TP-LINK Portable Battery Powered 3G/4G Wireless N Router Item # 538148
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
TP-LINK's TL-MR3040 is a truly mobile wireless networking platform that when paired with a 3G USB modem, is able to broadcast a wireless signal at up to 150 Mbps around a room, creating a mobile office or entertainment network for up to five devices to access the Internet simultaneously. The device is the ideal travel companion, with pocket-sized dimensions and powered by its own powerful Internal 2000 mAh battery, users can work or play for hour on end. The device is also incredibly easy to use, allowing users to rapidly set up an Internet connected wireless network in as little time as it takes to plug in their 3G USB router or WAN cable and when finished, simply place the device back in their pockets.
|Broadband Transmission Technology||Ethernet; Cellular|
|cellular data connectivity||HSPA; UMTS; EVDO|
|Certifications & Standards||FCC; CE|
|Fast Ethernet Port||Yes|
|Gigabit Ethernet Port||No|
|ISM Maximum Frequency||2.48 GHz|
|ISM Minimum Frequency||2.40 GHz|
|Management||DHCP; Loal Management; Remote Management|
|manufacturer||TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd|
|package contents||Portable Battery Powered 3G/3.75G Wireless N Router; Power Adapter; Li-Ion Battery; USB Cable; Ethernet Cable; Quick Installation Guide; Resource CD|
|ports||1 10/100 Ethernet; 1 broadband (RJ-45); 1 USB|
|power source||Battery; AC Adapter|
|Security Features||Firewall; VPN; ALG; IP&MAC Binding; DoS Protection; Parental Control; Bandwidth Control; Access Schedule; DMZ; PPPoE/Russia PPPoE; L2TP/Russia L2TP; PPTP/Russia PPTP|
|security/encryption||64/128 bit WEP; WPA-PSK; WPA2-PSK; Wireless MAC Filtering|
|System Requirements||Operating Systems:Microsoft Windows 98SE; Microsoft Windows NT; Microsoft Windows 2000; Microsoft Windows XP; Microsoft Windows Vista; Microsoft Windows 7; Mac OS; NetWare; UNIX; Linux|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11n|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||150 Mbit/s|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
What This Product DoesTP-LINK’s TL-MR3040 is a truly mobile wireless networking platform that can broadcast a wireless signal at up to 150Mbps when paired with a 3G or 4G USB modem. This allows you to create a mobile office or entertainment network for up to five devices simultaneously. With pocket-sized dimensions and powered by its own powerful internal 2000mAh battery, the TL-MR3040 is your ideal travel companion. The TL-MR3040 is also incredibly easy to use. Just plug it in and simply slip it in your pocket when you’re done!
Battery Powered - Made to MoveThe TL-MR3040 is powered by a 2000mAh internal battery capable of powering a shared 3G or 4G network at 150Mbps for up to 5 hours. The TL-MR3040 can be powered by connecting its’ USB cable to your laptop or PCs USB port. With its' powerful internal battery and compact design, the TL-MR3040 is designed to be placed in your pocket and taken on the road. The portable 3G router’s elegant exterior improves any desktop, dashboard, or tray table on which it rests with slender curves and glossy piano white coating.
Two Ways of ConnectivityWith both an ethernet and a 3G/4G USB port, the TL-MR3040 is able to utilize conventional WAN connection or 3G/4G wireless connections to create a powerful wireless network with up to 150Mbps. More importantly, you can choose which connection is preferred and use the other one as a backup.
Four Operating Modes for Flexible NetworkingThe router supports four typical operating modes that can meet your networking needs in different situations. The four modes are 3G mode,wireless router mode,WISP mode and AP mode.
1. 3G mode. In this mode, plug in the 3G USB dongle and multiple people can share the Internet wherever a 3G signal exists.
2. AP mode. In this mode, the router can be used as an access point, repeater, bridge or client.
3. WISP mode. In this mode, the router can receive Internet signal from a wireless internet service provider and create a local wireless network.
4. Wireless router mode. In this mode, the device is used as a regular router.
Flexible Power SupplyTL-MR3040 provides you with a mini USB port to be connected to your laptop or power adapter for power supply.
150Mbps - More Power to YouAt 150Mbps, the TL-MR3040 has the wireless speed and range to accommodate several bandwidth intensive tasks at once with coverage for an entire average sized room. With a connected 3G/4G USB adapter or WAN cable, you can enjoy online games, sream media, or have a conference call from your home, car, or even on a train.
- Share a 3G mobile connection, compatible with HSPA/UMTS/EVDO 3G USB modems
- Battery powered, portable design, light and small enough for you to take anywhere
- Wireless N speed up to 150Mbps
- IP-based bandwidth control allows administrators to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each connected device
- A micro USB port to be connected to your laptop or power adapter for power supply
- Four working modes: 3G Router, Travel Router (AP), WISP Client Router, Wireless Router
- 2-Year Warranty
1. If your 3G USB modem is listed but not recognized by the router, please refer to the following steps to have a try:
- Download and upgrade the router with the latest firmware，which is always compatible with more 3G USB modems and available at http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?productcategoryid=202.
- If the problem still remains, please go to http://www.tp-link.us/support/3g/ to check whether there is a bin file for your 3G USB modem.
- If your 3G USB modem finally failed to be recognized by the router, please feel free to contact our technical support at http://www.tp-link.us/support/contact/.
2. If you found a 3G Modem is not listed but compatible with our 3G router, please feel free to tell us at http://www.tp-link.us/support/contact/, your kind help is very valuable for other customers.