HP LaserJet Pro M501dn Monochrome Laser Printer, J8H61A Item # 682685
Print crisp, eye-catching documents using this LaserJet Pro printer with 4800 x 600 resolution
- Built-in Ethernet port allows connection to your office network. Also supports USB 2.0 connectivity.
- Prints up to 65 pages per minute (ppm) on A5 paper to help you move through big projects. Speeds up to 43 ppm on A4 paper and up to 45 ppm on letter-size paper.
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi (4800 x 600 enhanced dpi) printing resolution delivers crisp results.
- Print directly from compatible devices with HP ePrint, AirPrint™ and Mopria certification.
- HP Web Jetadmin makes it easy to manage printing features. Security features offer defense against virtual threats.
- Compatible with a variety of media. Delivers great performance with plain, EcoFFICIENT, light, midweight, intermediate, heavy, extra-heavy, bond, colored, preprinted, prepunched, recycled and rough paper, as well as cardstock, letterhead, envelopes, labels and transparencies.
- Automatic 2-sided printing saves paper and money.
- 2 input trays hold up to 650 total sheets. Includes a 550-sheet main cassette and a 100-sheet multipurpose tray. The 250-sheet face-down output tray helps you manage large tasks.
- 100,000 sheet monthly volume.
- 2-line, backlit text display features 6 buttons and 12 numerical keys for simple operation.
- 256MB of memory for fast completion of work.
- Compatible with PC, Mac, Linux, Debian, Ubuntu and Unix operating systems.
- Backed by the manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty.
- Eco-conscious choice — has one or more meaningful eco attributes or eco-labels.
- ENERGY STAR certified — meets federal guidelines for energy efficiency.
- EPEAT Silver certified — has multiple eco-attributes. Ranked in three tiers: Bronze, Silver or Gold.
|maximum sheet size||legal (8 1/2" x 14")|
|Wireless Print Technology||HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint; Mopria|
|power source||AC Supply|
|processor speed||1.50 GHz|
|RAM Installed (Max)||256 MB / 256 MB (max)|
|maximum black and white print speed||65 ppm|
|mobile printing||app based|
|ink/toner cartridge(s) included||starter-capacity cartridge(s)|
|Environmental Certification||EPEAT Silver; Blue Angel; ENERGY STAR; REACH|
|auto double-sided printing||yes|
|primary paper tray capacity||550 sheets|
|Product Line||LaserJet Pro|
|package contents||LaserJet Pro M501 Laser Printer; Preinstalled Introductory HP LaserJet Toner Cartridge (Black: ~6000 pages); Installation Guide; Getting Started Guide; User's Guide; Support Flyer; Warranty Guide; Printer documentation and software on CD-ROM; Software Drivers and Documentation on CD-ROM; Power Cord|
|Media Size||Envelope No. 10; Oficio - 8.50" x 13.39"; A4 - 8.30" x 11.70"; Monarch; Letter - 8.50" x 11"; Legal - 8.50" x 14"; 3" x 5"; 4.14" x 5.83"; Executive - 10.50" x 7.25"|
|Product Name||LaserJet Pro M501dn|
|printing application||workgroup printing|
|Media Feeders||1 x automatic - 100 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in) weight: 60 g/m² - 175 g/m² ¦ 1 x automatic - 550 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in) weight: 60 g/m² - 220 g/m²|
|total paper tray capacity||650 sheets|
|Maximum Memory||256 MB|
|compatible toner/ink||HP 87A (CF287A); HP 87X (CF287X)|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC; 230 V AC|
|number of paper trays||3|
|Max Resolution (B&W)||4800 x 600 dpi|
|dimensions||11.38"H x 16.46"W x 14.8 - 25.16"D|
|automatic document feeder capacity||650 sheets|
|USB Direct Printing||Yes|
|Number of Input/Multipurpose Trays Installed||2|
|maximum black and white print resolution||4800 x 600 dpi|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP Service Pack 3; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows 8.1; Windows 10; Mac OS X 10.9+; Linux OS; SUSE Linux 12.2+; Fedora 17+; Linux Mint 13+; Boss 3.0+; Ubuntu 10.04+; Debian 6.0+; UNIX|
|recommended use||Plain Paper Print|
|Maximum Print Resolution||4800 x 600 dpi|
|connector type||Ethernet; USB 2.0|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|maximum monthly volume||100,000 sheets|
|Show More ▾|
Up to 45 ppm Blackm1
Put impressive print speeds and performance to work in your office. This energy-saving printer starts fasterh1 and delivers security features to help guard against threats. Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence produce more pages.h2
Work with confidence, not worries. Get strong protection for devices, data, and documents, using embedded security features, and centrally manage your entire printer fleet.h8
Bring out the best in your printer. Print more high-quality pages than ever before,h2 using specially designed Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence. Count on the authentic HP quality you paid for—something the competition can’t match.
Print the first page from sleep mode as fast as 7.3 seconds
This efficient printer is designed for exceptionally low energy consumption
Allows you to print on both sides of the page, cutting your paper use by up to 50%.
Compact design lets this printer fit into small spaces
Save time by refilling paper less often.
Protect sensitive business data with embedded and optional HP JetAdvantage security solutions.
Get more pages, performance, and protection out of your printer—using Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence.
- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M501n
- preinstalled introductory HP LaserJet Toner cartridge (Black: ~6000 pages)
- In-box documentation (Installation Guide, Getting Started Guide, User's Guide, Support Flyer, Warranty Guide)
- Printer documentation and software on CD-ROM
- Software drivers and documentation on CD-ROM
- CD's containing software and electronic documentation
- Power cord
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- Print speed black (normal, letter)
- Up to 45 ppm
- First page out black (letter, ready)
- As fast as 5.7 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, letter)
- Up to 100,000 pages
- Recommended monthly page volume
- 1500 to 6000
- Print technology
- Print quality black (best)
- 600 x 600 dpi, Up to 4800 x 600 enhanced dpi
- 2-line LCD (text)
- HP ePrint capability
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint™; Mopria™-certified
- Wireless capability
- Connectivity, standard
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host/Device Ports; Fast Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-Tx, Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T
- Network ready
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Compatible operating systems
- Windows OS compatible with In-Box Driver; Windows XP SP3 all 32-bit editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc.), Windows Vista all 32-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc.), Windows 7 all 32- & 64-bit editions, Windows 8/8.1 all 32- & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets),Windows 10 all 32- & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets);Windows OS compatible with Universal Print Driver (From HP.com); Windows XP SP3 32- & 64-bit editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc.),Windows Vista all 32- & 64-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc.),Windows 7 all 32- & 64-bit editions, Windows 8/8.1 all 32- & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets), Windows 10 all 32- & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets) ;Mac OS (HP Print Drivers available from HP.com and Apple Store); OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.11 El Capitan; Mobile OS (In-OS drivers); iOS, Android, Windows 8/8.1/10 RT; Linux OS (In-OS HPLIP; SUSE Linux (12.2, 12.3, 13.1), Fedora (17, 18, 19, 20), Linux Mint (13, 14, 15, 16, 17), Boss (3.0, 5.0), Ubuntu (10.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04, 14.10), Debian (6.0.x, 7.x); Other OS; UNIX
- Memory, standard
- 256 MB
- Memory, maximum
- 256 MB
- Paper handling input, standard
- 100-sheet multipurpose tray and 550-sheet main cassette
- Paper handling input, optional
- Optional 550-sheet cassette tray (Tray 3)
- Paper handling output, standard
- 250-sheet face down output tray
- Duplex printing
- Finished output handling
- Media sizes supported
- Tray 1: 4 x 6 in, 5 x 8 in, Letter, Legal, Executive, Oficio 8.5 x 13 in, Envelope No. 10, Monarch, Custom; Tray 2 & Tray 3: 5 x 8 in, Letter, Legal, Executive, Oficio 8.5 x13 in, Custom
- Media sizes, custom
- Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2 & Tray 3: 4.14 x 5.83 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media types
- Paper (plain, EcoFFICIENT, light, midweight, intermediate, heavy, extra heavy, bond, cardstock, colored, letterhead, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough, ecofficient); envelopes; labels; transparencies
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® certified, Blue Angel, EPEAT (Silver)
- Operating temperature range
- 59 to 90.5ºF
- Operating humidity range
- 30 to 70% RH
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 16.46 x 25.16 x 11.38 in
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 16.46 x 25.16 x 11.38 in
- 25.6 lb
- NA/EMEA: One-year, next-business day, onsite warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements. Go to hp.com/support to learn about HP award winning service and support options in your region; AP: One year return to bench
DisclaimersProduct image may differ from actual product h1 Based on HP internal testing of top three leading competitors’ first page out from sleep mode and duplex print speed completed 12/2015. Subject to device settings. Actual results may vary. For details, see http://www.hp.com/go/Ljclaims h3 Based on comparisons of TEC (Typical Electricity Consumption) data reported on energystar.gov for mono laser printers with > 1% worldwide market share as reported by IDC as of Q3 2015, available worldwide and with print speeds of 40–50 ppm (A4). Actual results may vary. Learn more at http://www.hp.com/go/ljclaims h8 HP Web Jetadmin is available for download at no additional charge at http://www.hp.com/go/webjetadmin h2 More pages versus predecessor cartridges claim based on page-yield comparison of HP 55X High Yield Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridges with HP 87X High Yield Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridges. For more information, see http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies