Scholastic Navigating Nonfiction, Teacher Edition — Grade 4 Item # 640510
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
As students progress through the grades, more and more of their reading is done in nonfiction, or expository materials
- They use content area textbooks, reference books, periodicals and informative articles on the Internet, for example.
- The main purpose for reading these texts is to acquire information so teaching our students efficient and effective strategies for tackling this type of text are compelling.
- Students need explicit instruction in identifying and best utilizing the text features and text structures they encounter. If students learn to read the signposts that are guides to the organization of a particular piece of nonfiction, they will be better equipped to navigate their way through and comprehend the material.
- As a complete nonfiction reading worktext program, Navigating Nonfiction will help students get the most out of this genre.
- At each grade level, you will find a 2-color, spiral-bound teacher's guide, multiple copies of the 4-color student worktext and a 4-color poster.
|educational content||language; planning; reading|
|grade||4th grade; 5th grade; 6th grade|
|subject||reading & writing|