Tylenol® Extra Strength, Box Of 50 Item # 564070
A stiff neck or a headache shouldn't keep you from delivering what's sure to be a promotion-winning presentation. Extra-strength Tylenol soothes away discomfort, so you're feeling great and ready for anything as quickly as possible.
- Tylenol extra-strength pain reliever can be used for headaches, muscular aches, backache, minor pain of arthritis, the common cold and more.
|medicine type||pain relief|
|manufacturer||JOHNSON & JOHNSON|
From the Manufacturer|
TYLENOL® Relieves Your Aches and PainsWhen doing the activities you love, having powerful relief of headaches, muscle aches and pains is what’s important. Whether headaches or muscle aches are bringing your day to a halt, relieve those road blocks with doctor-recommended pain relief.
TYLENOL® Extra Strength Caplets at a Glance:
- Acetaminophen is a pain reliever and fever reducer
- Contains no aspirin
- Available as caplets
- Safe for adults and children 12 years and older
TYLENOL® For Pain ReliefAcetaminophen, found in over-the-counter (OTC) medications like TYLENOL®, is a safe pain relief option when used as directed.
How to Treat and Prevent HeadachesHeadaches have you feeling down? There are a few tips that can help you get immediate relief. If you have a headache now, give one of the following a try:
- Take a hot bath or shower. This helps relax those aching muscles
- Go for a brisk walk. Fresh air can freshen your outlook and work wonders on a headache
- Trying simple head and neck stretches
Once you have your initial symptoms under control, you can start researching headache prevention tips. Try some of the following relaxation techniques each day:
- Sit or lie down comfortably and place one hand on your stomach, just below the rib cage
- Breathe slowly through your nose and notice that your stomach expands outward and upward
- Exhale slowly through your nose or mouth, letting your stomach empty
- Repeat this breathing exercise 10 to 20 times
To further prevent the oncome of headaches, make sure you're getting enough sleep as well as enough exercise. You can also adjust your pillows or the position you sleep in.
How to Prevent Headaches While at Work:
- Take frequent breaks from looking at computer screens
- When on the phone, don’t cradle it between your shoulder and ear
- Avoid slumping in your office chair
There are plenty of ways to prevent headaches, but the best way is to figure out what triggers affect you in the first place. Keep a record of your headaches, and write down what happened in the hours prior to its onset. Ask yourself:
- What did I eat?
- Was I inside or outside?
- What activities were taking place?
- Were there any loud noises?
- Did I sleep well the night before?
- Did I exercise (cardio) during the week prior to the headache?
How to Treat and Prevent Muscle AchesMuscle soreness happens to the best of us, but WHY does it happen at all? Learn how to avoid muscle aches by knowing where your pain starts:
- Fatigue: Experiencing soreness during or just after an activity is usually due to tired muscles. Soreness should not last more than a few minutes after rest. If it does, you may have a more serious muscle injury on your hands.
- Unusual Activity: Have you tried a new exercise recently? Perhaps something your body is not used to? That could be the cause of your body pain. Soreness or loss of flexibility for 12 to 24 hours (even up to 72 hours) afterward is normal.
- Repetitive Activity: Let’s say you do the same thing over and over again, on a regular basis. Whether weightlifting, running or working a machine, repetitive movement of muscle can result in soreness.
How to Relieve Muscle Soreness
- First, try taking an over-the-counter pain reliever like TYLENOL®
- R.I.C.E. it – Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation
- Avoid strenuous activity and continue stretching to avoid further injury
How to Prevent Your Muscles from Aching
- Stretch before and after you exercise.
- Perform a mild warm-up and cool-down before and after exercising
- Increase your exercise difficulty levels in small increments
- Drink lots of fluids when you exercise
- When at work, vary activities as much as possible, and stretch at least once every hour
Talk to your doctor before beginning or revising any exercise regimen.
Directions for UseDo not take more than directed (see overdose warning).
Adults and children 12 years and over: Take 2 caplets every 6 hours while symptoms last. Do not take more than 6 caplets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor. Do not use for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor.
Children under 12 years: Ask a doctor.
About TylenolIn 1879, McNeil was founded when Robert McNeil opened McNeil Pharmacy in Philadelphia, where he manufactured and sold medications to hospitals and doctors throughout the city. Johnson & Johnson acquired McNeil Laboratories in 1959 and the following year, TYLENOL® was approved for sale without a prescription. In 1975 the TYLENOL® line of products became the 5th best-selling brand of analgesic in the U.S. and as McNeil launched TYLENOL® Extra Strength tablets in 1976, the TYLENOL® line of products became the #1 branded OTC analgesic in the U.S.
Package ContentsTYLENOL® Extra Strength Caplets, 50 Count, 2 Pack