This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
The Aruba 3800 Switch Series provides performance, resiliency, flexibility, and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB and branch office deployments. Based on a powerful ProVision ASIC, the switch has low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption. Mesh-stacking technology delivers modular chassis-like resiliency in stackable 1U form factor. The Aruba 3800 Switch Series has a robust Layer 3 feature set with IPv6, IPv4 BGP, policy based routing, and OSPF. It is SDN ready with OpenFlow support.
|Compatible Rack Unit||1U|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP+; Stacking Module|
|Flash Memory||4 GB|
|form factor||Rack-mountable; Desktop|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Management||HP PCM+; Telnet; DHCP; VLAN; RMON 1, 2, 3, 9; Web-based Management; SNMP v1, v2c, v3; sFlow v5; MIB; CLI; QoS|
|Number of SFP+ Slots||2|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||3|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||24 x Gigabit Ethernet Network; 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot|
|ports||24 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 stack|
|power source||Power Supply|
|Redundant Power Supply Supported||No|
|Standard Memory||2 GB|
|Total Number of Network Ports||24|
|warranty length||limited lifetime|
|Weight (Approximate)||15.25 lb|
|What's Included||E3800-24G-2SFP+ Layer 3 Switch; 1 x Fan Tray (J9582A); 1 x Power Supply (J9581A); Rack Mounting Kit|
Aruba 3800 24G 2SFP+ Switch
|The Aruba 3800 Switch Series provides performance, resiliency, flexibility, and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB and branch office deployments. Based on a powerful ProVision ASIC, the switch has low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption. Mesh-stacking technology delivers modular chassis-like resiliency in stackable 1U form factor. The Aruba 3800 Switch Series has a robust Layer 3 feature set with IPv6, IPv4 BGP, policy based routing, and OSPF. It is SDN ready with OpenFlow support.|
Performance, Resiliency and SDN Ready for the Campus Edge
- The Aruba 3800 Switch Series provides performance, resiliency, flexibility, and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB and branch office deployments.
- Full Layer 3 switch series for flexible deployment with 24 or 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports plus convenient built-in 10GbE uplinks (10GBASE-T or SFP+), PoE+, Energy Efficient Ethernet, and hot-swappable, redundant power supplies.
- Mesh-stacking technology delivers modular chassis-like resiliency in stackable 1U form factor with optional stacking modules.
- License free software with advanced Layer 2 and 3 feature set including IPv4 BGP, policy based routing, IPv4/IPv6 OSPF, and robust QoS.
- Delivers consistent wired/wireless user experience with unified management tools such as ClearPass Policy Manager and Airwave Network Management. Provides optimal configuration automatically when connected to Aruba AP's for PoE priority, VLAN configuration, and rogue AP containment.
Mesh Stacking and Power at the Edge
- The Aruba 3800 Switch Series uses a powerful ProVision ASIC providing very low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption.
- Meshed-stacking technology delivers high-performance stacking with up to 336 Gbps of throughput and increased resiliency.
- As many as five 3800 switches can be stacked in a mesh topology and then an additional five can be arranged in a ring.
- Selectable queue configurations enables increased performance by selecting the number of queues and associated memory buffering that best meet the requirements of the network applications.
Resiliency and High Availability
- The Aruba 3800 Switch Series supports virtual router redundancy protocol (VRRP) allowing groups of two routers to dynamically back each other up to create highly available router environments in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- Uninterrupted switching and routing for improved support of applications such as unified communications and enhanced L3 high availability.
- Dual hot-swappable power supplies provide uninterrupted power and allow swapping of modules on the fly to reduce impact on the network availability. Provides up to 1080 W PoE+ power.
Robust Security and Quality of Service (QoS)
- The Aruba 3800 Switch Series includes a robust set of security and QoS features to build a network that meets ever-changing corporate policies and compliances.
- Flexible authentication options include Local MAC, 802.1X, MAC and Web modes for greater policy-driven application security.
- Advanced distributed denial of service (DDOS) protection-such as DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, and ARP Protection-flexible traffic control programs, policy-based routing, QoS, and ACL, manage end-to-end application priorities.
- Powerful multilevel-access security controls, such as varying security management login, RADIUS/TACACS+, and SSH increase security and control change management access.
- Supports ClearPass Policy Manager for unified and consistent policy between wired and wireless users and simplifies implementation and management of guest login, user onboarding, network access, security, QoS, and other network policies.
(24) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
(2) fixed 1000/10000 SFP+ ports
|Memory and processor||
HP ProVision ASIC/ARM @ 350 MHz
Freescale P2020 @ 1200 MHz
4 GB flash
Packet buffer size: 18 MB dynamic
2 GB SDRAM
1000 Mb Latency: < 2.8 µs
10 Gbps Latency: < 1.9 µs
|Throughput||up to 65.4 Mpps|
|Switching capacity||88 Gbps|
Aruba AirWave Network Management
IMC - Intelligent Management Center
|Power supply name||1 x J9581A|
|Input voltage||100 - 127 / 200 - 240 VAC, rated|
|Operating temperature range||0 to 55°C|
|Operating humidity range||15 to 95% @ 104°F (40°C) (noncondensing)|
|Power consumption||127 W (maximum)|
|Heat dissipation||434 BTU/hr (457.87 kJ/hr)|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||17.43 x 18.4 x 1.7 in|
- (1) Aruba 3800-24G-2SFP+ Switch
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability