D-Link® DWA-140 RangeBooster N™ Wireless USB Adapter Item # 579055
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Wirelessly share photos, files, music, video, printers, storage and more
- Easy-to-use adapter attaches to any available USB port on a laptop or desktop computer.
- Supports Wireless-N (Pre-N, or draft 802.11n) for better range. Also offers higher top speeds when communicating with other Wireless-N equipment — up to 300Mbps.
- Convenient USB 2.0 connectivity — no need to open your computer's case.
- Backward compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g devices.
- Enhanced security: WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) and WPA2.
- Compatible with Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
|Additional Information||Data Transmission Rate (IEEE 802.11n): 30/60/90/120/180/240/270 and 300Mbps|
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|connector type||USB 2.0|
|dimensions||0.5"H x 1.1"W x 3.4"D|
|manufacturer||D-Link Systems, Inc.|
|number of users per network||1|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 2000 (SP4); Windows XP (SP2); Windows Vista (32-bit only)|
|plug and play||yes|
|virtual private network (VPN) support||n/a|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Wireless Security||64/128-bit WEP encryption length; Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA, WPA2)|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||300 Mbit/s|
|Show More ▾|
Product Q & A
From the Manufacturer|
DescriptionGive your desktop or notebook PC the gift of better Wi-Fi connectivity with this RangeBooster N® USB Adapter.
The D-Link RangeBooster N® USB Adapter (DWA-140) is a 802.11n compliant wireless client for your desktop or notebook PC. It delivers up to 12x faster speeds1 and 4x farther range1 than an 802.11g network while staying backward compatible with 802.11g networks. Once connected, you can share a high-speed Internet connection, photos, files, music, printers, and more.
GET CONNECTED, STAY CONNECTED
The RangeBooster N USB Adapter is powered by RangeBooster N technology to provide superb wireless performance in the home or office. Connect to a RangeBooster N Router (DIR-625) and experience smooth Internet phone calls (VoIP), responsive network gaming, secure Web surfing, faster file transfers, enhanced audio streaming, and greater wireless coverage in larger homes and offices1 . The DWA-140 supports WPA™ and WPA2™ encryption that allow you to connect securely to a wireless network.
EASY TO SETUP, EASY TO USE
D-Link's Quick Adapter Setup Wizard guides you step-by-step through the installation process. Configure this USB adapter without having to call a networking expert to help you. The D-Link Wireless Manager is also included with this product to keep track of your most frequently accessed networks so that you can join them quickly and easily.
With unmatched wireless performance, reception, and security protection, the D-Link RangeBooster N USB Adapter (DWA-140) is a great choice for easily adding or upgrading wireless connectivity to your desktop or notebook PC.
WHAT THIS PRODUCT DOES
Connect your desktop or notebook computer to a wireless network and access a high-speed Internet connection, transfer files, and stream media from greater distances around your home or office.
RANGEBOOSTER N® ADAPTER BENEFITS
- Delivers up to 12x faster speeds1 and 4x farther range1 than 802.11g.
- Access secure networks using WPA™ or WPA2™ encryption.
- Backward compatible with 802.11g networks.
- Easy to install and use with the included Quick Adapter Setup Wizard.
- Up to 12X Faster & 4X Farther than 802.11g1
- Wirelessly Connect to the Internet for Work or Play
- Greater Wireless Reception Around Your Home or Office
- Backward Compatible with 802.11g Networks
|Wireless Frequency Range||
|Recommended System Requirements||
|Minimum System Requirements||
All references to speed and range, including the performance chart, are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size, and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.
- 1 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g and 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link’s 802.11n devices.
- 2 Using a USB 1.1 port will affect device performance.
- 3 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the USA and Canada.
- 4 Computer must adhere to Microsoft’s recommended System Requirements.
- 5 Latest software and documentation are available at