ASUS® ASUSPRO Advanced Laptop, 15.6" Screen, Intel® Core™ i5, 8GB Memory, 128GB Solid State Drive, Windows® 7 Professional Item # 671677
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) display for a clear, vivid image.
- High-performance Intel Core i5 processor. Gives you extra power to handle today's complex software. Stay productive while multitasking.
- 8GB memory gives you the ability to run demanding programs. Memory is expandable up to 16GB. Additional memory sold separately.
- 128GB solid-state drive holds thousands of songs, photos, files and documents. Keeps your running programs active, while your computer resumes from suspension in about 2 seconds. Unlike a hard disk drive, it has no moving parts and features an ultra-fast SATA interface.
- Features Wireless-AC (802.11ac) for high-performance, cable-free networking. Access wireless networks to share files, surf the Web and exchange e-mail. Wired networking is also supported.
- Memory card reader for file transfers made fast and easy.
- Features 3 USB 3.0 ports for ultra-fast data transfers. USB 3.0 is up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0, yet fully compatible with USB 2.0.
- Features a built-in webcam and microphone so you can keep in touch with others via video and voice messaging.
- Features Bluetooth® wireless technology. Permits short-range wireless data transfers with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as phones, speakers and printers.
- Built-in fingerprint reader provides secure access to your data.
- Tested to exceed the US MIL-STD 810G military standard for reliability and durability.
- Features Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional operating system. Includes Windows 8.1 Pro license.
- Intel, the Intel Logo, Intel Inside, Intel Core, and Core Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- ENERGY STAR— For products that meet federal guidelines for energy efficiency.
- EPEAT — For technology products with multiple environment attributes – ranked in three tiers: Bronze, Silver or Gold.
|battery type||lithium polymer (Li-polymer)|
|Bluetooth Standard||Bluetooth 4.0|
|Certifications & Standards||MIL-STD 810G; UL; MIC; CE Marking Compliance; FCC Compliance; BSMI; Australia C-TICK / NZ A-Tick Compliance; CCC; GOST-R; CB; IDA; FIPS 201|
|eco-label/standard||ENERGY STAR; EPEAT Bronze|
|Environmental Certification||RoHS; TCO; ErP; WEEE; EPEAT; ENERGY STAR 4.0; TÜV; CECP|
|Finger Print Reader||Yes|
|Graphics Controller Manufacturer||NVIDIA|
|Graphics Controller Model||GeForce GT 840M|
|Graphics Memory Accessibility||Dedicated|
|Graphics Memory Capacity||Up to 1 GB|
|hard drive capacity||128 GB|
|hard drive type||Solid State Drive|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC; 230 V AC|
|LCD Backlight Technology||LED backlight|
|maximum memory capacity||16 GB|
|Maximum Turbo Speed||3.0 GHz|
|memory card reader||Yes|
|Memory Card Supported||SD; MultiMediaCard (MMC); SDHC; SDXC|
|memory type||DDR3 SDRAM|
|operating system details||Windows 7 Professional|
|Operating Systems||Windows 7 Pro|
|package contents||ASUSPRO ADVANCED B551LG-XB51 Notebook; 2 x  Lithium Polymer Batteries; AC Adapter|
|Pointing Device Type||TouchPad|
|ports||3 USB 3.0; 1 USB 2.0; 1 VGA 15-pin D-sub; 1 Mini DisplayPort|
|processor model||Core i5-4310U|
|processor type||Intel Core i5|
|Product Line||ASUSPRO ADVANCED|
|screen resolution||1920 x 1080|
|screen size||15.6 in.|
|Solid State Drive Capacity||128 GB|
|Solid State Drive Interface||Serial ATA/600|
|Total Number of USB Ports||4|
|video hardware||nVidia GeForce GT 840M|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|wired connectivity||10/100/1000 Ethernet|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11ac|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
BEST FOR BUSINESS: MILITARY-STANDARD DURABILITY AND HIGH PERFORMANCE.The ASUSPRO B551 notebook perfectly embodies our commitment to inspire and empower your business. Strictly quality-tested to exceed US MIL-STD 810G military standards, it satisfies the reliability and durability demands of enterprise, institutional and government users in a fully-managed IT environment. The B551 notebook is also designed with business-class security and manageability to deliver greater productivity to you.
For the ultimate in expansive connectivity, the B551 notebook is compatible with the ultra- slim ASUS Power II docking station, which supports up to five displays simultaneously.
- Outstanding Reliability: Exceeds US MIL-STD 810G military standard ; LCD carbon fiber construction
- Plethora of Security Features: Intel® vPro™/ Finger Print Reader/ TPM/ Computrace® ready BIOS/ Smart card-based identification
- Choose What Works for You. Windows® 7 Professional (preloaded) with a free upgrade to Windows® 8.1 Professional
- Expansive Connectivity: Dedicated docking option
- All Day Productivity: Supports ODD slice battery for up to 13 hours1 ; removable battery
- 1 year Accidental Damage Protection2 with 30 days Zero Bright Dot Guarantee for warranty protection against drops, spills and electrical surges while ensuring a flawless display
Durable ConstructionThe B551 notebook is built with a durable carbon-reinforced screen cover that is several times stronger than conventional plastics. This means it can withstand up to 20% higher panel pressure, assuring you of better damage protection with less weight. The spill-resistant keyboard repels higher volumes of liquid compared to industry standards. The notebook also ships with an anti-shock hard drive that includes a G-sensor and hardware structure that protect the hard drive should it drop or impact with another surface.
Extra-strict ASUSPRO reliability testing standards
ASUS Computers has a well-deserved reputation as an industry-leader in reliability. Our notebooks undergo stringent quality testing and the highest quality control standards, earning ASUS the PC Magazine “Reader’s Choice Award for Laptops” three times3 . The B551 has been tested to exceed US military-standard quality tests including enhanced drop testing at more than double the height and extra-strict hinge testing to guarantee the durability that you demand.
Professional DesignFor comfort even during a long workday, the B551 notebook is fitted with a true-comfort keyboard designed for optimum key feel and long key travel. It also comes with an enlarged multi-gesture touchpad that is so responsive, intuitive and accurate that you can effectively do away with the mouse. Strain-reducing anti-glare FHD panels are standard on the B551 notebook — preventing reflections, reducing eye fatigue and offering a comfortable wide viewing angle.
For the ultimate in expansive connectivity, the B551 notebook is compatible with the ultra- slim ASUS Power II docking station, which supports up to five displays simultaneously. The notebook supports an ODD slice battery for up to 13 hours1 of all day computing and features removable large-capacity battery packs for easy replacement or servicing.
The B551 notebook features the ASUSPRO Business Center, a simple, one-stop security and manageability solution specially designed for small businesses without a managed IT environment. The Intel® vPro processor allows IT staff to remotely control PCs. They’re able to better discover, repair and protect their networked computing assets.
Protect your data & trace and locate stolen notebooksThe ASUSPRO B551 incorporates fingerprint scanning and smart card based identification that takes data access authorization and protection to a higher level. Fingerprint scanning uses sensors that are less affected by skin surface conditions such as dry, worn, calloused, dirty or oily skin. Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is a hardware chip integrated on the motherboard that securely encrypts data, reducing the risks posed by hackers looking to capture password and encryption keys to sensitive data. The notebook is also bundled with Computrace® LoJack® for Laptops by Absolute® Software, giving you the power to remotely locate missing notebooks, plus lock and delete data before it falls into the wrong hands. LoJack® for Laptops ‘s dedicated Theft Recovery Team services work in parallel with local police to track down lost or stolen notebooks and bring them back to you.
Your Always on-call PC Medics1 year Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)2 with 30 days Zero Bright Dot Guarantee is the most comprehensive coverage available. ADP gives you protection against drops, spills and electrical surges while ensuring a flawless display with zero bright dots. Commercial customers can also access our B2B exclusive service line for support at: 1-888-606-2787; Business hour (5:00am-6:00pm PST). Our team of technical experts is comprised of US based English speaking agents who have on average 10 years of experience. Extended warranty options are available for added protection. See below for details.
What’s In the Box
- ASUSPRO B551 Notebook
- AC Adapter
- User Manual
- Warranty Card
|Operating System||Windows® 7 Professional (preloaded) w/ optional upgrade to Windows® 8.1 Professional (64bit)|
|Display||15.6” Full HD (1920x1080) / Wide View Angle Anti-Glare|
|Processor||Intel® Core™ i5-4310U 2GHZ (Turbo up to 3GHz) Haswell with Intel® vPro™ Technology|
|Graphics||NVIDIA® GeForce® GT840M 1GB DDR3|
|Memory||8GB DDR3L (1600MHz), 2x Socket (one slot installed w/ 8GB, one slot open); Max Memory 16GB|
|Storage||128GB m-SATA SSD|
|Webcam||HD Web Camera|
|Wireless Data Network||802.11AC + Bluetooth 4.0|
Built-in stereo speakers
Array noise reduction microphone
ASUS SonicMaster Lite TechnologyASUS MaxxAudio enhancement
Side I/O Ports
1 x COMBO audio jack
1 x VGA port / Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor
3 x USB 3.0 port
1 x USB 2.0 port
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1 x Docking Connector
1 x mini Display Port
1 x Smart Card
1 x Fingerprint1 x SD card reader
|Card Reader||SD, MMC, SDXC|
Output : 19 V DC, 3.42 A, 65 WInput : 100 -240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal
|Battery||45WHrs, 4S1P, 4-cell Li-ion Polymer Battery Pack + 23WHrs, 3S1P, 3-cell Li-ion Polymer Battery Pack in ODD|
|Dimensions||15.1" x 10.2" x 1.0" (W x D x H)|
UL, TUV, MIC, CE Marking Compliance, FCC Compliance, BSMI, Australia C-TICK / NZ A-Tick Compliance, CCC,GOST-R, CB, EPEAT, Energy star, IDA, CECP, WEEE, Erp 2013, FIPS 201, TCO4.0, RoHS
|Warranty||1-year International/30-Day Zero Bright Dot/2-way FREE shipping/24-7 tech support/ Connect to our team of technical experts for support at: 1-888-606-2787; Business hour (5:00am-6:00pm PST)|
|Extended Warranty (optional and sold separately)||
2yr Warranty+1yr ADP+ No Onsite - ACX12-000545NB
2yr Warranty+1yr ADP+ No Onsite - ACCX020-51N0
2yr Warranty+2yr ADP+ No Onsite - ACCX020-21N0
2yr Warranty+1yr ADP+ 2yr Onsite - ACCX020-81N0
2yr Warranty+2yr ADP+ 2yr Onsite - ACCX020-F1N0
3yr Warranty+1yr ADP+ No Onsite - ACCX020-61N0
3yr Warranty+3yr ADP+ No Onsite - ACCX020-11N0
3yr Warranty+1yr ADP+ 3yr Onsite - ACCX020-91N0
3yr Warranty+3yr ADP+ 3yr Onsite - ACCX020-31N0
4yr Warranty+1yr ADP+No Onsite - ACCX020-D1N0
4yr Warranty+4yr ADP+No Onsite - ACCX020-H1N0
4yr Warranty+1yr ADP+4yr Onsite - ACCX020-G1N04yr Warranty+4yr ADP+4yr Onsite - ACCX020-E1N0
ASUS- Top 3 Global Consumer Notebook BrandAs the world’s top three consumer notebook brand, ASUS prides itself by making products that always “START with PEOPLE.” With a persistent approach to innovation, ASUS goes beyond satisfying current consumer needs to surpass expectations and spark the imaginations of people everywhere. ASUS designs and manufactures a diverse range of products as part of our relentless search for incredible, including motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop and all-in-one PCs, notebooks, netbooks, networking devices, servers, smartphones and tablets. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS won 4,256 awards in 2013 and recently received the recognition for the 2013 PC Magazine Reader’s Choice Award.
© 2015 ASUS Computer International. All Rights Reserved. ASUS is a registered trademark of ASUSTeK Computer. All specifications and terms are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers on selected models. Products may not be available in all markets. Product may not be exactly as shown in photos. Actual colors may differ from their appearance due to variation of monitor restrictions and color processing. All trademarks are registered to their respective companies. ASUS shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- 1 Subject to product model, normal usage conditions and configuration.
- 2 Program applies to select notebooks purchased within the USA and Canada only. Customers must register online within 60-days from purchase date to be eligible. One claim per notebook only. Exclusion apply. For details, please visit, adp.asus.com
- 3 A trademark of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license. Reprinted from www.pcmag.com with permission. ©2014 Ziff Davis, Inc All Rights Reserved