Plugable IEEE 802.11n - Wi-Fi Adapter for Notebook Item # 643922
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
- WiFi IEEE802.11n 2.4Ghz band.
- 64/128 bit WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS requires software activation, no hardware WPS button on device)
- Backward compatible with 802.11g/b and USB 1.1
- Data transfer rates of up to 150Mbps theoretical- 24Mbps realistic in field testing.
- Supports Ad-hoc and Infrastructure modes
Supported Operating Systems
Windows XP, Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 7, 8, & 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Linux (driver included with kernel versions 2.6.38, 3.0.8 and later, compile required for 2.6.18-2.6.37)
Raspberry Pi running Raspbian
The small size of this adapter makes it extremely portable and keeps it nicely flush with the USB port. However, the small antenna has trade-offs in terms of range and performance.
We recommend using with an access point or peer wifi adapter that is in the same room or nearby. The adapter works best with line of sight to the access point.
A laptop with built-in Wi-Fi antennas can cause interference and connection problems. We recommend to disable the internal Wi-Fi or to use a powered USB hub or cable to help get the nano adapter out of range of other signals.
Peer-to-Peer (Ad-Hoc) connections
Because of its small size, the adapter is especially useful for setting up a separate, peer-to-peer (ad hoc) connection between two wifi adapters. Search "ad hoc wifi setup" for details.
|Host Interface||USB 2.0|
|ISM Maximum Frequency||2.40 GHz|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11n|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||150 Mbit/s|