Linksys® CM3008 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Item # 648869
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Maximize Internet speeds to your Wi-Fi router with the Linksys CM3008 Cable Modem. It delivers stable high-speed connectivity for existing Internet service plans up to 100 Mbps. Your household will enjoy awesome Wi-Fi in no time with its easy setup.
- Connects to the cable provider's network (service required; check for availability). Supports DOCSIS 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1 services.
- Maximum download speed up to 343 Mbps and upload speed up to 120 Mbps.
- 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels deliver efficient and reliable Internet access.
- Helps eliminate modem rental charges.
- Set up is fast and easy. Includes power adapter, phone cords, Ethernet cable, CD-ROM and quick-start guide.
|Additional Information||LEDs: Power, DS (Downstream), US (Upstream), Status, Link; Buttons: Reset; Interfaces: Cable: F-type female 75 ohm; Cable (DOCSIS) Standards: DOCSIS 1.1 Certified; DOCSIS 2.0 Certified; DOCSIS 3.0 Certified; Network Standards: IEEE 802.3; IEEE 802.3u; IEEE 802.3ab; IPv6 support (Internet Protocol Version 6)|
|Input Voltage||12 V DC|
|maximum download speed||343 Mbps|
|maximum upload speed||120 Mbps|
|modem on-hold feature||no|
|modem standard||DOCSIS 1.1; DOCSIS 2.0; DOCSIS 3.0|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7 Windows 8; Windows 8.1; Windows 10; Mac OS X|
|package contents||CM3008 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (8x4 Bonded Channels); Quick Start Guide; CD-ROM with Documentation; Ethernet cable; Phone Cables; Power Adapter|
|ports||1 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45)|
|quick connect feature||yes|
|telephone cord included||yes|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
Linksys 8x4 Cable Modem (CM3008)Delivering high-speed, stable Internet connectivity, Linksys CM3008 Cable Modem is meant for broadband subscription plans of up to 100 Mbps.1 Optimize your Internet service and enjoy strong Wi-Fi to simultaneously stream media, enjoy online games, and browse the web. This modem is compatible with all major cable providers, including Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner, Cox, and Charter, saving you the cost of monthly modem rental fees. Plus, the simple plug-and-play setup makes switching from your old, outdated modem quick and easy.
Get the most out of your existing cable broadband connection with 8 download and 4 upload bonded channels and DOCSIS 3.0 standard certification that ensure high-bandwidth transfer rates over existing cable lines at speeds of up to 343 Mbps.2 The CM3008 is powered by an Intel Puma 5 chipset for high-speed downstream and upstream performance.
What's in the Box:
- Linksys 8x4 Cable Modem (CM3008)
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Adapter
- Quick Start Guide
At a Glance:
- Ideal for Internet service plans of up to 100 Mbps1
- Works with all major cable providers to save monthly fees
- DOCSIS 3.0 support for high-speed transfer rates over existing cable connection
- Easy plug-and-play setup
- Intel Puma 5 chipset for reliably fast performance
- Slim, compact design allows you to place the cable modem with your router, and maintain a clutter-free surface area
High-Speed Connectivity for Existing Internet PlansThe Linksys CM3008 Cable Modem provides stable high-speed Internet access for cable customers with ISP plans offering speeds of up to 100 Mbps.1 This cable modem maximizes Wi-Fi speeds in your home for reliable media streaming, online gaming, and web browsing.
Note: Cable customers with Internet speeds of 250 Mbps or higher should use the Linksys CM3024 Cable Modem. If your Internet service plan is between 100 and 250 Mbps, then the Linksys CM3016 Cable Modem is recommended.
Compatible with All Major Cable ProvidersIf you do not own your own modem, you will have to pay the cable company to rent one of theirs. These fees add up quickly. The Linksys CM3008 Cable Modem is compatible with all major cable providers, including Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner, Cox, and Charter, allowing you to eliminate costly modem rental fees.
Maximize Your Internet ConnectivityThe Linksys CM3008 offers eight download and four upload bonded channels for maximum efficiency while transferring data over your existing cable broadband connection. Certified for DOCSIS 3.0 cable Internet standard, this modem provides download speeds of up to 343 Mbps2 over your existing cable connection. Plus, the Intel Puma 5 chipset ensures high-speed downstream and upstream performance.
Simple Plug-and-Play Setup
Installing your Linksys CM3008 Cable Modem is quick and easy and does not require a CD. Simply plug the modem into a power source.
Then use the coaxial cable to plug the modem into the wall jack.
Then connect an Ethernet cable from the modem to your Wi-Fi router.
- 1 100/250 Mbps represent the advertised throughput you can achieve with the Internet plan provided by your cable service provider. Actual throughput may be lower than 100/250 Mbps, as this throughput is dependent on your contract with your cable service provider.
- 2 343 Mbps based on DOCSIS 3.0 throughput. Maximum speed varies depending on the service provided by the cable operator. IPv6 availability is dependent upon your ISP or service provider providing IPv6 capability. Speed references are provided, marketed, and sold by your broadband service provider and not Linksys. Actual performance, including network speed and data throughput rate, may vary. Performance depends upon many factors, conditions, and variables, including products used, number of users accessing the Internet, type of traffic generated by each user (interactive browsing versus video streaming), interference, and other adverse conditions. Actual data throughput will be lower than that indicated and may depend on the mix of products used and external factors.