This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
The HPE HSR6800 Router Series is a family of high-performance, multiservice routers designed for data center interconnection, enterprise WAN core, campus WAN edge, and high-speed WAN aggregation services. It runs the Comware operating system and features an advanced multi-core, distributed service processing hardware architecture that scales up to 420 Mpps forwarding and up to 2 Tbps switching capacity. The router delivers robust routing, multicast, MPLS, IPv6, security, quality of service, carrier-level high-availability features, and high-density 10GbE and 1GbE interface options.
|Compatible Rack Unit||7U|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||20|
|Redundant Power Supply Supported||Yes|
HPE FlexNetwork HSR6804 Router Chassis
|The HPE HSR6800 Router Series is a family of high-performance, multiservice routers designed for data center interconnection, enterprise WAN core, campus WAN edge, and high-speed WAN aggregation services. It runs the Comware operating system and features an advanced multi-core, distributed service processing hardware architecture that scales up to 420 Mpps forwarding and up to 2 Tbps switching capacity. The router delivers robust routing, multicast, MPLS, IPv6, security, quality of service, carrier-level high-availability features, and high-density 10GbE and 1GbE interface options.|
High-performance Platform with Distributed Service Architecture
- The HPE HSR6800 Router Series features advanced hardware architecture with multi-core CPUs and fully distributed routing and service engines for increased performance.
- The platform scales up to 420 Mpps forwarding performance, 120 Gbps IPsec performance, 2 Tbps switching capacity and delivers up to 64 10GbE ports, 384 GbE ports, 32 channelized OC-3 POS interfaces, 1512 E1 interfaces, and 2016 T1 interfaces.
- All engines have separate control and service planes to avoid interference and to facilitate service continuity during an active/standby switchover.
- The distributed design allows packet forwarding and complicated services such as NAT, GRE, NetStream, QoS, and IPsec to be processed on each line card independently, thus tremendously enhancing the service processing performance of the overall system as line cards are added.
- The switching fabric connects to the line cards through high-speed passive backplane channels. It uses patented distributed scheduling algorithms and virtual output queues (VOQ) to perform inter-card forwarding, implementing non-blocking forwarding, and end-to-end traffic control.
Comprehensive Routing, Security and Quality of Service Features
- The HPE HSR6800 Router Series supports all IPv4 and IPv6 routing protocols including RIP/RIPng, OSPF/OSPFv3, IS-IS/IS-ISv6, BGP/BGP4+, PIM/PIM6, MSDP, MBGP, and policy based routing delivering increased flexibility.
- The series supports comprehensive MPLS features, including LDP, MPLS TE, L3 VPN, L2 VPN, VPLS, Multicast VPN, 6PE, and 6vPE which provides more flexibility at cost-effective price-points.
- Provides all-round security protection features, including packet filtering, stateful firewall, ACL, attack detection and prevention, control plane rate limiting, uRPF, AAA, IPSec VPN, and Auto-discovery VPN.
- Offers advanced QoS features, including queue scheduling, congestion avoidance, congestion management, traffic policing, traffic shaping, priority marking, and hierarchical QoS.
Innovative System Virtualization with Intelligent Resilient Fabric
- The HPE HSR6800 Router Series uses Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) to implement system virtualization. IRF enables two HSR6800 Routers to form and work as a single virtual device.
- IRF simplifies management. Two routers work as one virtual device which simplifies device management and network topology management, improves operation and maintenance efficiency, and lowers maintenance costs.
- IRF improves network availability. IRF allows for cross-chassis bundling of Ethernet and POS WAN links to implement load sharing and link backup. This mechanism enhances network redundancy, improves link utilization, removes single points of failure, and avoids service interruption.
- IRF increases scalability. The virtual device has doubled slots, ports, and performance.
- The HPE HSR6800 Router Series includes the first service aggregation routers in the industry that support virtualization.
Carrier-Class High Availability
- The HSR6800 Router Series supports dual-MPUs, redundant power modules, and advanced distributed service architecture.
- Comware network operating system is a proven, highly fault-tolerant and feature-rich operating system that operates across the Hewlett Packard Enterprise networking portfolio.
- All line-cards and modules on the router are hot-swappable.
- The series supports comprehensive high availability features that reduce service disruption including non-stop routing, graceful restart, stateful failover, IGP fast convergence, in-service software upgrades (ISSUs), fast reroute, and innovative multi-chassis resiliency.
|Ports||(4) SAP slots or (8) HIM slots or (16) MIM slots, or a combination|
|Throughput||up to 240 Mpps|
100 - 240 VAC, rated
-48 to -60 VDC, rated (depending on power supply chosen)
|Operating temperature range||0 to 45°C|
|Operating humidity range||5 to 95%|
|Power consumption||851 W (maximum)|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||17.17 x 18.98 x 12.13 in|
- (1) HPE HSR6804 Router Chassis
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability