- Read Mode for easier on-screen reading. This new mode causes text to reflow automatically into columns. It displays fewer menus, showing only the tools related to reading. Also lets you easily zoom in on tables, charts and images.
- Lets you easily continue reading from a previous session. Word automatically bookmarks the last place you were reading; when you resume, it picks up right where you left off. And for an online document, resuming works even if you reopen it on a different computer!
- Supports editing of PDF documents. You can view and edit PDF content in Word, as if it were a Word file.
- Lets you save and share documents in the cloud. Cloud storage lets you access files from anywhere that you have online access. Great for collaboration with others, too.
- Revision controls help you manage editing changes. Simple Markup view shows where tracked changes have been made. Comments now can be replied to, allowing discussion. Even when marked as done, comments can be reviewed later.
- Powerful editing features for easier changes. Guides to align charts, photos and videos appear when you need them, then disappear when you're done. Moving an object causes text to reflow instantly around it, providing continuous updates on how the page will look. Just release the mouse button to the change permanent.
- Lets you collapse or expand parts of a document with a tap or click.
- New templates help you get started quickly. Lets you add polish and style, for professional-looking results.
- Works great with touch-screen displays. Touch features are optimized for Windows 8. All features and functions are supported for a keyboard or mouse, too.
|operating system compatibility||Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2012|
|memory requirements||1 GB|
|minimum processor compatibility||1 GHz, 32-bit or 64-bit, with SSE2 instruction set|
|minimum hard disk space||3 GB|
|minimum resolution required||1366 x 768|
|additional requirements||DirectX 10 graphics card (for hardware-accelerated graphics)|
|software type||product key (requires download)|
|full version/upgrade||full version|
|postconsumer recycled content||0%|
|total recycled content||0%|
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
From the Manufacturer|
What's new in Word 2013
Do more with your docs: Pop in an online video, open a PDF and edit the content, align pictures and diagrams with minimal fuss. The new Read Mode is clean and distraction-free—and it works great on tablets. Teaming-up is better too, with direct connections to your online spaces and streamlined review features like Simple Markup and comments.
Enjoy the read
Get absorbed in Word documents right from your screen with a new clean, comfortable reading view.
New Read Mode
Enjoy reading with a view that displays your documents in easy-to-read columns on the screen.
Editing tools are removed to minimize distractions, but you still have access to the tools that are always handy for reading such as Define, Translate, and Search on Web.
Double-tap with your finger or double-click with your mouse to zoom in and make tables, charts and images in your document fill the screen. Focus on and take in the information, then tap or click again outside the object to zoom out and continue reading.
Reopen a document and keep reading right where you left off. Word remembers where you were—even when you reopen an online document from a different computer!
Watch online videos right in Word, without having to leave the document, so you can stay focused on the content.
Expand and collapse
Collapse or expand parts of a document with just a tap or click. Put summaries in headings and leave it to readers to open the section and read the details if they want.
Work with others with streamlined collaboration tools.
Save and share files in the cloud
The cloud is like file storage in the sky. You can get to it anytime you’re online. Now it’s easy to share a document using SharePoint or SkyDrive. From there you can access and share your Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, and other Office files. You can even work together with your colleagues on the same file at the same time.
A new revision view, Simple Markup, provides a clean, uncomplicated view of your document, but you still see indicators where tracked changes have been made.
Reply to comments and mark them as done
Comments now have a reply button. You can debate and easily track comments right next to the relevant text. And when a comment is addressed and no longer requires attention, you can mark it as done. It will be greyed out to keep out of your way, but the conversation will still be there if you need to revisit it later.
Add polish and style
With Word 2013 you can create more beautiful and engaging documents, and you can work with more media types—like online videos and pictures. You can even open PDFs.
Start with a template
When you open Word 2013, you’re offered a choice of great new templates to help get you started along with a list your recently viewed documents so you can get back to where you left off in no time.
If you’d rather not use a template, click the Blank document.
Open and edit PDFs
Open PDFs and edit the content in Word. Edit paragraphs, lists, and tables just like familiar Word documents. Take the content and make it look great.
Insert online pictures and video
Add online videos directly to your documents that readers can watch right in Word. Add your pictures from online photo services without having to save them first to your computer.
Live layout and alignment guides
Get a live preview as you resize and move photos and shapes in your document. The new alignment guides make it easy to line up charts, photos, and diagrams with your text.
Computer and Processor
- 1 GHz or faster x86 or 64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 3.0 GB available disk space
- 1366 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2 with .NET 3.5 or later, or Windows Server 2012
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10; Mozilla Firefox 10.x or a later version; Apple Safari 5; or Google Chrome 17.x.
- Internet connection. Fees may apply.
- Microsoft account.
- A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. New touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8.
- Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability