Linksys® AC1200 Amplify Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender, RE6700 Item # 633881
Minimize wireless dead spots in your home or business
- Ultra-fast transfer speeds of up to 866Mbps Wireless-AC and 300Mbps Wireless-N let multiple devices stream audio and video without slowing down.
- Dual wireless bands (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz) help ensure blazing-fast Wi-Fi connections.
- 2 antennas help provide a stronger signal to reduce dead spots. Increases your Wi-Fi range by up to 10,000 sq ft to help ensure optimal coverage for your home or business.
- Plugs into most standard wall outlets for simple operation.
- 3.5 mm audio jack lets you connect speakers or a stereo system so you can stream music wirelessly from your MP3 player or other compatible device (not included).
- Ethernet port allows wired connectivity.
- Automatic speed sensing detects and configures the best Internet connection.
- Built-in LEDs let you see power, WPS and Ethernet status at a glance.
- 128-bit WEP, WPA and WPA2 security features help ensure your information stays secure.
- Built-in firewall helps control information received and retrieved by your computer.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|dimensions||4.77"H x 3.43"W x 2.48"D|
|form factor||Wall Mountable|
|Frequency Band||2.40 GHz; 5 GHz|
|maximum data transfer rate||866Mbps (Wireless-AC); 300Mbps (Wireless-N)|
|Number of External Antennas||2|
|number of users per network||10|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP Service Pack 3; Windows Vista Service Pack 1; Windows 7; Windows 8; Mac OS X 10.5.8+|
|package contents||RE6700 AC1200 Amplify Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender; Quick Installation Guide; Regulatory Information Booklet|
|plug and play||yes|
|security/encryption||128-bit WEP; WPA; WPA2|
|Total Number of Antennas||2|
|virtual private network (VPN) support||yes|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11ac|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||1.17 Gbit/s|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
Linksys AC1200 AMPLIFY Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender
- Increases Wi-Fi range up to 10,000 square feet1
- Spot Finder Technology helps determine optimal placement
- Crossband and beamforming for enhanced speed and stability
- Wirelessly stream music to connected speakers
- Convenient integrated power outlet keeps your wall plug available
Easy Setup and Optimal Placement with Spot Finder Technology
Compatible with your smartphone, laptop, or tablet, Linksys Spot Finder Technology provides a unique visual representation of the distance between your AC1200 AMPLIFY and your router. The three-step setup ensures that you position the extender in an optimum location so you can enjoy the maximum Wi-Fi signal--even in the far reaches of your home and outdoors.
Integrated Power Outlet
Thanks to the integrated power outlet, you can maintain use of the power outlet even when the AC1200 AMPLIFY is plugged in. The integrated power outlet function on your range extender works exactly like a normal electrical outlet, and is not controlled in any way by the range extender.
Stream Audio Wirelessly Throughout Your Home
The AC1200 AMPLIFY extender's 3.5mm audio jack allows you to connect a stereo system or speaker directly to the range extender to stream music wirelessly from your iOS or Android smartphone, tablet, or laptop. With no additional setup needed to connect your wireless device, you can start streaming the moment the AC1200 AMPLIFY is connected to your network. Android users can also stream music with apps that support DLNA digital media sharing.
Crossband Technology for a Seamless Connection
Innovative Crossband technology allows for the simultaneous use of both bands, rather than relying on one radio band to do all the work. This allows information to be obtained on one band and transmitted on the other, resulting in reduced dropped data packets, faster media transfer speeds, and a stronger, more consistent signal throughout your home.
Beamforming Provides Top Speeds
Featuring dual wireless bands of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, the AC1200 AMPLIFY can deliver data transfer speeds of up to N300 + AC867 Mbps2 for uninterrupted streaming. Beamforming ensures optimal network performance, directing signals to your device to eliminate interruptions.
Universally Compatible with Routers
The AC1200 AMPLIFY is compatible with virtually any Wi-Fi router or gateway, with no need to adjust your router's settings when installing the extender. Simply connect the AC1200 AMPLIFY to your current wireless network to enjoy Internet access on all your devices, from anywhere in your home.
Gigabit Ethernet Wired ConnectionIn addition to wireless connectivity, the RE6700 features a Gigabit Ethernet port, which allows you to establish a secure wired connection with speeds up to 1,000 Mbps to a desktop, laptop, or any other device featuring an Ethernet port.
- 2.4 and/or 5GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi router or gateway
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, Firefox 20 or Safari 5.1 or Google Chrome 25.0 browsers or higher
Package ContentsLinksys AC1200 AMPLIFY Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE6700) and quick installation guide.
Position Your Extender with SpotFinder Technology
- 1 Range specifications are based on performance test results under normal use case conditions. Actual ranges will increase or decrease depending on wireless obstructions, operating environments, and building material. Wireless coverage claims are used only as reference and are not guaranteed as each wireless network is unique.
- 2 Up to 2.8x faster physical data rate when compared to 802.11n Wi-Fi routers using two antennas to transmit and receive data. Actual speeds will vary depending on a number of factors. In order to achieve the best performance, router must be used with a compatible AC867 wireless device.