Toshiba Canvio Connect II HDTC810XL3A1 1 TB External Hard Drive Item # 659478
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Access your files anywhere and from any device. The Canvio Connect II is a smart storage solution that fits in the palm of your hand.
|storage capacity||1 TB|
|Features||Password Protection; 256-bit AES Encryption; Automatic Backup|
|hard drive type||hard drive|
|drive connector type||USB 3.0|
|Product Line||Canvio Connect II|
|package contents||Canvio Connect II Portable Hard Drive; Preloaded Software; USB 3.0 Cable (works with USB 2.0); Quick Start Guide|
|Product Name||Canvio Connect II Portable Hard Drive|
|buffer size||8 MB|
|Spindle Speed (rpm)||5400|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
Big capacity in a small package.Toshiba’s Canvio® Connect II takes portable storage to the next level. With remote access, local and cloud backup and the ability to share and stream your content, the Toshiba Canvio® Connect II is your all-in-one portable storage solution.15, 27 With up to three terabytes (3TB)11 of capacity, this amazingly full-featured powerhouse will keep all your digital treasures in one place—so you can upload, download and back up to and from your desktop or laptop, even from your mobile devices.10
Backup made easy.Unlike other solutions, the Canvio® Connect II makes it simple to back up not just files and folders, but your whole system—or customize your backups to your exact needs. Secure your backups with user-defined password protection. Or store on the cloud. Schedule automatic backups to run automatically and the Canvio® Connect II will take care of the rest. Equipped with full-system backup and recovery software, it’s a complete solution right at your fingertips.
Stay connected, anywhere, anytime.With the mobile feature on the Canvio® Connect you can access and share even if you leave it at home.27 As long as it’s hooked up to your computer, you can get to your photos, music, movies and even massive files from any PC, smartphone or tablet over the Internet.27 It also comes with built-in file-and-folder plus full-system backup software,16 which lets you protect your digital treasures by backing up to your Canvio®, the cloud, or both.15 As a bonus, you’ll also get 10GB of cloud storage (free) for storing your most important files.15 Yet, even with everything it does, setting up your Canvio® Connect II is still a snap—and using it is even easier.
Expanded Access, Sharing and MobilityJust plug it in and the Canvio® Connect II turns any PC into a great storage, sharing and backup solution.10 Now, no matter where you are you can upload and download photos, music, movies and even the largest of files from any PC, smartphone or tablet over the Internet.15, 27 Plus, the Canvio® Connect II is compact and easy to bring along.
Assurance Times TwoLike all Toshiba products; the Canvio® Connect II portable hard drive1 is designed from the ground up with your needs in mind, then tested again and again for reliability. We strive for excellence, so you can count on it to perform. That’s why it comes with a solid standard two-year limited warranty.18
Storage and Backup
• Store your files in a centralized place next to your PC or Mac®
• Enjoy a complete built-in backup solution for protecting your digital memories with:
- Files-and-folder backup and restore capabilities
- Full-system backup and recovery capabilities
- Cloud-enabled backups15
• Schedule backups to run automatically
• Secure your backups with user-defined password protection
• Get 10GB of cloud storage (free) for your most important files15
Access and Sharing7
• Access and share content from your devices anywhere via the Internet27
• Upload and download content from your devices easily
• Share massive files and folders from your PC and Canvio® Connect II HDD27
• Back up & Access content remotely from mobile devices15, 27
PC and Mac® compatibility means you can store and access files without reformatting.10
USB 3.07 and 2.0 compatibility provides fast performance and convenience, too.
Sleek design and vibrant colors ensure there’s a Canvio® Connect II to match your unique style.
Backed by a two-year standard limited warranty,18this drive is built to Toshiba’s high-quality standards.
1. Includes free 30-day trial of cloud back-up.
2. Requires properly equipped DLNA-compatible devices.
3. For Windows® OS only. Includes free 30 day trial of cloud backup
4. Compatible with WLAN-capable devices only
5. Compatible with SDHC-compatible devices only
6. The warranty brochure is included with the product or can be viewed online at http://pcsupport.toshiba.com/accessories5yr. For Canada the warranty information is available at http://www.toshiba.ca/warranty
7. Check with your device manufacturer for full compatibility.
8. Security software is available via download and is compatible with Windows® only.
9. Includes NTFS driver for Mac® on select models only
10. Use of Time Machine® software requires the drive to be reformatted to HFS+.
11. External HDD Capacity: One Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes and One Terabyte (TB) means 1012 = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB=230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 240 = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes, and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity will also be less if the computer includes one or more pre-installed operating systems, pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
12. USB connection required.
13. Internet access required.
14. PC must be powered on.
15. Includes free downloadable copy of Pogoplug® PC with 10GB of free cloud storage. Internet connection required for remote access. Cloud storage/backup and streaming requires Pogoplug® PC with cloud storage.
16. The preloaded NTI Backup Now EZ software is compatible with Windows® OS only.
17. USB 3.0: 5Gbps is the maximum theoretical interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending on your system configuration and other factors.
18. Warranty: The terms and conditions of Toshiba’s standard limited warranty are available at www.warranty.toshiba.com.
19. SD memory card sold separately.
20. Battery life may differ depending on user conditions. See http://info.toshiba.com/ for more information.
21. Chromecast TM device sold separately.
22. • Support for PC or Mac®: Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows® 7. Mac OS® X 10.7 and 10.8 with included NTFS driver for Mac
• Support for iPhone®, iPad® and AndroidTM platform based smartphone and tablet: iOS version 4. AndroidTM version 2.3
• Application software required and will need to be downloaded from the Toshiba website and/or other websites.
23. Secured via the user-defined wireless network password established under the device Settings.
24. For use with external hard drives (NTFS format, only). External hard drive sold separately. Future compatibility of non-Toshiba external hard drives may vary. Mobile device refers to iOS® and Android™ mobile devices. Support for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ platform based smartphone and tablet: iOS® version 6; Android™ version 2.3. Application software required and will need to be downloaded from the Toshiba website and/or other websites.
25. Product needs to be plugged to a power source.
26. Chromecast™ media streaming device (sold separately) required for television streaming. Application software required and will need to be downloaded from the Toshiba website and/or other websites.
27. Drive must be connected to home device. Remote access to home device required. Application software required and will need to be downloaded from the Toshiba website and/or other websites.