This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
D-Link DCS-942L Network Camera - Color, Monochrome Item # 550708
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The DCS-942L Enhanced Wi-Fi Day/Night Camera is a complete surveillance solution for your home or small office. The built-in night vision and PIR motion sensor give you 24 hour surveillance with motion detection, and you can record snapshots and video directly to the included microSD card. It's mydlink enabled too, so you can check on your camera anytime, anywhere from any PC, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Network camera lets you remotely monitor your home or office. View video from almost anywhere over the Internet, with easy access via a web browser, iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ device. Lets you keep an eye on your home, workplace, kids, pets and valued possessions.
- Night vision permits viewing in the dark or low light. Built-in infrared LEDs let you see up to 15' in complete darkness.
- Wireless-N (802.11n) connectivity for easy, cord-free setup. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button allows easy secure setup. An Ethernet port is provided for wired connectivity.
- 4x digital zoom for close-up viewing. Records at VGA resolution (640 x 480) at up to 30 frames per seconds.
- Motion detection permits automatically triggered recording. You can also have e-mail alerts sent to you.
- H.264-enhanced video compression for efficient use of storage space. Lets you record up to 5x the footage in a given space compared with MJPEG video. A microSD card slot is provided for on-site video storage (microSD card sold separately).
- Supports 2-way audio. Includes built-in microphone and audio out jack.
- Easy do-it-yourself installation.
|Certifications & Standards||FCC Class B; IC; C-Tick; CE|
|Color Supported||Color; Monochrome|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless; Cable|
|Flash Memory Capacity||16 MB|
|Focus Modes||Fixed Focus|
|Illumination||1 Lux; 0 Lux|
|Image Sensor Type||CMOS|
|manufacturer||D-Link Systems, Inc.|
|Maximum Focal Length||3.15 mm|
|Maximum Power Consumption||5.50 W|
|Maximum Video Resolution||640 x 480|
|operating system compatibility||Operating System:Microsoft Windows XP; Microsoft Windows Vista; Microsoft Windows 7; Internet Explorer 6; Firefox 3.5; Safari 4 or later|
|ports||1 10/100 Ethernet (RJ-45)|
|Protocols||IPv4; ARP; UDP; TCP; ICMP; DHCP; NTP; DynDNS; DDNS; DNS; SMTP; FTP; HTTP; PPPoE; UPnP; LLTD; RTCP; RTSP; RTP; 3GPP|
|Security Features||WEP encryption; WPA encryption; WPA2 encryption; WPS|
|video formats||Motion JPEG; MPEG-4|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|White Balance Modes||Auto|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11b/g/n|
|Show More ▾|
Product Q & A
From the Manufacturer|
Respond to what you see with a built-in mic
Get push notifications sent to your phone so you know as it happens
Out of the box and into your home in minutes
No Monthly Fees
Affordable home security that doesn't nickel and dime
Your camera begins recording automatically to a microSD card when it senses changes in your home.
Be there. Even when you're not.
Check in on the people and places you love whenever you'd like with our free mydlink® app.
Easy to set up. Even easier to expand.
Get your DCS-942L set up in minutes, and place it just about anywhere in your home. Easily add cameras to cover new spaces and new additions.
Plays well with others.
When you combine your Record & Playback Wi-Fi Camera with our other Smart Home devices, you can make amazing things happen around your home.
Detects changes within the camera's environment, triggering e-mail alerts and auto-recording
View up to 15 feet in complete darkness
Monitor your home or office from anywhere with your iPhone, iPad, Android devices and Windows Phones
Built-in microSD card slot allows you to record video footage directly to your camera
Connect your camera with blazing-fast wired connectivity
Install your camera in minutes
|Audio||2-Way Audio (Built-in Mic and Audio Out connector)|
|Built-in Network Interface||
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||
Use of audio or video equipment for recording the image of voice of a person without their knowledfe and consent is prohibited in vertain states or juristictions. Nothing herein represents a warranty or representation that D-Link product provided herein is suitable for the end-user's intended use under the applicable laws of his or her state. D-Link disclaims any liability whatsoever for any end-user use of the D-Link product with fails to comply with applicable state, local or federal laws.
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specification, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.
©2011 D-Link Corporation/D-Link Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. D-Link, the D-Link logo, the D-Link RoHS logo, D-ViewCam, and mydlink are trademarks or registered trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United Sates and/or other countried. Other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Wi-Fi Camera Comparison
- 1 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link 802.11n devices.
- 2 Latest Software and Documentation available at support.dlink.com
- 3 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the USA and Canada.