Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive, 500GB Item # 592077
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Upgrade the performance of your computer!
- Features 3D V-NAND technology.
- Vertical design helps overcome the capacity limitations of traditional 2D NAND technology.
- Charge Trap Flash (CTF) technology helps prevent data corruption caused by cell-to-cell interference.
- 3-dimensional chip design enables superior performance, reliability and energy efficiency.
- Next generation beyond the 840 EVO.
|hard drive type||Solid State Drive|
|hard drive width||2.5 in.|
|Maximum Read Transfer Rate||540 MB/s|
|Maximum Write Transfer Rate||520 MB/s|
|Product Series||850 EVO|
|storage capacity||500 GB|
|warranty length||5-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||1.44 oz|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
|Product: 2.5" SATA III||NAND Flash ||Sequential Read Speed |
|Sequential Write Speed ||AES Encryption |
Unlock Your Computer's PotentialSamsung's 850 EVO series SSD is the industry's #1 best-selling1 SSD and is perfect for everyday computing. Powered by Samsung's V-NAND technology, the 850 EVO transforms the everyday computing experience with optimized performance and endurance. Designed to fit desktop PCs, laptops, and ultrabooks, the 850 EVO comes in a wide range of capacities and form factors.
Uncompromised PerformanceThe 850 EVO optimizes performance for your daily computing tasks, boasting sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s with TurboWrite technology and sequential read speeds up to 540 MB/s. Plus, RAPID mode to further boost performance for up to 2x faster2 data processing speeds by utilizing unused PC memory as cache storage.
Guaranteed Endurance and reliabilityThe Samsung 850 EVO maintains high performance, optimized endurance, AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption3 , Dynamic Thermal Guard, and a 5 year limited warranty4 .
Capacities Range up to 4TBMore storage options that are just right for your needs. Samsung offers the 850 EVO in a full range of capacities up to 4TB. With the industry’s first 4TB SSD for client PCs, you can store more data on a single SSD than ever before.
Multiple Form Factors for Almost Any NeedSamsung has designed the 850 EVO in multiple form factors with compatibility in mind. The 2.5-inch size is designed to fit most desktop PCs and laptops, while the SATA-based M.2 and mSATA are ideal for ultra-slim mobile computing.
- 1 Based on 2015 NPD reported revenue in the US
- 2 Compared to same drive w/out RAPID enabled
- 3 AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption is compliant with advanced security management solutions, such as IEEE® 1667 and TCG™ Opal.
- 4 5 years or TBW (120GB/250GB: 75TBW; 500GB/1TB: 150TBW; 2TB/4TB: 300TBW), whichever comes first.