This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
Epson PowerLite W16 3D Ready LCD Projector - 720p - HDTV - 16:10 Item # 562206
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Brighten up any lesson - or add a dimension to your art, science or math class - with the PowerLite W16 from Epson. Project brilliant 2D content. Or, use it with active shutter 3D glasses (sold separately) for amazing eye-popping 3D performance that's sure to bring any subject to life. Captivate your students with dynamic, colorful content. They'll enjoy larger-than-life images with this versatile, native WXGA resolution widescreen, Full HD projector. Install it in your classroom or take it from room to room. It's portable and easy to set up with automatic horizontal and vertical image correction and the convenient Screen Fit feature. With HDMI digital connectivity, connecting to your computer or media player is a breeze. Bring captivating 3D to your classroom and expand the world of education for your students.
|3D Type||3D Ready|
|aspect ratio||4:3; 16:9|
|Audio Line In||Yes|
|Audio Line Out||Yes|
|Color Supported||16.7 Million Colors (24-bit)|
|Economy Mode Lamp Life||5000 Hour|
|form factor||Ceiling Mountable|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||-20°/+20°|
|Input Scan Format||1080i|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Lamp Power||200 W|
|maximum diagonal image size||26.50 ft|
|Maximum Lens Aperture||F/1.72|
|Minimum Diagonal Image Size||33"|
|Minimum Lens Aperture||F/1.58|
|Native Aspect Ratio||16:10|
|native resolution||1280 x 800|
|Normal Mode Lamp Life||4000 Hour|
|Number of Lamps||1|
|number of speakers||1|
|Operating Power Consumption||289 W|
|Output Scan Format||720p|
|Parts Warranty/Labor||3 Month - Lamp|
|Platform Supported||PC; Mac|
|ports||1 audio in; 2 audio out; 1 composite video; 1 HDMI; 1 S-video; 1 USB; 1 VGA in; 1 VGA out|
|Power Consumption Operational (Standby)||3.2 Watt|
|Projection Method||Front; Ceiling; Rear|
|Speaker Output Mode||Mono|
|Speaker Output Power||2 W|
|Speakers||1 x mixed channel|
|Standby Power Consumption||360 mW|
|Throw Ratio||1.3 to 1.56|
|Total Number of HDMI Ports||1|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||-30°/+30°|
|Video Signal Format||SECAM; NTSC; PAL|
|Video Signal Standard||HDTV|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||6 lb|
|What's Included||PowerLite W16 3D WXGA 3LCD Projector; Power Cord; VGA Cable; Remote Control with 2 x AA Batteries; Quick Setup Guide; User's Guide CD|
|white brightness (white light output)||3000 lm|
|Zoom Type||Manual Zoom|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
PowerLite W16 3D WXGA 3LCD ProjectorBright Lessons to Life with Engaging 3D Content.
- 3x Brighter Colors, and reliable performance – 3LCD, 3-chip technology
- One measurement of brightness is not enough – look for both high color brightness and high white brightness. The PowerLite W16 has:
- Color Brightness: 3000 lumens (color light output)
- White Brightness: 3000 lumens (white light output)
- 2D and active 3D, Full HD
- 3LCD, 3-chip technology
- Active 3D glasses—not included
- Supports all 3D formats
- Auto H/V keystone correction
- HDMI digital connectivity
- USB Plug ‘n Play instant setup
The best-selling projectors in the worldEpson understands education and has a solution no matter what your teaching scenario. Built with image quality and reliability in mind, Epson projectors enhance communication and inspire collaboration, while offering a low total cost of ownership. From long-throw projectors designed for traditional educational settings to ultra-short-throw and all-in-one solutions built for progressive classrooms, Epson has the model made for you.
REMARKABLE IMAGE QUALITY3x Brighter Colors with EpsonBrilliant image quality requires high color brightness (color light output), and Epson 3LCD projectors have 3x Brighter Colors than leading competitive projectors.
One brightness measurement (lumens) is not enough. A projector‘s specification needs to show both high color brightness and high white brightness. If color brightness is lower than white brightness, images may be dark, dull and lose detail. If not provided, be sure to ask for a projector’s color brightness specification.
Get consistent, true-to-life color with Epson, whether you’re projecting images with deep, dark colors or a white screen with text.
Remarkable widescreen performanceFeaturing WXGA resolution (1280 x 800, 16:10 aspect ratio), the PowerLite W16 is ideal for use with the latest generation widescreen computers, and great for projecting widescreen content. It gives you:
• 30% more image area than a 4:3 image
• 10% more image area than a 16:9 image
The PowerLite W16 still allows you to display 4:3 and 16:9 content.
3LCD - The #1 projection technology in the world• Up to 3x Brighter Colors
• All 3LCD projectors have 3 chips
• 25% lower power consumption for lower energy costs
• 20 years of road-tested reliability
Dynamic classroom content in 2D or 3D — the choice is up to youNow, you can do even more to engage every student in your classroom. Driven by 3LCD technology, the versatile PowerLite W16 ensures amazing quality and color for both 2D and 3D content. Add 3D material to enhance each lesson and ensure a truly dynamic visual experience. Studies show that retention is often increased when 3D visuals are used.
What you’ll need to bring active 3D to your classroom
- A PowerLite W16 projector
- Active shutter 3D glasses (sold separately)
- 3D content
- A media player with HDMI output
- An optional ceiling mount (if you choose to mount the projector)
FAST, EASY SETUP AND CONTROLEasy setup and image adjustments
The PowerLite W16 offers the ultimate in placement flexibility.
- Automatic horizontal (+/- 20 degrees) and vertical (+/- 30 degrees) image correction — place the projector off-center from the screen and still get a correctly proportioned image
- Convenient Screen Fit feature — automatically adjust the projected image to fill the screen with the touch of a button
- Quick Corner — move any of the four corners of an image independently, for a perfectly rectangular picture
High-definition video and audio with HDMI digital connectivity
- Delivers both audio and brilliant video content with just one cable
- Compatible with the latest laptops, Blu-ray and media players
Supports all 3D formatsThe PowerLite W16 supports all 3D formats, so no external converter box is necessary which helps save money. However, most 3D-ready projectors only support one format, and an external converter box must be purchased in order to support all formats. So, when you are evaluating the right 3D projector for your classroom, make sure to check to see if the projector supports all 3D formats.
3-in-1 USB Plug ‘n Play for PC and MacThree features, all with one standard USB connection
- Display your presentation
- Transmit audio
- Control your presentation via remote control
- Eliminate the need for three separate cable connectors
Expanded USB functionality
- Deliver PC-free image slideshows and movies using a USB flash drive (supports multiple file formats: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP and AVI)
- Partner your projector directly with the Epson DC-06 document camera
Energy-efficient E-TORL lamp, exclusively from Epson
- Delivers more lumens per watt and lasts up to 5000 hours
- Minimizes both light diffraction and light leakage
- E-TORL lamps maximize your presentation time, while minimizing your costs
Built-in closed captioning
- Essential for education — helps meet ADA508 requirements for students with hearing impairments
- Helps save money — no need to pay for an additional decoder and installation
- Effective and easy to use — easily enabled or disabled through the projector remote or menu
Convenient control and energy-saving features
- Instant Off — no cool-down time required; it’s ready to shut down when you are
- A/V Mute — pause your presentation to direct focus elsewhere or take a quick break
- Sleep Mode — set from 1 to 30 minutes to save energy when no signal is detected
- Direct Power On/Off — power the projector on/off with the flip of a wall switch
- Recyclable product
- Epson America, Inc. is a SmartWaySM Transport Partner
- 1 Light output varies depending on modes (color light output and white light output). White light output measured using ISO 21118.
- 2 WXGA (1280 x 800), XGA (1024 x 768), SVGA (800x600).