D-Link® DES-1008E 8-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch Item # 547197
Grow your wired network
- Connect more computers and devices to your network Desktop switch lets you expand your wired network by adding computers, printers, storage devices and more.
- Provides speeds of up to 200 Mbps per port (full-duplex).
- Compact size to fit anywhere in your home or office.
- Easy, plug-and-play installation.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|dimensions||1.42"H x 4.93"W x 3.3"D|
|form factor||Wall Mountable; Desktop|
|Input Voltage||5 V DC|
|manufacturer||D-Link Systems, Inc.|
|maximum data transfer rate||200|
|package contents||DES-1008E Fast Ethernet Switch; Warranty Card; Quick Install Guide; Wall Mount Kit; Power Adapter|
|plug and play||yes|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||8 x Fast Ethernet Network|
|ports||8 10/100 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 management; 1 stack|
|power source||AC adapter|
|Product Name||DES-1008E Fast Ethernet Switch|
|Total Number of Network Ports||8|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
Product Q & A
From the Manufacturer|
DescriptionThe 8-Port Desktop Switch lets you network up to eight devices at speeds up to 200Mbps at full-duplex capability and is compacted enough to be placed virtually anywhere in your home or office.
AUTO-SENSING 10/100 PORTS
The DES-1008E uses auto-sensing 10/100 Mbps ports, allowing a small workgroup to flexibly connect to Ethernet and Fast Ethernet devices to create an integrated network. These ports detect the network speed and auto-negotiate between 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX, as well as between full and half-duplex, allowing you to get the maximum speed possible for each device connected to your network.
AUTO MDI/MDIX CROSSOVER
All ports support automatic MDI/MDIX crossover, eliminating the need for crossover cables or uplink ports. Each port can be plugged directly to a server, hub, router, or switch using regular straight-through twisted-pair Ethernet cables.
FLOW CONTROL FOR SECURE TRANSMISSION
802.3x flow control on each port minimizes dropped packets when the port’s receiving buffer is full. This gives you a more reliable connection for all of your connected devices.
- Eight 10/100 Mbps Switched Ports
- Up to 100 Mbps of Dedicated Bandwidth per Port and up to 200 Mbps Bandwidth in Full-Duplex Mode1
- Auto MDI/MDI-X Crossover for all Ports
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- Plug & Play Installation
- Supports MAC Address Learning
- Wall Mountable
- 24/7 Basic Installation Support
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
|Data Transfer Rates||
|Media Interface Exchange||
|Mac Address Table||
|Mac Address Learning||
|Packet Filtering/Forwarding Rates||
|Device Dimensions (W x D x H)||
|Minimum System Requirements||
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.
- 1 Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic and network overhead, lower actual data throughtput rate.
- 2 Limited Lifetime Warranty available only in the USA and Canada if purchased on or after June 1, 2010.