TP-LINK TD-W8961ND Wireless-N ADSL2+ Modem Router Item # 537923
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Acquire and share high-speed Internet across a wired or wireless network with one device
- Versatile 3-in-1 design combines the functions of a high-speed ADSL modem, 4-port 10/100Mbps NAT router and Wireless-N access point.
- Complies with 802.11n wireless standards, offering wireless transmission speeds up to 300Mbps supporting bandwidth-intensive applications, such as wireless HD video streaming. Backward compatible with 802.11b/g.
- Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) technology and 2 omnidirectional antennas deliver enhanced wireless performance and coverage area.
- Built-in QoS engine helps prioritize Internet traffic, which prevents congestion. Enjoy smooth IPTV streaming, lag-free online gaming and other multimedia applications.
- Network Address Translation (NAT) and Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewalls safeguard against potential attacks. WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK encryptions actively protect against security threats.
- WPS 1-button security makes it easy to establish a secure encrypted connection with just the push of a button.
- Features an Easy Setup Assistant with multilingual support on the CD that makes the setup a breeze.
|Antenna Connector||R-SMA Connector|
|Antenna Gain||3 dBi|
|Broadband Transmission Technology||ADSL2+|
|Fast Ethernet Port||Yes|
|Input Voltage||9 V DC|
|ISM Maximum Frequency||2.48 GHz|
|ISM Minimum Frequency||2.40 GHz|
|Management||SNMP; VLAN; Web Based Configuration; TELNET; Command Line Interface; SNMP v1/2c; TR-069; QoS|
|maximum data transfer rate||300 Mbps|
|package contents||TD-W8961ND Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router; External Splitter; RJ-11 Telephone Cable; RJ-45 Ethernet Cable; Quick Installation Guide; Resource CD; Power Adapter|
|power source||AC adapter|
|Product Name||TD-W8961ND Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router|
|Security Features||NAT; Stateful Packet Inspection; VPN(PPTP, L2TP, IPSec) Pass-through; MAC Filtering; IP Filtering; Packet Filtering; Application Filtering; URL Filtering; Denial of Service(DoS); SYN Flooding; Ping of Death|
|System Requirements||Operating Systems: Windows 98SE; Windows NT; Windows 2000; Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Mac OS; NetWare; UNIX; Linux|
|Total Number of Antennas||2|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11n|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||300 Mbit/s|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
What This Product DoesThe TD-W8961ND Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router is an All-in-One device that combines the functions of a high speed ADSL modem, a 4-Port 10/100Mbps NAT router and a wireless access point. It is designed to provide end-users with a one-stop solution to acquiring and sharing high-speed Internet access over a wired/wireless network. Supporting the latest ADSL standards, the TD-W8961ND brings with it much higher speed than dial-up connections. Complying with the IEEE 802.11n standard, users will get up to 15X the speed and 5X the range of conventional 11g products. With this product, users can now enjoy more kinds of heavy bandwidth consuming applications like wireless HD video streaming, not possible with 11g products, from anywhere in their entire homes or even in their backyards!
One-Stop SolutionAs a 3-in-1 device, the TD-W8961ND combines the functions of a high speed DSL modem, a 4-Port 10/100Mbps NAT router and a wireless N access point. Using a telephone line the TD-W8961ND establishes a high-speed ADSL2+ Internet connection. Once set up, the device's wired/wireless functions can be used to share media between devices, browse the Internet, talk on an IP phone, or even stream HD video. Save time and money using one device instead of multiple devices that take longer to set up and occupy more cluttered space.
Access High-Speed InternetUnlike dial-up Internet service, a DSL Internet connection is always on, so users need not dial up or wait to access the web. Supporting the latest ADSL standards, the TD-W8961ND provides higher performance (up to 24Mbps downstream) and longer reach from user's local Internet Service Provider (ISP). This device also supports TR-069, which automatically updates the device's firmware and other settings when they become available from the ISP.
Exceptional Wireless PerformanceTD-W8961ND is a high-speed solution that complies with IEEE802.11n standards with wireless transmission speeds of up to 300Mbps. It adopts MIMO technology, has two detachable Omni directional antennas providing better wireless performance, transmission rates, stability and coverage. Users can get up to 15x the speed and 5x the range of conventional 11g products and share high-speed DSL Internet connections, photos, music, files, and even heavy bandwidth consuming applications like wireless HD video streaming, something not possible with 11g products, from anywhere in their entire homes or even in their backyards!
Ideal for Multimedia ApplicationPort VLAN binds specific LAN ports and PVCs for differential services like IPTV. The TD-W8961ND's built-in QoS engine provides various QoS policies that help prioritize Internet traffic to enable smooth IPTV streaming and lag-free online gaming. Thus users can experience the benefits of a smooth network connection without worrying about traffic congestion. Combined with IGMP multicast and IGMP snooping features the TD-W8961ND makes an ideal solution for multimedia applications.
Advanced Network Security And Flexible ManagementThe TD-W8961ND utilizes NAT and SPI (stateful packet inspection) firewalls which inspect the contents of incoming packets before they are allowed in, preventing potential attacks from across the Internet. For added convenience, it supports access control based on MAC addresses, IP addresses, domain names or applications such as MSN or Yahoo Messenger, so that parents and network administrators can establish restricted access policies for children or staff. Aside from web configuration, the TD-W8961ND also provides TR-069 and SNMP, which automatically update the device's firmware and other settings when they become available from users'ISP. All of these features help users to enhance their network's security and make network management more flexible.
WPS One Button SecurityTo setup their network's security encryption, users need simply to press the "WPS" button on their TD-W8961ND, then push the "WPS" button or enter the router's PIN Code in the wireless client, and it will automatically establish a WPA secure connection. Not only is this faster than normal security setups but more convenient in that users don't need to remember a password!
Easy To UseEasy Setup Assistant with multi-language support is provided in the product CD. Users can select their native language when setting up their device and complete Internet connection setup, wireless network settings and security configurations without the use of a multilingual dictionary. This benefit allows even novice users to setup their products without sacrificing any key features. Users need simply insert the TD-W8961ND's bundled Auto-Run CD to have their networks set up quickly and hassle-free in minutes.
- High speed DSL modem, NAT router and wireless access point in one device providing a one-stop networking solution
- Wireless N speed up to 300Mbps makes it ideal for heavy bandwidth consuming or interruption sensitive applications like online gaming, Internet calls and even the HD video streaming
- Easy Setup Assistant with multi-language support provides a quick & hassle free installation
- SPI and NAT firewall protects end-user devices from potential attacks from the Internet
- WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK encryptions provide user networks with active defense against security threats
- Easy one-touch WPA wireless security encryption with the WPS button
- Wi-Fi On/Off Button allows users to simply turn their wireless radio on or off
- QoS enables smooth IPTV streaming and lag-free online gaming
- Port VLAN binds specific LAN ports and PVCs for differential services
- Annex M doubles the upstream data rate
- Auto-reconnect keeps user online indefinitely
- Backward compatible with 802.11b/g products
|Description||N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router||300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router||300Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2+ Modem Router||300Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router|
|Wireless Speed & Frequency||300Mbps 2.4GHz + 300Mbps 5GHz||300Mbps 2.4GHz||300Mbps 2.4GHz||300Mbps 2.4GHz|
|Wireless Standard||802.11 a/b/g/n||802.11 b/g/n||802.11 b/g/n||802.11 b/g/n|
|Ethernet Ports||4 Gigabit LAN Ports||4 Gigabit LAN Ports||4 10/100Mbps LAN Ports||4 10/100Mbps LAN Ports|
|# of USB Ports for Storage Sharing, Media Server, Wireless Printing etc||2||2||1|
External: 3 x 5dBi for 5GHz
Internal: 2 x 3.5dBi for 2.4GHz
|3 x 5dBi (Detachable)||2 x 5dBi (Detachable)||2 x 5dBi (Detachable)|
|Quality of Service||
|Live Parent Control||
|Wi-Fi Protected Setup||