Scholastic DVD: Traits — Professional Development — Grades K-2 Item # 540780
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Looking for specific, classroom-tested ways to build the skills of the youngest writers?
- An exciting new DVD series from Ruth Culham, expert on writing assessment and instruction.
- Filmed in K-2 classrooms, the series showcases how to assess student work and plan instruction according to all 7 traits. Traits include ideas, organization, voice, word choice, sentence fluency, conventions and presentation.
- Specifically, you'll see teachers in a study group assessing student work for each trait, using Ruth's analytic scoring guides.
- Then you'll watch them plan and implement writing lessons based on their findings.
- Best of all, you'll see young students take great pride as they apply the traits to their writing and watch it improve.
- The series also includes segments on conferring with students and dozens of tips for organizing and managing the primary writing classroom.
- 80-page Professional Study Guide contains background information on the TRAIT model. Also includes reproducible scoring guides and record-keeping tools, teacher-workshop agendas, management tips, and other materials that make the series perfect for staff development.
|grade||kindergarten; 1st grade; 2nd grade; 3rd grade|
|subject||reading & writing|