This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
- Home /
- Product Details
- Built-in wireless (802.11b/g/n) connection offers cable-free convenience from the this HP LaserJet all-in-one printer.
- The HP M476NW printer features an Ethernet port for direct connection to your office network.
- Prints up to 21 ppm in both black and color.
- Up to 600 x 600 optimized dpi resolution for crisp images.
- Mobile device access allows for quick wireless printing at work, home or on the go.
- USB port lets you print directly from your USB flash drive.
- HP ImageREt 3600 technology provides vibrant color images.
- 50-page automatic document feeder (ADF) for hands-free copying and scanning.
- Single-pass, dual-head scanning sends documents directly to their next destination. Quickly place documents in email, network folders or the cloud.
- 40,000 sheet monthly volume.
- Built-in 3.5" color touch-screen control panel with HP Business Apps allows you to program your printer more efficiently.
- 256MB of built-in memory for improved print, scan and copy speeds.
- USB-compatible with PCs and Macs.
|Ethernet Technology||Fast Ethernet|
|Maximum Print Size||Legal - 8.50" x 14"|
|Sleep-Mode Power Consumption||1.50 W|
|maximum color copy speed||21 cpm|
|processor speed||800 MHz|
|Off-Mode Power Consumption||200 mW|
|maximum black and white print speed||21 ppm|
|System Requirements||PC: Windows 8; Windows Vista; Windows 7 (SP1+); Windows Server 2003 (SP1+); Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit); Windows Server 2012 (64-bit); Windows XP (SP2+); CD-ROM or DVD drive, or Internet connection; dedicated universal serial bus (USB 1.1 or 2.0 or 3.0) or network connection or Wireless connection; 200 MB available hard disk space; Mac: OS X 10.6 Leopard, OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion; OS X 10.9 Mavericks Internet connection; 1 GB of available hard-disk space|
|maximum fax resolution||300 x 300 dpi|
|Printing Technology||Laser - color|
|USB Standard||USB 2.0|
|Product Line||LaserJet Pro|
|Media Size||Letter - 8.50" x 11"; A4 - 8.30" x 11.70"; Legal - 8.50" x 14"; Custom Size; 2.99" x 5"; 3.94" x 5.83"; A5 - 5.80" x 8.30"; A6 - 4.10" x 5.80"; Japanese Postcard Double; Postcard - 5.82" x 3.92"; DL Envelope - 4.30" x 8.60"; ISO-C5 Envelope; B5 (ISO) Envelope; B5 (JIS) - 7.17" x 10.12"; 16K - 3.94" x 5.91"; B5 - 6.90" x 9.80"|
|maximum copy enlargement||400%|
|maximum copy reduction||25%|
|printing application||Plain Paper Print|
|screen size||3.5 in.|
|Fax Memory Capacity||250 pages|
|media type||Plain Paper; Bond Paper; Brochure Paper; Color Paper; Glossy Paper; Letterhead; Photo Paper; Preprinted Paper; Pre-punched Paper; Recycled Paper; Rough Paper; Postcard; Transparency; Label; Envelope; Glossy Photo Paper|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11b/g/n|
|compatible toner/ink||HP LaserJet 312A Black Toner Cartridge (CF380A); HP LaserJet 312X Black Toner Cartridge (CF380X); HP LaserJet 312A Cyan Toner Cartridge (CF381A); HP LaserJet 312A Yellow Toner Cartridge (CF382A); HP LaserJet 312A Magenta Toner Cartridge (CF383A)|
|Hardware Resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|number of paper trays||2|
|dimensions||16.5"H x 18.4"W x 19.7"D|
|Media Handling||1 x Input Tray 250 Sheet; 1 x Multipurpose Tray 50 Sheet; 1 x Automatic Document Feeder 50 Sheet; 1 x Output Bin 150 Sheet|
|First Print Speed||16.5 Second Monochrome Ready; 16.5 Second Color Ready|
|USB Direct Printing||Yes|
|Number of Input/Multipurpose Trays Installed||2|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 2000; Windows 2003 Service Pack 2+ (64-bit); Windows Terminal Services; Windows XP Service Pack 3+ (64-bit); Windows XP Home Service Pack 3+; Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3+; Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit); Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (32-bit/64-bit); Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit); Windows Server 2008 (32-bit/64-bit); Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit); Windows Server 2012 (64-bit); Mac OS X 10.7+; MPE-iX; Citrix MetaFrame Server; Novell 5.1+; Red Hat Linux 7.x+; SuSe Linux 8.x+|
|connector type||USB 2.0; Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n); Ethernet|
|Platform Supported||Mac; PC|
|Number of Input Trays Supported||2|
|maximum optimized color print resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|Interpolated Resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|maximum monthly volume||2,500 sheets|
|Image Sensor Type||CIS|
|maximum sheet size||legal (8 1/2" x 14")|
|Wireless Print Technology||HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint|
|power source||AC Supply|
|printer series||LaserJet Pro|
|mobile printing||app based and email|
|Color Cartridge Type||Individual Color Cartridge|
|ink/toner cartridge(s) included||starter-capacity cartridge(s)|
|maximum color print speed||21 ppm|
|color print speed range||21 - 30 ppm|
|auto double-sided printing||no|
|Maximum Copy Resolution||300 x 420 dpi|
|Product Name||Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476NW (CF385A)|
|Language Emulation||PCL 6; PCL 5c; PostScript 3; PCLm; Direct PDF; URF|
|Transmission Speed||3 sec/page|
|Number of Copies||99|
|total paper tray capacity||300 sheets|
|maximum true color print resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|maximum black and white copy speed||21 cpm|
|automatic document feeder capacity||300 sheets|
|Mobile Device Printing||Yes|
|number of colors||4|
|functionality||copy; fax; print; scan|
|black print speed range||21 - 30 ppm|
|Operating Power Consumption||397 W|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
This HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP connects the whole office to vibrant color printing, even on the goh1 h3 h4 —and improves productivity with fast, versatile scanning that can send documents directly to email, network folders, and the cloud.
Easily print how you want, where you want. Across the office or on the go, printing to this MFP is simple and direct—even without a network—using Ethernet, wireless options, or touch-to-print technology.[1, 2, 3]
Capture scans in a single pass and send them quickly to their next destination—email, network folders, or the cloud.h7 Help boost productivity with fast, secure sign-on and advanced processing, routing, and retrieval tools.
Make copying and scanning more hands free, with a 50-page automatic document feeder. Let your fingers fly through tasks at the touchscreen. The easy-access USB makes it simple to walk up and print.
Help save energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.
Print photos, documents, and more when you're on the go, using HP ePrint.
Print wirelessly from your mobile device without a Wi-Fi code or password.
Allows multiple pages to be copied or scanned at one time
Save time by sending scanned documents or photos directly from your printer to email recipients.
Have an instant digital copy of anything you scan stored on your network server.
Add this device to your office Ethernet network to share with your workgroup.
Manage jobs directly at the MFP, using the HP color touchscreen.
The easiest way to print from your smartphone or tablet.st1
- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M476
- Preinstalled introductory HP LaserJet Black, Cyan, Yellow, Magenta print cartridges (~1200 pages)
- Hardware Installation guide
- Printer documentation and software on CD-ROM
- Software drivers and documentation on CD-ROMs
- CDs containing software and electronic documentation
- Power cord
- USB cable (Wireless Units only)
- Telecom cable
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- Print speed black (normal, letter)
- Up to 21 ppm
- Print speed color (normal, letter)
- Up to 21 ppm
- First page out black (letter, ready)
- As fast as 16.5 sec
- First page out color (letter, ready)
- As fast as 16.5 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, letter)
- Up to 40,000 pages
- Recommended monthly page volume
- 1000 to 2500
- Print technology
- Print quality black (best)
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Print quality color (best)
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- 3.5" (8.89 cm) intuitive touchscreen Color Graphic Display (CGD)
- HP ePrint capability
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, Wireless direct printing, Mopria-certified, Mobile Apps
- Wireless capability
- Yes, 802.11 b/g/n; authentication via WEP, WPA, or 802.11x; encryption via AES or TKIP
- Connectivity, standard
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0; Fast Ethernet 10/100Base-TX; Wireless 802.11b/g/n; Host USB
- Network ready
- Standard (built-in Fast Ethernet, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n)
- Compatible operating systems
- Windows full software installs supported on: Windows 10 (32 & 64-bit), Windows 8 & 8.1 (32 & 64-bit), Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows Vista (32 & 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher); Mac full software installs: Mac OS X v10.6 Leopard, v10.7 Lion, v10.8 Mountain Lion, v10.9 Mavericks; Mobile OS native print support: iOS, Android, Windows 8 RT. Other OSs driver support: Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (supported with a pre-built package); SUSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1, 11.2), Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0, 11.0, 11, 12, 12.0), Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04), Debian (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3) (supported by the automatic installer); HPUX 11 and Solaris 8/9
- Memory, standard
- 256 MB
- Memory, maximum
- 256 MB
- Paper handling input, standard
- 50-sheet multipurpose tray, 250-sheet input tray, 50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
- Paper handling input, optional
- Optional 250-sheet tray
- Paper handling output, standard
- 150-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing
- Manual (driver support provided)
- Finished output handling
- Media sizes supported
- Tray 1: Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 8 in, envelopes (No 10, Monarch); Tray 2, optional Tray 3: Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 8 in, envelopes (No 10, Monarch); Automatic duplexer: Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in
- Media sizes, custom
- Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 3.94 x 5.83 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media types
- Paper (bond, brochure, colored, glossy, letterhead, photo, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough), postcards, transparencies, labels, envelopes
- Scanner type
- Flatbed; ADF
- Scan resolution, optical
- Up to 300 x 300 dpi (color and mono ADF); up to 300 x 300 dpi, 600 x 600 dpi, 1200 x 1200 dpi (Flatbed)
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum
- 8.5 x 11.7 in
- Scan size (ADF), maximum
- 8.5 x 14 in
- Duplex ADF scanning
- Yes, single-pass duplexing ADF
- Automatic document feeder capacity
- Standard, 50 sheets
- Digital sending standard features
- Scan to email; Scan to folder; LDAP authentication
- Copy speed black (normal, letter)
- Up to 21 cpm
- Copy speed color (normal, letter)
- Up to 21 cpm
- Copy resolution (color text and graphics)
- 300 x 420 dpi (Flatbed); 300 x 360 dpi (ADF)
- Copy resolution (black text)
- Up to 300 x 420 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings
- 25 to 400%
- Fax transmission speed
- 33.6 kbps
- Fax memory
- Up to 250 pages
- Operating temperature range
- 15 to 30ºC
- Operating humidity range
- 20 to 70% RH (non-condensing)
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 16.5 x 18.4 x 19.7 in
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 16.5 x 26.7 x 19.7 in
- 61.2 lb
- One-year unit exchange warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements. Go to http://www.hp.com/support to learn about HP award winning service and support options in your region.
DisclaimersProduct image may differ from actual product h7 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. App availability varies by country, language, and agreements. For details, see http://www.hpconnected.com h1 Mobile device needs to be connected directly to the WiFi network of a wireless direct-capable printer prior to printing. Depending on mobile device, an app or driver may also be required. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from the access point in the printer. h3 Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same wireless network or have a direct wireless connection. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. See http://www.hp.com/go/businessmobileprinting for more details. Mopria-certified devices adhere to a common standard that enables easy mobile printing with little or no set up. h4 Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections. st1 In comparison to the majority of consumer/home office inkjet all-in-one printers <$399 USD as of Nov 2015 based on market share as reported by IDC. App download required for printer setup; HP ePrint account registration may be required. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. See hp.com/go/mobileprinting for more details.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability