This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
- Home /
- Product Details
The Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series brings enterprise-class resiliency and innovative flexibility to mobile-first networks. This advanced Layer 3 modular switch provides scalable aggregation with HPE Smart Rate multi-gigabit ports for high-speed 802.11ac devices, Virtual Switching Framework (VSF) stacking technology, hitless failover, line rate 40GbE, robust QoS and security and requires no software licensing. The 5400R is easy to deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager and Aruba AirWave and is SDN optimized with OpenFlow support.
|Compatible Rack Unit||4U|
|Ethernet Technology||10 Gigabit Ethernet|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP+|
|Media Type Supported||Optical Fiber|
|model||5406R 16-port SFP+ (No PSU) v3 zl2|
|Number of SFP+ Slots||16|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||20|
|package contents||5406R 16-port SFP+ (No PSU) v3 zl2 Switch; 1 x HP 5400R zl2 Management Module; 1 x HP 5412R zl2 Switch Fan Tray; 2 x HP 8-port 1G/10GbE SFP+ MACsec v3 zl2 Module; Mounting Hardware|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||16 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot; 4 x Expansion Slot|
|power source||Power Supply|
|Product Series||5400R zl2|
|Redundant Power Supply Supported||Yes|
|warranty length||limited lifetime|
|Weight (Approximate)||28.11 lb|
Aruba 5406R 16-port SFP+ (No PSU) v3 zl2 Switch
|The Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series brings enterprise-class resiliency and innovative flexibility to mobile-first networks. This advanced Layer 3 modular switch provides scalable aggregation with HPE Smart Rate multi-gigabit ports for high-speed 802.11ac devices, Virtual Switching Framework (VSF) stacking technology, hitless failover, line rate 40GbE, robust QoS and security and requires no software licensing. The 5400R is easy to deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager and Aruba AirWave and is SDN optimized with OpenFlow support.|
Power and Innovation For Your Digital Workplace
- The Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series is an industry-leading mobile campus access solution with HPE Smart Rate multi-gigabit ports for high-speed connectivity for the latest 802.11ac devices. It brings enterprise-class resiliency and true flexibility, security and scalability to mobile campus networks.
- Based on the 6th generation ProVision ASIC, the Aruba 5400R has a high-speed, high-capacity architecture with 2 Tbps crossbar switching fabric with low 2.1µ latency, unprecedented programmability, and leading edge SDN applications.
- Flexible connectivity options with 6- or 12- slot compact chassis, support for line rate 40GbE uplinks, up to 96 line rate 10GbE ports (SFP+ and 10GBASE-T), 1GbE and up to 288 ports of PoE+ with internal power supplies.
- Optimized for the digital workplace with unified management and security tools such as Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager and Aruba Airwave. Provides optimal configuration automatically when connected to Aruba access points for PoE priority, VLAN configuration, and rogue AP containment.
- License free software with advanced Layer 2 and 3 feature set including IPv6, IPv4 BGP, policy based routing, VRRP, OSPF, Tunneled node and robust QoS.
Resiliency and High Availability at the Edge
- The Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series using the sixth generation ProVision ASIC delivers wire-speed classification and policy enforcement. This hardware-based control of access and traffic allows protection, detection and response to network threats with no network performance degradation.
- Uninterrupted switching and routing for improved support of applications such as unified communications and enhanced L3 high availability.
- Supports virtual router redundancy protocol (VRRP) allowing groups of two routers to dynamically back each other up to create highly available router environments in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- Redundant management and power systems enhance system availability and continuity of operations. Hot-swappable modules and optional redundant power supply provides uninterrupted power and allows swapping of modules with no impact on the network availability.
- Virtual Switching Framework (VSF) virtualizes up to two physical switches into one logical device for simpler, flatter, more agile networks. Fast Software Upgrade minimizes downtime during upgrade on 5400R VSF stack.
Robust Security and Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS)
- The Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series includes a robust set of security and quality of services features to build a network that meets ever-changing corporate policies and compliances.
- Flexible authentication options include 802.1X, MAC and Web delivering greater policy-driven application security. Industry standard MACsec provides link-level encryption security between two points using copper or fiber links (available on select modules only).
- Advanced distributed denial of service (DDOS) protection, such as DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, and ARP Protection, and flexible traffic controls, such as policy-based routing, QoS, and ACLs, manage end-to-end application priorities.
- Powerful multilevel-access security controls, such as varying security management login, RADIUS/TACACS+, and SSH for safe control change management access. Defend the edge of your IPv6 network with DHCPv6 Protection and Dynamic IPv6 Lockdown.
- Tunneled Node to transport network traffic on a per-port basis to Aruba controller with authentication and network policies applied and enforced at the controller.
Simplify with Integrated Wired/Wireless Management
- The Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series supports Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager for unified and consistent policy between wired and wireless users and simplifies implementation and management of guest login, user onboarding, network access, security, QoS, and other network policies.
- Supports Aruba Airwave to provide common platform for Zero-Touch Provisioning management, and monitoring for wired and wireless network devices.
- RMON, XRMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events.
(16) open 10GbE SFP+ transceiver slots
(4) open module slots
Supports a maximum of 144 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports or 144 SFP ports or 48 SFP+ ports or 48 HP Smart Rate Multi-Gigabit or 12 40GbE ports, or a combination
|Memory and processor||
Freescale P2020 dual core @ 1.2 GHz
16 MB flash
1 GB SD Card
4 GB DDR3 SODIMM
1000 Mb Latency: < 2.8 µs
10 Gbps Latency: < 1.8 µs
40 Gbps Latency: < 1.5 µs
|Throughput||up to 571.4 Mpps|
|Routing/switching capacity||960 Gbps|
|Switch fabric speed||1015 Gbps|
Aruba AirWave Network Management
IMC - Intelligent Management Center
Out-of-band management (RJ-45 Ethernet)
Out-of-band management (serial RS-232C or micro USB)
|Input voltage||110 - 127 / 200 - 240 VAC, rated|
|Operating temperature range||0 to 45°C|
|Operating humidity range||15 to 95% @ 113°F (45°C) (noncondensing)|
|Heat dissipation||2450 BTU/hr (2584.75 kJ/hr)|
|Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)||17.5 x 17.75 x 6.9 in|
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability