This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
- Home /
- Product Details
The SMART1500XLTAA SmartPro 120V 1.5kVA 980W Line-Interactive UPS provides battery backup and AC power protection against blackouts, brownouts, power surges and line noise that can damage electronics or destroy data. Ideal for backing up VoIP systems, point-of-sale applications and network closets, the SMART1500XLTAA switches to battery mode in milliseconds to keep your connected equipment running long enough to save files and shut down safely with no data loss.Featuring six NEMA 5-15R outlets (one switchable) and a 1.83 m (6-ft.) power cord with 120V NEMA 5-15P input, the SMART1500XLTAA has an internal battery that provides 20 minutes of support at half load and seven minutes at full load. Adding external battery packs, such as Tripp Lite’s BP36V15-2U (sold separately), provides extended runtime. Front-panel LEDs indicate line power, battery power, overload, voltage regulation and battery status. An alarm sounds to indicate power failure, overload or a low battery.Automatic voltage regulation (AVR) maintains 120V nominal output over an input range of 75V to 147V without using battery power. EMI/RFI noise filtering improves your equipment’s performance and prevents damage. A 480-joule surge suppression rating protects your equipment from harmful power surges. With Tripp Lite’s PowerAlert software (available via free download), SMART1500XLTAA enables safe unattended system shutdown and file saves in case of a prolonged power failure.
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||7 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||20 Minute|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|Certifications & Standards||UL1778; CSA; FCC Part 15 Category A (EMI); TAA; UL; cUL; FCC Class A (Business)|
|Frequency Provided||60 Hz|
|Input Connectors||Power NEMA 5-15|
|Input Current||12 A|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC|
|Load Capacity (VA)||1500 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||980 W|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||4 Hour|
|Output Voltage||120 V AC|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|ports||1 serial; 1 USB|
|Receptacles||6 x NEMA 5-15R|
|software included||PowerAlert Software|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||41.60 lb|
|What's Included||SmartPro XL SMART1500XLTAA 1500 VA Tower UPS; USB Cable; Serial Cable; PowerAlert unattended shutdown and UPS/Power monitoring software; Instructional Manual with Warranty Information|
SMART1500XLTAA SmartPro® Line-Interactive Tower UPS with Expandable Runtime
POWER PROTECTION AND BATTERY BACKUP
for servers and network hardware
This line-interactive UPS system protects your critical network systems from damage, downtime and data loss.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?The success of any organization depends on critical information systems like servers and network hardware. If your critical systems don't have reliable power, employees can't work, communications go down, automated systems malfunction and productivity grinds to a halt. It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and unavoidable hazards lurking inside your own walls, your servers and network hardware are under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can damage your equipment, corrupt your data, bring down your network and hurt your bottom line.
The potential costs of downtime are alarming. Surveyed averages range from $1,167 per minute for mid-size businesses (IDC) to $7,908 per minute for larger operations (Ponemon Institute). For a tiny fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this SmartPro® UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power to protect your equipment, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and allows critical systems to shut down gracefully to prevent data loss and corruption during extended blackouts.
Common ApplicationsProtect Servers and Network Hardware
Application Servers, Storage Servers, Database Servers, File Servers, Virtualization Servers, Proxy Servers, Web Servers, Media Servers, VoIP Servers, Network-Attached Storage, Network Switches, PoE Switches, Firewalls, Network Appliances, Bridges, Gateways, Routers
Expandable Battery Backup
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (490 W) for up to 20 minutes using the included batteries.
- Extended Runtime: This UPS system allows you to connect one or more optional external battery packs to provide additional backup runtime. Some external battery packs can also be daisy-chained, allowing you to scale runtime to match any application requirement.
- Hot-Swappable Batteries: You can add or replace batteries without turning off the UPS system and disrupting the operation of connected equipment.
Advanced AVR and Surge/Noise ProtectionIn locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are several ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the front-panel LEDs for convenient local management.
- Use the HID-compliant USB port and your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB or serial port with Tripp Lite's free PowerAlert® software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. You can always download the latest version of PowerAlert at Tripp Lite's website.
- High Efficiency: This UPS system saves energy, produces less heat, shrinks your carbon footprint and reduces annual operating costs.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 2-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SMART1500XLTAA
Load Capacity: 1.5 kVA (980 W)
Nominal AC Input: 120V, 60 Hz
Nominal AC Output: 110V; 115V; 120V, 60 Hz
AC Outlets: 6 x 5-15R
Switched Outlet Banks: One switchable single-outlet 5-15R load bank
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): PWM Sine Wave
Input Cord: 6 ft. (1.8 m) Cord with 5-15P Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 20 min. (490 W Load)
Communications: USB Port (HID-Compliant); Serial Port (DB9)
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (RBC53)
Expandable Battery Runtime: Yes (Requires optional external battery pack)
External Battery Pack Compatibility: BP36V15-2U (limit 1); BP36V42-3U (multi-pack compatible); BP36V27-2US (multi-pack compatible)
Primary Form Factor: Tower (Add UPSWM for wall-mount installation.)
Dimensions: 12.8 x 7.5 x 9.5 in. (32.5 x 19 x 24.2 cm)
Weight: 41.6 lb. (18.9 kg)
Standards: UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC (EMI); TAA; RoHS
Product Warranty (Worldwide): 2-Year Limited Warranty
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What's Included: UPS, USB/Serial Cabling, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability