HP Envy Wireless Color Inkjet All-In-One Printer, Scanner And Copier, 5540 Item # 668159
Print lab-quality photos and laser-quality documents. This multifunction machine helps you stay productive.
- Start printing and get connected quickly with easy setup from your smartphone, tablet or PC.
- Connect your mobile device directly to your printer and easily print without accessing a network.
- The built-in photo tray lets you print 4” x 6” photos in brilliant color without changing paper.
- Print remotely. The auto-deploying output tray keeps your pages from landing on the floor.
- Built-in wireless (802.11b/g/n) connection for printing without cables.
- Prints up to 12 pages per minute in black/white and up to 10 pages per minute in color.
- Flatbed scanner resolution up to 1200 x 1200 dpi reproduces exact colors and large documents. Scan directly to a computer, a memory card or an e-mail address.
- Automatic 2-sided printing saves paper and money.
- 125-sheet paper tray can handle complex print jobs.
- 1,000-sheet monthly volume.
- Built-in 2.2" LCD touchscreen lets you navigate your projects right from the screen.
- 128MB of built-in memory for improved print, scan and copy speeds.
- Instant Ink eligible. HP Ink ordered by your printer based on the number of pages you print monthly. Compatible with select HP printers.
- ENERGY STAR certified — meets federal guidelines for energy efficiency.
|auto double-sided printing||yes|
|automatic document feeder||no|
|automatic document feeder capacity||0 sheets|
|compatible toner/ink||HP 62 black; HP 62 Tri-color|
|connector type||USB 2.0|
|dimensions||6.14"H x 17.87"W x 19.8"D|
|functionality||copy; print; scan|
|ink/toner cartridge(s) included||full-capacity cartridge(s)|
|maximum black and white copy speed||10 cpm|
|maximum black and white print speed||12 ppm|
|maximum color copy resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|maximum color copy speed||5 cpm|
|maximum color print speed||8 ppm|
|maximum copy enlargement||400%|
|maximum copy reduction||25%|
|maximum monthly volume||1,000 sheets|
|maximum optimized color print resolution||4800 x 1200 dpi|
|maximum sheet size||legal (8 1/2" x 14")|
|memory card reader||No|
|mobile printing||app based and email|
|number of paper trays||2|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8|
|print technology||Ink-jet - color|
|scanner optical resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|total paper tray capacity||550 sheets|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
Let your creativity soar while keeping printing costs low. This HP ENVY all-in-one is the easiest way to print lab-quality photos and laser-quality documents in fewer steps from your smartphone or tablet.h1
Add a creative touch to all your tasks—and save on ink.h2 Produce stunning color photos that dazzle and laser-quality documents you can count on with HP Instant Ink.
Spend your time creating, not waiting. Easily print borderless, lab-quality 4x6-inch color photos without changing paper.
Enjoy the freedom to create with an all-in-one that’s easy to use. Produce borderless, lab-quality photos, and manage tasks conveniently on the 2.2-inch (5.5 cm) display.
Easily print from your smartphone, tablet, and notebook at work, home, or on the go.
Print photos, documents, and more when you're on the go, using HP ePrint.
Save time by sending scanned documents or photos directly from your printer to email recipients.
- HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One
- HP 62 Setup Black Ink Cartridge
- HP 62 Setup Tri-color Ink Cartridge
- Software CD
- Setup Instructions
- Power cord.
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- Print speed color (draft, letter)
- Up to 21 ppm
- Print speed black (draft, letter)
- Up to 22 ppm
- First page out color (letter, ready)
- As fast as 22 sec
- Recommended monthly page volume
- 300 to 400
- Print technology
- HP Thermal Inkjet
- Print quality black (best)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 rendered dpi (when printing from a computer)
- Print quality color (best)
- Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a computer with 1200 input DPI on selected HP photo papers and Print in Max DPI)
- 2.2” (5.5 cm) Touchscreen Mono LCD
- Processor speed
- 525 MHz
- Number of print cartridges
- 2 (1 black, 1 Tri-color [cyan, magenta, yellow])
- Print languages
- HP PCL 3 GUI
- HP ePrint capability
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint™; Mopria™-certified; Wireless Direct Printing
- Wireless capability
- Yes, built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- Connectivity, standard
- 1 USB 2.0; 1 Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- Network ready
- Standard (built-in WiFi 802.11b/g/n)
- Minimum system requirements
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer. Windows Vista: 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer 8. Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only): any Intel® Pentium® II, Celeron® or 233 MHz compatible processor ,850 MB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer 8.
- Minimum system requirements for Macintosh
- OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite; 1 GB HD; Internet; USB
- Compatible operating systems
- Windows 10, XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only), Vista, 7,8, 8.1; Mac OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion, OS X Mavericks
- Memory, standard
- 128 MB DDR3 Memory
- Paper handling input, standard
- 125 sheet Main Input Tray, 15 sheet Photo Tray
- Paper handling output, standard
- 25-sheet output tray
- Duplex printing
- Media sizes supported
- Letter, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, No. 10 envelopes
- Media sizes, custom
- 3.85 x 8.5 to 5 x 14 in
- Media types
- Paper (plain, inkjet, photo), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards, the HP premium media, iron-on transfers, borderless media
- Media weight, recommended
- 18 to 22 lb
- Borderless printing
- Yes (up to 8.5 x 11 in, 216 x 297 mm)
- Scanner type
- Scan file format
- pdf, bmp, jpg, gif, tif, tif, png
- Scan resolution, optical
- 1200 dpi
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum
- 8.5 x 11.7 in
- Digital sending standard features
- Scan to email [via printer control app]; From software: Scan to file; Scan to email
- File formats, supported
- PDF; BMP; PNG; TIF; JPG
- Copy resolution (black text)
- 300 x 300 dpi
- Copy resolution (color text and graphics)
- 600 x 600 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum
- Up to 50 copies
- 100-240 V (+/-10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption
- 13.95 watts (printing), 3.60 watts (ready), 0.93 watts (sleep), 0.20 watts (off)
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- Operating temperature range
- 41 to 104ºF
- Operating humidity range
- 20 to 80% RH
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 17.87 x 16.14 x 6.14 in
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 17.87 x 19.80 x 6.14 in
- 15.04 lb
- One-year limited hardware warranty; For more info please visit us at http://support.hp.com
DisclaimersProduct image may differ from actual product h2 Savings claim is based on HP Instant Ink Service plan price for 12 months using all pages in plan without purchase of additional pages compared with the cost per page (“CPP”) of the majority of color inkjet printers <$399 USD, market share reported by IDC Q2 2014. CPP comparisons for standard-capacity inkjet supplies are based on estimated street price and page yield as reported by gap intelligence MFP Weekly and IJP Weekly Reports 9/20/2014. Actual savings may vary depending on number of pages actually printed per month and content of pages printed. h1 In comparison to the majority of consumer/home office inkjet all-in-one printers < US$399 USD as of Nov 2014 based on market share as reported by IDC as of Q3 2014, and typical time to set up and/or presence of preloaded plug-in. App download required for printer setup. Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same network or have a direct wireless connection to the printer. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. See hp.com/go/mobileprinting for more details. h4 Requires HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app download and is compatible with iPhone® 4 and later, iPad® 4th generation, iPad mini™, iPad Air®, iPod®, and mobile devices using Android™ 4.0.3 or later. Printer and mobile device must be on the same local wireless network with Internet access. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. For a full list of supported operating systems, see hp.com/go/mobileprinting.