- Ultra-fast data transfers.
- Automatic backup helps protect your files.
- Use your Dropbox™ account to back up your files to the Cloud.
- Password protection and hardware encryption secure your files from unauthorized access.
- Compatibility with Windows 8 File History makes backups easier than ever.
|device connector type||USB 3.0|
|storage capacity||1 TB|
|maximum data transfer rate||5 Mbps|
; Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8; Mac OS X
|Features||Automatic Backup; Password Protection; Hardware Encryption; Durable|
|hard drive type||Hard Drive|
|platform||PC; Mac (requires reformatting)|
|drive connector type||USB 3.0|
|Product Line||My Passport Ultra|
|package contents||My Passport Ultra Portable Storage; USB Cable; Quick Install Guide|
|Product Name||My Passport Ultra Portable Storage|
|manufacturer||Western Digital Corporation|
|postconsumer recycled content||0%|
|dimensions||3.2"H x 4.6"W x 0.6"D|
|total recycled content||0%|
|operating system compatibility||Windows and Mac OS (requires reformatting)|
|Platform Supported||Mac; PC|
|Product Type||external hard drive|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|model name||My Passport Ultra|
From the Manufacturer|
Automatic & cloud backup.Safeguard your memories with WD SmartWare Pro automatic backup software. Back up directly to this drive or to the cloud using Dropbox.
Sleek, high-capacity, storage to go.The perfect companion for your Ultrabook and other slim notebooks. You get up to 2 TB in a sleek, compact design.
Secure your drive.Use WD Security to set password protection and hardware encryption and protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
Local and cloud backupWD SmartWare Pro automatic backup software lets you chose when and where you back up your files.
- Choose scheduled backup to back up files on the schedule that works best for you.
- Choose file or folder backup if that is your preference.
- Use your Dropbox account to back up your files to the cloud.
Dropbox account required for cloud backup. Cloud services may be changed, terminated or interrupted at any time and may vary by country.
Ultra-fast transfer ratesWhen connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Passport Ultra lets you access and save files in blazing speed. Reduce transfer time by up to 3 times when compared to USB 2.0 transfer rates.*
*Performance may vary based on user's hardware and system configuration.
Works great with Windows® 8The WD Windows 8 app makes it easy to discover the digital media stored on your My Passport Ultra drive with your Windows 8 computer. Your content is automatically displayed and organized so you can easily locate and enjoy your photos, videos and music.
Sleek design with high capacityAt just half an inch thin (12.8mm) for the 500 GB model, this drive is sleek and fast with plenty of capacity for your important digital content.
USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatibilityWith this single drive you get compatibility with the latest USB 3.0 devices and backward compatibility with USB 2.0 devices as well.
WD Drive Utilities™Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics and more using WD Drive Utilities.
Secure your filesWD Security utility allows you to set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to help keep your data private.
Durable enclosure protects the drive insideWe know your data is important to you. So we build the drive inside to our demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance, and long-term reliability. Then, we protect the drive with a durable enclosure designed for beauty and a 3-year limited warranty for your peace of mind.
USB-poweredPowered directly from the USB port on your PC. No separate power supply is needed.
|Serial Transfer Rate|
|Serial Bus Transfer Rate (USB 3.0)||5 Gb/s (Max)|
|Operating||41° F to 95° F|
|Non-operating||-4° F to 149° F|
|Operating||5° C to 35° C|
|Non-operating||-20° C to 65° C|
Your data is not just data, it's your family photos, your financial documents, your music - your life. You know you should back it up, but many of you don't. We understand. We've talked to lots of people and we've heard the reasons why people don't back up - there's no time; it's a pain; their data's not organized; they don't know how. Using what we've learned, we developed easy, automatic backup software we hope you'll really use because we understand the importance of your data.
It's easy.You're up and running in a few simple steps. Once you set it up, you can forget it because the rest is automatic.
It finds your data.
- A unique visual interface lets you see the WD drives connected toyour computer.
- WD SmartWare automatically scans your computer and finds all of your personal files, including e-mail.
- Select the files and folders that you want backed up or back up your files by category. It's up to you.
- The backup gauges show how much information you have to be backed up in each category. You can even mouse over a category to see afile count.
- Simply click "Start Backup" and WD SmartWare will automatically start backing up your files.
- As your backup is running the category gauges will change color showing you the backup as it happens.
- When finished, you'll see a status screen and information about your backup. You only have to do this once. After the first backup, your files will be backed up automatically every time you change or add a file.
It's always on the job.WD SmartWare is always watching your computer, so when you change a file and save it, create new files, add new pictures, movies, or songs, WD SmartWare will instantly back them up.
It's easy to bring back lost files.If you ever accidentally delete an important file, or need to get an earlier version of a file, you can find and retrieve it in seconds with the easy-to-use retrieve interface.
- Restore all of the files you’ve backed up or select a particular file or folder. Use the search function to easily find a lost file.
- Set the number of versions you want to save so you can go back in time to retrieve an older version of a file.
External Storage Roundup: LaCie, Toshiba, and WD2013
WD My Passport Ultra 1TB Hard Drive Review2013
WD My Passport Ultra 1TB Storage Drive Review2013
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability