This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Epson® BrightLink® 720p WXGA 3LCD Projector 585Wi Item # 553197
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Enjoy brighter colors and more vivid projection with 3LCD technology
- 3-chip, 3LCD technology allows for noticeably brighter colors and ultra-reliable performance.
- Ultra-short-throw projector displays crisp images up to 100" in size from just 12" away.
- Projects images with 3,300 lumens of stunning brightness and 10,000:1 contrast.
- Equipped with PC-free interactivity, allowing you to display content at resolutions up to 1400 x 1050 from virtually any device.
- Allows you to wirelessly share and compare work from multiple devices simultaneously thanks to Network Moderator software.
- Comes with 2-year limited lifetime warranty and ultra-bright 245W projection lamp that lasts through up to 6,000 hours of use.
- Equipped with two HDMI™ ports.
- Portable projector weighs 12.1 lb.
|Audio Line In||Yes|
|Audio Line Out||Yes|
|average lamp life||4000-6000 hours|
|Color Supported||1 Billion Colors|
|dimensions||6 1/8" x 14 1/2" x 14 13/16"|
|Economy Mode Lamp Life||6000 Hour|
|form factor||Wall Mountable; Desktop|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||-3°/+3°|
|Input Scan Format||1080i|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Lamp Power||245 W|
|maximum diagonal image size||100 inches|
|Maximum Lens Aperture||F/1.8|
|maximum resolution||1400 x 1050|
|Minimum Diagonal Image Size||60"|
|Native Aspect Ratio||16:10|
|native resolution||1280 x 800|
|Normal Mode Lamp Life||4000 Hour|
|Number of Lamps||1|
|number of speakers||1|
|Operating Power Consumption||376 W|
|Output Scan Format||720p|
|package contents||BrightLink 585Wi Interactive WXGA 3LCD Projector; Wall Mount; Projector Template Sheet; Installation Guide; Quick User's Guide; Power Cable; USB A/B cable; Computer / VGA cable; Electronic User Manual; Interactive Driver For Mac; Epson EASY Interactive Tools; Network Management Software; Projector Remote Control; Two (2) Interactive Pens; Pen Tray; 2 x AA Batteries (for interactive pens) + Battery Charger; 2 x AA Batteries (for remote)|
|Parts Warranty/Labor||3 Month|
|Platform Supported||PC; Mac; Android; IOS|
|Projection Method||Front; Rear|
|projector weight||12.1 lb|
|remote control included||yes|
|Speaker Output Mode||Mono|
|Speaker Output Power||16 W|
|Speakers||1 x mixed channel|
|Standby Power Consumption||330 mW|
|Throw Ratio||0.27 to 0.37 16:10|
|Total Number of HDMI Ports||2|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||-3°/+3°|
|Video Signal Format||PAL; NTSC; SECAM|
|Video Signal Standard||HDTV|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||12.10 lb|
|white brightness (white light output)||3,300 lumens|
|Zoom Type||Digital Zoom|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
BrightLink 585Wi Interactive WXGA 3LCD Projector
The bright choice in interactivity for today’s BYOD classrooms.
Engage students in new ways with the BrightLink 585Wi ultra short-throw interactive projector. Offering 3x Higher Color Brightness1 than competitive models, Epson® 3LCD projectors ensure bright, vivid lessons. Featuring 3,300 lumens of color brightness and 3,300 lumens of white brightness2, the 585Wi shines bright. And, it displays images up to 100" from just 12" away. Plus, PC-free interactivity makes it easy to annotate on displayed content from virtually any device, or no source at all. Teachers can use the included Moderator software3 to simultaneously share students’ work from PCs, Mac®, iOS® and Android™ devices. The 585Wi also includes SMART Notebook® collaborative learning software.
- 3x Higher Color Brightness1, and reliable performance — 3LCD, 3-chip technology
One measurement of brightness is not enough — look for both high color brightness and high white brightness. The BrightLink 585Wi has:
- Color/Interactive Brightness: 3,300 lumens2
- White/Interactive Brightness: 3,300 lumens2
- PC-free interactivity — display and write on content from an iPad®, iPod®, iPhone®, Android device, document camera, DVD player, or no source at all
- Convenient collaboration for BYOD classrooms — wirelessly share4 and compare students’ work from multiple devices, simultaneously, with network Moderator software3
- Wireless interactivity 4 — use EasyMP® software with a networked BrightLink projector to share and interact with content from your laptop as you move freely about the classroom
- Dual pen support — allows two users to annotate simultaneously anywhere on the surface on which the image is projected
- Includes SMART Notebook collaborative learning software — plus a one-year subscription to the SMART Notebook Advantage software maintenance program
- Compatible with top interactive software — maximize your investment by utilizing familiar teaching applications, such as SMART Notebook
- Wall mount included — get a 100" image from as little as 12" away; significantly reduces shadow interference and glare
- 2x HDMI® — supports multiple high-definition A/V devices, with MHL® support5
Amazing image quality
3x Brighter Colors with Epson1
Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness (color light output), and Epson 3LCD projectors have 3x Higher Color Brightness than leading competitive projectors1.
One brightness measurement (lumens) is not enough. A projector’s specification needs to show both high color brightness and high white brightness. If color brightness is lower than white brightness, images may be dark, dull and lose detail. If not provided, be sure to ask for a projector’s color brightness specification.
3LCD — The #1 projection technology in the world
- Both high color brightness and high white brightness
- 3 chips for up to 3x Higher Color Brightness9 than DLP projectors
- 25% lower power consumption for lower energy costs10
- 25 years of road-tested reliability
- A nationwide study reveals that 9 out of 10 people prefer images from 3LCD projectors11
Support BYOD classroom collaboration and wirelessly share and control content from personal devices to the projector with Epson’s Moderator device management software3.
- Wirelessly connect up to 50 Windows® and Mac devices, plus iOS or Android mobile devices running the Epson iProjection™ App6
- The teacher can share content from up to four device screens simultaneously to the projector and control which device screens to display
- Encourage and control classroom collaboration; it’s perfect for comparing students’ work side by side
Easy Interactive Tools 3.0
This new annotation software from Epson allows users to control projector settings over the network; record and save video from Epson document cameras; save, re-open and edit annotation files; access archived curriculum; and program the interactive pen button to provide instant access to the most used tools. Best of all, Easy Interactive Tools is free and ships with each BrightLink projector.
SMART Notebook Software for Brightlink Included
SMART Notebook collaborative learning software helps teachers create engaging and interactive learning experiences. Make learning fun with SMART Notebook’s subject-specific functionality, easy integration with mobile devices, and thousands of pieces of pre-created content. Each BrightLink includes a four-seat user license for SMART Notebook, as well as a one-year subscription to the SMART Notebook Advantage software maintenance program.
When using Epson’s EasyMP software with a networked BrightLink projector, teachers are no longer tied down by restrictive and confining cables. Educators can wirelessly display and interact with content as they move about the classroom with their laptop, experiencing a whole new level of interactive freedom.
Advanced network connectivity and management capabilities
Present A/V content over the LAN or annotate on network content using BrightLink’s instant annotation tools. With Epson’s EasyMP Monitor software, IT administrators can configure and monitor the status of their Epson networked projectors, including the remote viewing of power status, lamp hours and temperature/filter conditions.
Epson iProjection™ App4
Display, annotate and control content from your iOS or Android mobile device with the free Epson iProjection App. Teachers can walk around the class and still share engaging content. The app is easy to use and navigate with intuitive menu options that make it simple to bring iOS and Android content to the big screen.
BrightLink’s ultra-short-throw design eliminates many of the common problems of interactive systems, such as shadowing and eye glare. Project images up to 100" from just 12" away. Ideal for wall-mount installations, it’s the perfect way to engage students without any interference.
Two people can work simultaneously, or independently, with dual pen support — PC-free. Students can work together seamlessly to share ideas and information. Each pen features a user-programmable side button for quick access to the most frequently used features.
Easy to use
Simple Setup Suite from Epson
Epson projectors offer a suite of innovative features that ensure flexible placement and fast, easy setup.
- Flexible wall mount (included) — the telescopic arm makes it easy to mount the projector and then adjust the image on any surface, including plain walls and existing boards, as well as thicker boards
- Auto calibration — get up and running in no time
- 2x HDMI — use with multiple high-definition A/V devices (compatible with the latest laptops, Blu-Ray Disc® and media players)
- MHL — the latest in connectivity5
- Display content with MHL-enabled smartphones, tablets and Roku® devices8
- Use the projector remote to control MHL-enabled devices
- Charge your MHL-enabled device when it’s plugged into the projector
- Get instant access to movies, games and more
- Display content with MHL-enabled smartphones, tablets and Roku® devices8
- Quick Corner® — this innovative feature allows you to move any of the four corners of an image independently, to adjust each corner for a perfectly rectangular picture
- Quick, convenient control — Instant Off® means no cool-down time required; it’s ready to shut down when you are
- Copy menu settings for multiple projector installations — save on installation time; copy settings via a USB flash drive, USB cable or LAN
1 Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. The projectors used by a third-party lab for measuring color brightness were leading Epson 3LCD business and education projectors and leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD sales data for June 2013 through May 2014 and PMA Research sales data for Q1 through Q3 2013.
2 Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
3 Moderator feature is part of EasyMP Multi-PC Projection software.
4 Check your owner’s manual to determine if a wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable wireless connection on your Epson projector. Epson projectors can be networked either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specifications for availability) or via a wireless connection. Not all Epson projectors are able to be networked. Availability varies depending on model.
5 Includes one Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) HDMI port.
6 To use Epson iProjection, the projector must be configured on a network. Epson projectors can be networked either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specifications for availability) or via a wireless connection. Check your owner’s manual to determine if a wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable wireless connection on your Epson projector. Not all Epson projectors are able to be networked. Availability varies depending on model.
7 iOS supported formats and files: Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx, Office 2003 or later), PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx, Office 2003 or later), Excel (.xls, .xlsx, Office 2003 or later), Keynote (.key ’09 format; Keynote 6.0 not supported), Adobe PDF (.pdf, PDF 1.7, Acrobat® 8 compatible or later), JPG and PNG; Android supported formats and files: Adobe PDF (PDF 1.6), JPG, JPEG and PNG.
8 Roku Streaming Stick™ allows you to watch content from popular Internet streaming services. Roku's Streaming Stick only available in the U.S.
9 Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. The projectors used by a third-party lab for measuring color brightness were leading Epson 3LCD projectors and leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD sales data for June 2013 through May 2014 and PMA Research sales data for Q1 through Q3 2013.
10 Data source: ProjectorCentral.com, Feb. 2015. Average of 1,420 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of six brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the six segments.
11 Leading 3LCD business and education projectors vs. leading 1-chip DLP projectors, selected according to NPD data as of July 2015. Based on U.S. research conducted by Radius Research.
12 ECO Mode is up to 10,000 hours. Normal Mode is up to 5,000 hours. Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.
13 For convenient and reasonable recycling options, visit www.epson.com/recycle
14 SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.
- 1 Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.