APC™ Smart-UPS® SC420 Battery Backup, 620VA/390 Watt Item # 659047
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Smart-UPS are trusted by millions of IT professionals throughout the world to protect equipment and critical data from costly interruptions by supplying reliable, network-grade power reliably and efficiently. Available in a variety of forms factors and classes (entry level, standard and extended run), there is a model for nearly every application and budget. Standard models are the most popular UPS in the world for business servers, storage and network devices and have long been considered the benchmark for reliability and manageability. Entry level Smart-UPS models are an economical choice for small and medium businesses looking to protect small networking devices, point-of-sale (POS) equipment and entry level servers. The extended run models accept external battery packs for long runtime to power critical servers, security and communication systems through outages that could last hours.
- Also protects your connected equipment from lightning and other damaging surges and spikes. PowerChute Business Edition software safely stores data and gracefully shuts down your network operating system before the battery is fully discharged — whether you're there or not.
- Features 4 power outlets.
- LED indicators display status at a glance. Audible alarm lets you know if the unit is on battery power, if the battery is low or of there is an overload condition.
- Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) provides consistent, accurate output voltage.
- Ideal for small-to-medium businesses looking to protect entry-level servers.
|Load Capacity (Watt)||390 W|
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||5.50 Minute|
|coaxial cable line protection||no|
|Status Indicators||LED status display with:On Line; On Battery; Replace Battery; Overload indicators|
|Additional Information||Units per Pallet: 40; Boost and Trim Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR); Adjustable voltage sensitivity; Adjustable voltage transfer points; Automatic Self Test; Cold Start Capable; Serial Connectivity; Safety agency approved|
|Certifications & Standards||CSA; FCC Part 15 Class B; NOM,; UL 1778; Meets UL 1449|
|number of outlets with battery backup||4|
|Output Voltage||120 V AC|
|Battery Management||Intelligent Battery Management|
|battery type||Sealed Lead Acid|
|protection status indication||yes|
|package contents||APC Smart UPS SC 620VA 120V; CD with Software; Smart UPS signalling RS-232 cable; User Manual|
|average charging time||5 hours|
|Thermal Dissipation||70 BTU/h|
|Product Name||Smart-UPS SC 620VA|
|manufacturer||American Power Conversion|
|cord length||6 feet|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|Emergency Power OFF||Optional|
|connected equipment warranty||$150,000|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA 5-15|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC|
|Surge Energy Rating||412 J|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||15.70 Minute|
|dimensions||6.6"H x 4.7"W x 14.5"D|
|Load Capacity (VA)||620 VA|
|joule rating||412 joules|
|fax/phone line protection||yes|
|Alarm||On Battery; Low Battery|
|number of outlets||4|
|Receptacles||4 x NEMA 5-15R|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|mounting hardware included||no|
|Show More ▾|
Product Q & A
From the Manufacturer|
APC Smart-UPS SC620
- Instant backup battery power during an outage
- Four battery and surge protected outlets
- Protects electronic equipment from harmful power conditions
- LED display lets you quickly view UPS and power status
- PowerChute software provides safe shutdown
- Two-year limited warranty
- $150,000 equipment protection policy
Backup Battery Lets You Keep Working through OutagesProtect your point-of-sale, workstation, small switch and networking devices with the APC Smart-UPS SC620. This UPS provides backup battery power in the event of a power outage, monitoring and safeguarding your equipment from harmful power conditions, spikes and surges. With a 390-watt and four battery and surge protected outlets, this Smart-UPS is ideal for home offices or small businesses.
Battery Management Features Ensure Optimal PerformanceA periodic battery self-test ensures you will detect any batteries that need to be replaced in your Smart-UPS ensuring you have optimal runtime.
LED Display and Alarms Keep You Updated on Unit StatusStay up-to-date on the Smart-UPS power status thanks to the LED display and alarm system. Visual indicators on the bright LED display make it easy to quickly understand the unit and power status, and alarms will sound if the unit switches to battery, the battery is low, or if there is an overload condition.
PowerChute Software Provides Safe System ShutdownDesigned for exceptional usability, PowerChute Business Edition software provides safe system shutdown in the event of an extended power outage while preventing potential data corruption. It's fast and easy to install, and you can tailor settings to meet your individual needs.
Warranty and Equipment Protection PolicyThis Smart-UPS is covered by a two-year limited warranty. This product also comes with a lifetime equipment protection policy of up to $150,000. APC will repair or replace office equipment that sustains surge-related damage while properly connected to a registered APC Smart-UPS unit.
Package ContentsAPC Smart-UPS SC620, CD with PowerChute software, Smart-UPS signaling RS-232 cable, and user manual.
- Output Power Capacity: 390 Watts / 620VA
- Max Configurable Power: 390 Watts / 620VA
- Nominal Ouput Voltage: 120V
- Output Voltage Distortion: Less than 5% at full load
- Outpout Frequency (sync to mains): 47 - 53 Hz for 50 Hz nominal, 57 - 63 Hz for 60 Hz nominal
- Topology: Line interactive
- Waveform Type: Stepped approximation to a sine wave
- Output Connections: (4) NEMA 5-15R
- Nominal Input Voltage: 120V
- Input Frequency: 50/60Hz +/- 3Hz (auto sensing)
- Input Connections: NEMA 5-15P
- Cord Length: 1.83 meters
- Input Voltage Range for Main Operations: 82 - 144V
- Input Voltage Adjustable Range for Mains Operation: 75 - 154V
Batteries & Runtime
- Battery Type: Maintenance-free sealed Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte, leakproof
- Typical Recharge Time1 : 5 hour(s)
- RBC Quantity: 1
Communications & Management
- Interface Port(s): DB-9 RS-232
- Control Panel: LED status display with On Line, On Battery, Replace Battery and Overload indicators
- Audible Alarm: Alarm when on battery, distinctive low battery alarm, overload continuous tone alarm
- Emergency Power Off (EPO): Optional
Surge Protection & Filtering
- Surge Energy Rating: 412 Joules
- Filtering: Full time multi-pole noise filtering, 0.3% IEEE surge let-through, zero clamping response time, meets UL 1449
- Maximum Height: 6.60 in
- Maximum Width: 4.70 in
- Maximum Depth: 14.50 in
- Net Weight: 27.00 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 29.00 lbs
- Shipping Height: 12.50 in
- Shipping Width: 10.30 in
- Shipping Depth: 20.00 in
- Color: Black
- Regulatory Approvals: CSA, FCC Part 15 Class A, UL 1778
Sustainable Offer Status
- RoHS: Compliant
- REACH: Contains no SVCHCs
- 1 The time to recharge to 90% of full battery capacity following a discharge to shutdown using a load rated for 1/2 the full load rating of the UPS.