BUFFALO TeraStation 5400 Enterprise 4-Drive 12 TB Rackmount NAS for Business (TS5400RH1204) Item # 642249
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Buffalo's TeraStation 5400r, member of the TeraStation 5000 family, is a top-of-class performer equipped with the powerful Intel Atom Dual-Core processor D2550 for faster file access and transfer of large files from multiple computers.TeraStation 5400r also provides support for various business functions including IP camera recording, iSCSI target, 2 GB of fast DDR3 memory, four USB ports (2 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0), and data protection with RAID 5 and hot swap functionality.
|Additional Information||Operating System Supported:Microsoft Windows 8.1; Mac OS® X 10.5 - 10.9|
|controller type||Serial ATA/300|
|Hard Drive Configuration||4 x 3 TB|
|Hard Drive Interface||Serial ATA/300|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Management||NovaBACKUP Business Essentials v14 (10 licenses)|
|manufacturer||Buffalo Americas, Inc.|
|Maximum Memory||2 GB|
|Memory Technology||DDR3 SDRAM|
|Number of 3.5" Bays||4|
|Number of Hard Drives Installed||4|
|Number of Hard Drives Supported||4|
|Number of Solid State Drives||0|
|Number of Total Expansion Bays||4|
|operating system||TeraStation NAS System|
|ports||1 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45); 2 USB 2.0; 3 USB 3.0|
|Processor Core||Dual-core (2 Core)|
|processor speed||2.13 GHz|
|Protocols||TCP/IP; CIFS/SMB; AFP; HTTP; HTTPS; FTP; FTPS; SFTP; NFS; LDAP; RDP; NTP; iSCSI|
|RAID Levels||0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD|
|RAID Levels (SDE)||0; 1; 5; 6; 10; JBOD|
|Standard Memory||2 GB|
|Total Hard Drive Capacity||12 TB|
|Total Number of USB Ports||5|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
TeraStation™ 5000N Series
|TeraStation 5000N Series is a high performance network storage solution ideal for businesses and demanding users requiring a reliable RAID based NAS solution for larger networks and business critical applications.Increased reliability is achieved with the TeraStation 5000N being populated with hard drives built specifically for NAS devices. NAS drives also run cooler, reducing power consumption and result in lower operating costs and longer average lifetime.|
Overview:With the powerful Intel® Atom™ dual core processor, TeraStation 5000N Series provides exceptional performance during file transfers and everyday NAS functions. TeraStation 5000N runs many services simultaneously and the dynamic combination of the dual core processor and 2 GB DDR3 RAM enables the acute ability to focus on concurrent tasks with minimal performance degradation. TeraStation 5000N is packed with business class features such as Active Directory support, disk quota support, share level replication, fail-over support, dual gigabit Ethernet ports, hot-swap hard drives, iSCSI targeting and USB 3.0 accessory support.
DATA PROTECTION AND BACKUPTeraStation 5000N is bundled with eleven licenses of NovaBACKUP Buffalo Edition (one server and ten workstations), providing a complete, all-in-one data protection solution for PCs and Windows® servers.
RELIABLE AND SECURE NETWORK STORAGETeraStation 5000N offers high capacity, highly available storage accessible among multiple platforms for seamless centralized storage and backup. Create user and group profiles and control folder and file access to protect business critical content and privacy.
- RAID 1 mirrors two arrays, creating an exact copy of data for fault tolerance
- RAID 5 stripes the data across all four drives, interspersing parity data to provide an efficient blend of fault tolerance and storage capacity
- RAID 6 stripes the data across all four drives but with double distributed parity, allowing up to two drives to fail without suffering data loss
- RAID 10 mirrors two sets of hard drives and combines them into a single array, striping data across all mirrored sets for fault tolerance and increased performance
- RAID 50 is a hybrid RAID that combines the block level striping of RAID 0 with the distributed parity of RAID 5, while providing faster write speeds than RAID 5 and better fault tolerance than a single RAID level
- RAID 51 is a hybrid RAID that combines the mirroring capability of RAID 1 within each RAID 5 array, designed for high fault tolerance
- RAID 60 is a hybrid RAID that combines the block level striping of RAID 0 with the distributed double parity of RAID 6
- RAID 61 is a hybrid RAID that combines the mirroring capability of RAID 1 with the distributed double parity of RAID 6
PORT TRUNKINGTeraStation 5000N allows for the trunking of two Ethernet ports, providing both higher performance by utilizing the bandwidth of both ports simultaneously as well as fault tolerance in the event of a port failure.