Linksys® WRT1200AC Wireless-AC Router Item # 633866
Supply your household with a high-performance internet connection and fast downloads, so every member of your family can access the Web simultaneously without experiencing frustrating lags and delays with this Wireless-AC router. Multiple users can watch videos, stream music and access online content for schoolwork.
- Features Wireless-AC technology for an ultra-fast network. Backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports let you connect wired-network PCs and devices at ultra-fast speeds.
- USB 3.0 port and combination USB 2.0/eSATA port let you attach external storage devices to share content. USB 3.0 offers data rates up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
- Features beamforming technology for a stronger wireless signal. Achieves faster network speeds, improved range and reduced interference.
- Monitor and control your network using the SMART WiFi with Network Map. Set parental controls, create Wi-Fi passwords for guests, add and prioritize network devices and more.
- Dual wireless bands (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz) deliver transfer speeds of up to 867Mbps Wireless-AC and 400Mbps Wireless-N. Supports high-bandwidth applications, including video streaming and file sharing.
- 2 external high-performance antennas help ensure optimal coverage and maximum signal strength. Helps eliminate dead zones and spotty coverage in the far corners of your home or office.
- 1.3GHz dual-core processor handles large amounts of data to support multiple online users and digital devices at the same time.
- WEP, WPA and WPA2 encryption helps keep your network safe.
- Supports the Wi-Fi Protected Setup push button for simple wireless security setup.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|Broadband Transmission Technology||Ethernet|
|dimensions||2"H x 7.7"W x 9.8"D|
|ISM Maximum Frequency||2.40 GHz|
|maximum data transfer rate||867Mbps (Wireless-AC); 400Mbps (Wireless-N)|
|Number of External Antennas||2|
|number of users per network||4|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP Service Pack 3; Windows Vista Service Pack 1 32-/64-bit; Windows 7 32-/64-bit; Windows 8 32-/64-bit; Windows 8.1 32-/64-bit; Mac OS X 10.5.8+|
|package contents||WRT1200AC AC1200 Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Wireless Router; Quick Start Guide; CD-Rom with Documentation; 2 x Antennas; Ethernet Cable; Power adapter|
|plug and play||yes|
|ports||USB 3.0; USB 2.0/eSATA; Ethernet|
|security/encryption||WEP; WPA; WPA2|
|UNII Maximum Frequency||5 GHz|
|virtual private network (VPN) support||yes|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11ac|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||1200 Mbit/s|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
Linksys WRT1200AC Wireless AC RouterDelivering advanced network performance, the Linksys WRT1200AC Wireless AC Router provides secure, high-speed Wi-Fi connections with stability and extensive range. Thanks to Wireless-AC technology, the WRT1200AC provides N400 + AC867 Mbps throughput. Adjustable, high-gain antennas provide a strong and reliable signal, while beamforming technology directs the signal where it's needed. The dual-core 1.3GHz CPU supports simultaneous high-bandwidth connections, and Gigabit Ethernet connections allow for fast wired access for up to four devices.
At a Glance:
- Dual-band, wireless speeds up to N400 + AC867 Mbps
- 1.3Ghz dual-core ARM processor
- USB 3.0 and eSATA/USB 2.0 ports for network sharing
- Adjustable, high-gain antennas provide a strong, reliable signal
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi with Network Map enabled
- WPA2 encryption, SPI firewall, and guest security features
About Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
Customize and Manage Your Home Wi-Fi Anytime, AnywhereWith the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi App, you can closely monitor and manage your home Wi-Fi remotely using a smartphone or tablet.
- Guest Access: Create a separate, password-protected Wi-Fi network for up to 50 guests and easily share the password.
- Parental Controls: Ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids -- even when you're away from home. Restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
- Device Prioritization: You can prioritize devices that need the most speed.
How to Set Up Smart Wi-Fi
Set up your home Wi-Fi using a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router.
Download the free Linksys Smart Wi-Fi App.
Use Your Mobile Device to Manage Your Home Wi-Fi.
Dual-Band Antennas for Coverage and ReliabilityTo provide fast, reliable Wi-Fi coverage throughout the home, the Linksys WRT1200AC Wireless-AC Router features two high-performance antennas engineered to enhance 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual-band wireless connections. With adjustable antennas and beamforming technology delivering a focused signal to individual devices, you'll experience fast network speeds, improved range, and reduced interference from other devices for strong, stable Wi-Fi connections.
Improved Performance with Dual-Core ARM ProcessorWith a 1.3GHz dual-core ARM CPU, the WRT1200AC can handle the demands of high-bandwidth home networks. Capable of supporting multiple concurrent connections, whether you're streaming HD video or playing online games, this wireless router maintains consistent wired and wireless signals.
Advanced Wired Connections for NetworkingThe WRT1200AC is equipped with four Gigabit Ethernet ports featuring speeds up to 10 times faster than Fast Ethernet. A USB 3.0 port allows you to add external storage devices to share content across your network, or a printer for the office. The WRT1200AC also features an eSATA port to support external SATA storage devices. For convenience, the eSATA port can serve as a USB 2.0 port.
Advanced Security to Stay Safely ConnectedTo keep unauthorized users from accessing your data, the WRT1200AC offers Wi-Fi Protected Setup along with WPA2 encryption and an SPI firewall for maximum network security. Parental controls enable you to restrict Internet access for children, while guest network features allow you to create separate, restricted network access for guests, keeping your files and devices safe.
Open Source ReadyAdvanced users can further modify the Linksys WRT1200AC with open source firmware. Developed for use with OpenWRT, an open source, Linux-based operating system, the router offers an additional layer of customization to suit your needs.
Package ContentsLinksys WRT1200AC Wireless AC Router, quick start guide, CD-ROM with documentation, two antennas, Ethernet cable, and power adapter.