Scholastic Traits — Professional Development — Grade 3 & Up Item # 540795
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Includes 2 discs to help with professional development
- Disc 1 (67 minutes) provides important background on the TRAIT model. Comes with scoring tips, rubric, detailed lessons, management tips, teacher interviews and student comments covering the Ideas and Organization traits.
- Disc 2 (67 minutes) focuses in detail on the Voice, Word Choice, Sentence Fluency, Conventions and Presentation traits.
- For each trait, get Key Qualities — definition and explanation.
- Assessment Roundtables covers teacher discussions that use scoring guides to assess student papers at different levels.
- Focus Lessons focuses on teachers and students in classroom at work with lessons designed to teach key skills related to each of the traits.
- A Closer Look is teacher elaboration on important strategies for teaching writing using the TRAIT model. Helps with using student-friendly scoring guides, using R.A.F.T.S prompts and using literature to teach writing.
- Classroom Management Tips is teacher and student interviews on how to organize and implement the trait model in the classroom.
- Also includes a Professional Study Guide that you can put to work right away!
- 72-page guide provides background information on the TRAIT model. Contains reproducible scoring guides and writing samples, lesson plan reproducibles, FAQs and answers and other materials perfect for staff development.
|subject||reading & writing|
|educational content||planning; reading; language|
|grade||kindergarten; 1st grade; 2nd grade; 3rd grade; 4th grade; 5th grade; 6th grade|