This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
- Home /
- Product Details
- Lets you upgrade your existing wireless network. Works as a wireless bridge or access point, providing wireless coverage to your entire home, offering greater range and fewer dead spots. Booster connects to your router via a network cable.
- Wireless-N dual-band technology for enhanced wireless performance. Operates at 2.4GHz and 5GHz, supporting 802.11a/b/g/n connectivity. Switch lets you choose from 3 modes of operation: bridge, 2.4GHz access point or 5GHz access point.
- SmartBeam technology for greater wireless coverage. Seeks out and beams wireless signal directly to your wireless devices — providing a stronger signal. Works in real-time, allowing you to move around your home with your wireless devices.
- 4 high-speed ports let you connect your wired devices. The Gigabit Ethernet ports support speeds up to 1000Mbps.
- Wireless encryption support for greater security. Supports WPA and WPA2 encryption. Also features WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), providing easy-to-use push-button wireless network configuration.
- USB 2.0 port lets you connect USB devices.
- D-Link Green™ technology for reduced energy consumption.
- Compatible with Windows PCs and Macs. (Note: included software is for Windows only.)
- Greener choice — uses an Energy Star® qualified AC adapter.
|antenna type||SmartBeam Antenna|
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|Certifications & Standards||IEEE 802.11a; IEEE 802.11b; IEEE 802.11g; IEEE 802.11n; IEEE 802.3; IEEE 802.3u; IEEE 802.3ab; FCC; IC; CE; C-Tick|
|dimensions||7.8" x 3.8" x 4.6"|
|ISM Maximum Frequency||2.40 GHz|
|Management||Web Based Management; DHCP|
|manufacturer||D-Link Systems, Inc.|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 2000; Windows XP SP2; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Mac OS X 10.4+|
|package contents||DAP-1525 Wi-Fi Booster; Ethernet Cable; CD-ROM; Power Adapter; Quick Install Guide|
|plug and play||yes|
|ports||4 Ethernet 10/100/1000|
|System Requirements||Operating Systems:Windows 7; Windows Vista; Windows XP SP2; Windows 2000; Mac OS X (v10.4); Web Browsers:Internet Explorer v6.0 or higher; Mozilla Firefox v3.0 or higher; Chrome v2.0 or higher; Safari 3.0 or higher|
|UNII Maximum Frequency||5 GHz|
|virtual private network (VPN) support||no|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11n|
|Wireless Security||WPA; WPA2; WPS; WEP|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||300 Mbit/s|
From the Manufacturer|
Replace and upgrade your existing router’s wireless signal with SmartBeam technology to deliver lightning-fast, uninterrupted coverage to any wireless device, anywhere in your home or small office.
OverviewThe Amplifi Access Point/MediaBridge uses SmartBeam technology to replace and upgrade your existing 802.11g or Draft N router’s wireless signal. SmartBeam works by finding and tracking your wireless devices, then focuses beams of bandwidth to those devices, ensuring a seamless connection anywhere in the home. It has the capacity to deliver HD video streams and online gaming applications to ALL your connected devices, all at once, without annoying glitches or lags. Just plug the Access Point/MediaBridge into your router and SmartBeam will take care of the rest.
Give Your Wireless Devices The Bandwidth They Crave. Give Them SmartBeam.Upgrade your existing 802.11g or Draft N router’s wireless signal with SmartBeam technology to deliver lightning-fast, uninterrupted Wireless N300 coverage to any wireless device, anywhere in your home or small office. D-Link’s SmartBeam technology uses 6 multi-directional antennas to find and track individual devices, then focuses beams of wireless bandwidth to those devices, ensuring a seamless connection anywhere in the home. The Access Point/MediaBridge with SmartBeam is ideal for large homes or small offices where concrete walls, successive floors in multi-storied buildings, or other architectural impediments can weaken a wireless signal. What’s more, SmartBeam works in real time so it can keep a strong connection with mobile devices, such as iPads and Smartphones, as they move around the home. Eliminate wireless dead spots and unleash comprehensive whole-home coverage on all your devices, all at once – the Access Point/MediaBridge replaces and upgrades your existing wireless network to provide uninterrupted connectivity to any device, anywhere in your home or small office.
Now Playing: Everything.The Access Point/MediaBridge has not only been engineered to deliver seamless connectivity to your favorite wireless devices, but comes equipped with 4 high-performance Gigabit Ethernet ports to power your digital entertainment system as well. HDTVs, the Boxee Box by D-Link, Blu-Ray Players, xBox 360®, Playstation 3 –Connect your favorite performance devices and give them up to 300 Mbps speed and advanced QoS bandwidth prioritization they need for seamless iPad®, HD video streams, high-performance gaming, and VOIP calls without annoying glitches or lags. Connect printers, NAS servers - even security cameras - with the Access Point/MediaBridge, you can even connect up to 4 additional Ethernet devices with no additional configuration - just plug and play.
Advanced Home Networking. Simple SetupHigh-performance entertainment devices. Wireless signals anywhere in your home. Multiple laptops. Network storage systems. iPads, iPhones – It used to be that designing a home network capable of handling so many devices required some serious hardware and some seriously messy installation. Not with Amplifi™- the Access Point/MediaBridge has not only been engineered with the power to handle all of your digital demands, but with the smarts to put it at the tip of your fingers. Whole Home Routers offer Wireless G backwards compatibility and IPv6 allows for intelligent self-detect and router setup and with push-button connectivity and 128-bit security encryption standard.
128-bit Security EncryptionThe Access Point/MediaBridge protects your network with 128-bit AES data security encryption – the same technology used in E-commerce or online banking. Create your own network name and password or put it at the tip of your fingers with ‘Push Button Security’ standard on every Amplifi device. With hassle-free plug and play installation, and advanced Wi-Fi protected setup, the Access Point/MediaBridge is not only one of the fastest access points available, it’s also one of the safest.
Get Ready for the Future - IPv6 EquippedWith the growing number of Internet-enabled applications requiring IP addresses, the supply of IP addresses under the current Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) system has already been exhausted. The IPv6 protocol solves this network addressing exhaustion by creating more IP addresses, but migration from IPv4 to IPv6 is not necessarily automatic. No worries - This D-Link product is IPv6 Certified and ready for the future.
- Power saving by link status
- Power saving by cable length
- Power saving by wireless LAN scheduling
- Complies with the EU RoHS directive that restricts the use of certain hazardous materials
- Uses soy ink and recyclable packaging to reduce harmful environmental waste
- Replace and upgrade an existing wireless 802.11g or Draft N network
- 6 element beam-forming antenna
- Selectable 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band
- 4 high-performance Gigabit Ethernet ports
- SharePort™ Plus Technology for sharing USB 2.0 devices
- 1 The software included with this product is not Mac-compatible
- 2 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the USA and Canada
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability