D-Link® DGS-1016D 16-Port 10/100/1000 Rackmount/Desktop Switch Item # 591485
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Advanced power-saving design
- High-speed wired switch lets you easily expand your wired network. Lets you connect up to 16 Ethernet-enabled computers.
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet (1000Mbps) speeds. Compatible with 10Mbps and 100Mbps (10/100Base-T) devices, too.
- Energy-saving features won't compromise performance. Automatically powers down ports that have no link, budgets power output for different Ethernet cable lengths, and uses a power adapter that is more energy efficient.
- Non-blocking architecture for high-performance networking. Supports a switching capacity of up to 32Gbps.
- Quality of Service (QoS) improves the delivery of time-sensitive applications. Great for video, Voice over IP (VoIP) phone calls, and more.
- Easy installation with no configuration. Auto MDI/MDI-X crossover on all ports means there's no need for crossover cables. Auto negotiation at each port automatically senses the speed of each attached network device and adjusts automatically.
- Advanced features for high performance. 8K MAC address table provides scalability for even large networks. Address learning and aging, 802.3x flow control for full-duplex mode, and back pressure flow control for half-duplex mode help alleviate traffic congestion, ensuring reliable and efficient data transmission.
- LED indicators for each port help you diagnose cable problems quickly.
- Rack-mountable design with 1RU height. Can be installed in a standard 19" rack.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|Certifications & Standards||IEEE 802.3: Ethernet; IEEE 802.3U: Fast Ethernet; IEEE 802.3x: Flow Control; IEEE 802.3ab: Gigabit Ethernet; Emissions: CE Mark A, FCC Class A; Safety: CSA + NRTL/C|
|Compatible Rack Unit||1U|
|dimensions||1.7"H x 11"W x 7.1"D|
|Eco-conscious||helps save energy|
|form factor||Desktop; Rack-mountable|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|manufacturer||D-Link Systems, Inc.|
|maximum data transfer rate||1000|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair|
|number of users per network||16|
|plug and play||yes|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||16 x Gigabit Ethernet Network|
|ports||16 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45)|
|power source||Power Supply|
|Total Number of Network Ports||16|
|warranty length||5-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||2.97 lb|
|Show More ▾|
Product Q & A
From the Manufacturer|
The D-Link 16-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop or Rackmount Switch offers an economical way for SOHO and small to medium businesses (SMB) to deploy an energy-efficient switch that features the increased bandwidth of Gigabit ports.
Gigabit on Every Port
These switches bring the speed of Gigabit Ethernet to each and every port for a truly high-speed network. If your network has a mix of legacy and modern computing capabilities, each port allows for 10Mbps standard Ethernet, 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet, or 1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet connections. You have the latest technology available to every computer and device connected to your network.
The DGS-1016D helps you conserve energy automatically through several methods. It automatically powers down ports that have no link, saving substantial amounts of power by cutting power usage for unused ports or any ports connected to computers that have been shut down.
Easy to Install and Maintain
This switch was designed for Plug-and-Play and hassle-free installation. Auto-MDI/MDI-X crossover on all ports eliminates the need for crossover cables when connecting to another switch or hub. Auto-negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device and intelligently adjusts for compatibility and optimal performance. Diagnostic LEDs and cable diagnostics allow for quick detection and correction of network problems.
Improved Network EfficiencyThe DGS-1016D switch incorporates several optional advanced features to help simplify and improve network management and efficiency. Flow Control throttles connections to ensure connectivity during heavy usage periods by reducing packet loss and wasteful data retransmission. In addition, Storm Control and Port Isolation mitigates the effects of broadcast storms caused by rogue software and malware, which propagate across networks and can bring communication to a standstill.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
D-Link offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the DGS-1016D unmanaged switch to further its commitment to product quality and long-term customer confidence.
DIP Switch Functionality
Improved Network Efficiency
The DGS-1016D switches incorporate several optional advanced features to help simplify and improve network management and efficiency. Flow Control throttles connections to ensure connectivity during heavy usage periods by reducing packet loss and wasteful data retransmission. In addition, Storm Control and Port Isolation mitigates the effects of broadcast storms caused by rogue software and malware, which propagate across networks and can bring communication to a standstill.
- EEE: Enable/Disable IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet
- Flow Control: Enable/Disable Flow Control
- Port Isolation and Storm Control: Port Isolation: When enabled, ports 1 to 15 will be isolated from each other, but will still be able to communicate with port 16. Port 16 will be able to communicate with all the ports available on this switch. Storm Control: When enabled, a broadcast storm control threshold value of 128 kbps will be applied to incoming broadcast packets on all ports.
• 16 Gigabit Ethernet ports for fast network speeds
• Desktop or rackmountable metal housing - rackmount brackets included
• Fanless design for silent operation
• IEEE 802.3x Flow Control - can be enabled/disabled1
• Port Isolation and Broadcast Storm Control - can be enabled/disabled1
• Auto MDI/MDI-X crossover for all ports
• Full/half-duplex for Ethernet/Fast Ethernet speeds
• Jumbo Frame support
• Innovative D-Link Green Ethernet Technology conserves energy
• Link status detection reduces power usage
• 802.3az EEE reduces power consumption significantly - can be enabled/disabled1
• RoHS compliant
• Plug-and-play installation saves you time
Number of Ports
• DGS-1016D: Sixteen 10/100/1000 Gigabit ports
• IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet
• IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet
• IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet
• ANSI/IEEE 802.3 NWay auto-negotiation
• IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
Data Transfer Rates
• 10 Mbps (half duplex)
• 20 Mbps (full duplex)
• Fast Ethernet:
• 100 Mbps (half duplex)
• 200 Mbps (full duplex)
• Gigabit Ethernet:
• 2000 Mbps (full duplex)
• UTP CAT 3, 4, 5/5e (100 m max)
• EIA/TIA-586 100-ohm STP (100 m max)
• 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T:
• UTP CAT 5/5e (100 m max)
• EIA/TIA-568 100-ohm STP (100 m max)
D-Link Green Features
• IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
• Link status detection power saving
• RoHS Compliance
Media Interface Exchange
• Auto MDI/MDIX
• Store-and-Forward switching method
MAC Address Table
• 8K MAC addresses
• 512 KBytes RAM for data buffering
• DGS-1016D: 9216 Bytes
• DGS-1016D: 32 Gbps
Port Packet Filtering
• 10M: 14,880 pps
• 100M: 148,800 pps
• 1000M: 1,488,000 pps
Front Panel Switches1
• (#1) Enable/disable EEE
• (#2) Enable/disable Flow Control
• (#3) Enable/disable Port Isolation/Broadcast Storm Control
• Power LED
• 16 Link/Activity/Speed LEDs (one per port)
• 100 to 240V AC Input
• Standby: 4.78 watts
• Maximum: 10.24 watts
• Standby: 16.30 BTU/h
• Maximum: 34.94 BTU/h
• DGS-1016D: 908,130 hours
• DGS-1016D: 11.02 x 4.92 x 1.73 inches (280 x 1255 x 44 mm)
• DGS-1016D: 2.29 lbs (1.04 kg)
• Operating: 32 to 104 °F (0 to 40 °C)
• Storage: 14 to 158 °F (-10 to 70 °C)
• Operating: 5% to 90% RH, non-condensing
• Storage: 5% to 95% RH
Emissions Certifications (EMI)
• FCC Class A
• ICES-003 Class A
• CE Class A
• VCCI Class A
• C-Tick Class A
• DGS-1016D 16-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop or Rackmount Switch
• Limited Lifetime Warranty
- 1 Front panel control switches are applicable only for DGS-1016D hardware rev G3 and higher.