This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
StarTech FTDI USB To Serial Adapter Cable, 2-Port, 6', Black Item # 644659
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Helps increase the versatility of your computer
- Turns an available USB port into an RS232 serial DB9 port to connect, monitor and control a serial device.
- The COM retention feature allows the same COM port values to be re-assigned to the port automatically in the case of a cable disconnection or system reboot.
- Utilizes a FTDI chipset to allow greater customization and other features.
|Additional Information||OS Compatibility:Windows® 10 (32/64), 8 / 8.1 (32/64), 7 (32/64), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64), 2000, CE(4.2+); Windows Server® 2012, 2008 R2, 2003; Mac OS® 10.x (tested up to 10.10), 9.x; Linux|
|cable connector type||USB-A to DB9M|
|Certifications & Standards||FCC; CE|
|Connector on First End||1 x 4-pin Type A Male USB 2.0 USB|
|Connector on Second End||2 x 9-pin DB-9 Male RS-232 Serial|
|Device Supported||Modem; Scanner; Printer; POS Device; Monitor|
|material||Plastic - Housing|
|Number of Ways||2-way|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
Add two RS232 serial ports with COM retention to your laptop or desktop computer through USB
COM Port assignments maintained across rebootThis compact adapter features COM retention, allowing the same COM port values to automatically be re-assigned to the port if the cable is disconnected and re-connected to the host computer, or if the system is rebooted. Unlike most USB-serial adapters, this one uses the FTDI chipset, which supports additional customization, advanced features, and compatibility not necessarily offered by other solutions.
- Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer laptops, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port
- Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment
- Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices
- Connect a satellite receiver, RS232 serial modem, or PDU
- Connect and program LED and Digital signage boards with serial communication ports