This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HP 5920AF-24XG Switch Item # 617777
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The HPE 5920 Switch Series is a family of low-latency 10GbE data center, top-of-rack (ToR) switches with large deep packet buffers for loss-sensitive applications. Perfect for deployment at the access layer in large and medium sized enterprises. The HPE 5920 Switch Series is great for content delivery, especially to reduce network I/O congestion. Customers will benefit from HPE enhanced IRF capabilities to build robust spine-and-leaf networks supporting server-to-server traffic and network virtualization. Optional Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software Platform for network management.
|Certifications & Standards||Safety:UL 60950-1; EN 60825-1 Safety of Laser Products-Part 1; EN 60825-2 Safety of Laser Products-Part 2; IEC 60950-1; CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1; ANATEL; ULAR; GOST; EN 60950-1/A11; FDA 21 CFR Subchapter J; NOM; Emissions:VCCI Class A; EN 55022 Class A; ICES-003 Class A; ANSI C63.4 2003; AS/NZS CISPR 22 Class A; EN 61000-3-2:2006; EN 61000-3-3:1995 +A1:2001+A2:2005; EMC Directive 2004/108/EC; FCC (CFR 47, Part 15) Class A; Immunity:Generic ETSI EN 300 386 V1.3.3; ESD EN 61000-4-2; IEC 61000-4-2|
|Compatible Rack Unit||1U|
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet; 10 Gigabit Ethernet|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP+|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Management||Intelligent Management Center; Command-line Interface; SNMPv1, v2c, and v3; Telnet; QoS|
|Number of SFP+ Slots||24|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||24|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||24 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Network|
|power source||Power Supply|
|Redundant Power Supply Supported||Yes|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
HPE FlexFabric 5920AF 24XG Switch
|The HPE 5920 Switch Series is a family of low-latency 10GbE data center, top-of-rack (ToR) switches with large deep packet buffers for loss-sensitive applications. Perfect for deployment at the access layer in large and medium sized enterprises. The HPE 5920 Switch Series is great for content delivery, especially to reduce network I/O congestion. Customers will benefit from HPE enhanced IRF capabilities to build robust spine-and-leaf networks supporting server-to-server traffic and network virtualization. Optional Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software Platform for network management.|
What is New
Ultra-low-latency 10GbE Data Center Switches with Deep Packet Buffers
- The HPE 5920 Switch Series provides low latency 10 GbE with large data buffers for loss sensitive environments.
- All ports support full L2/L3 features, IPv4/IPv6 dual stack, OpenFlow and TRILL for high scalability and Software-defined Networking (SDN) support.
- Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) for simpler management, faster re-convergence and business agility.
High-Performance Data Center Switching
- The HPE 5920 Switch Series delivers 480 Gbps switching capacity for the most demanding applications.
- Supports up to 367 mpps throughput for data-intensive environments.
- Low latency, under a 1.5 µs 10GbE latency, provides increased performance.
- Large deep packet buffers of 3.6 GB for smoother networking I/O traffic.
Simplicity and Lower TCO
- The HPE 5920 Switch Series simplifies switch management by up to 88% with IRF.
- No extra hidden cost with simple one license per switch for all OS features.
- All switch ports are active and ready to use without need for activation licenses.
- Automate tedious tasks with SDN and reclaim wasted resources.
- Address Resolution Protocols (ARP): supports static, dynamic, and reverse ARP and ARP proxy
- Flow Control: IEEE 802.3x Flow Control provides intelligent congestion management via PAUSE frames
- Ethernet Link Aggregation: IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation of up to 128 groups of 16 ports; support for LACP, LACP Local Forwarding First, and LACP Short-time provide a fast, resilient environment that is ideal for the data center
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): STP (IEEE 802.1D), Rapid STP (RSTP, IEEE 802.1w), and Multiple STP (MSTP, IEEE 802.1s) provide loop avoidance
- VLAN support: provides support for 4,096 VLANs based on port, MAC address, IPv4 subnet, protocol, and guest VLAN; supports VLAN mapping
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP): determines the MAC address of another IP host in the same subnet; supports static ARPs; gratuitous ARP allows detection of duplicate IP addresses; proxy ARP allows normal ARP operation between subnets or when subnets are separated by a Layer 2 network
- Operations, administration and maintenance (OAM) support: provides support for Connectivity Fault Management (IEEE 802.1AG) and Ethernet in the First Mile (IEEE 802.3AH); provides additional monitoring that can be used for fast fault detection and recovery
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) and VRRP Extended: allow quick failover of router ports
- Policy-based routing: makes routing decisions based on policies set by the network administrator
- Equal-Cost Multipath (ECMP): enables multiple equal-cost links in a routing environment to increase link redundancy and scale bandwidth
- Layer 3 IPv4 routing: provides routing of IPv4 at media speed; supports static routes, RIP and RIPv2, OSPF, BGP, and IS-IS
- Layer 3 IPv6 routing: provides routing of IPv6 at media speed; supports RIPng, OSPFv3, BGP4+ for IPv6, and IS-ISv6
|Ports||(24) fixed 1000/10000 SFP+ ports|
|Memory and processor||
256 MB flash
Packet buffer size: 3.6 GB
2 GB SDRAM
|Latency||10 Gbps Latency: < 1.7 µs|
|Throughput||up to 367 Mpps|
|Routing/switching capacity||480 Gbps|
IMC - Intelligent Management Center
100 - 240 VAC, rated
-40 to -60 VDC, rated (depending on power supply chosen)
|Operating temperature range||0 to 45°C|
|Operating humidity range||10 to 90% (noncondensing)|
|Power consumption||366 W (maximum)|
|Heat dissipation||1249 BTU/hr (1317.7 kJ/hr)|
|Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)||17.32 x 25.98 x 1.72 in|
- (1) HPE 5920AF-24XG Switch