About This Product
From the Manufacturer
The newest from Office.
Office Home & Student 2013 is designed to help you create and organize faster with new, time saving features and a clean, modern look. Plus, you can save your documents in the cloud on SkyDrive and access them virtually anywhere.
The latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote on 1 PC.
What it includes:
- The latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Office on one PC for household use.
- For 1 PC only.
- 7 GB of online storage in SkyDrive.
- Free Office Web Apps1 for accessing, editing, and sharing documents.
- An improved user interface optimized for touch, pen, and keyboard.
- What's new in this release of Office?
- The 2013 versions of familiar Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint include new features that help you create, communicate and work even more efficiently from virtually anywhere. In addition to updating the traditional Office suites, weve developed brand new subscription versions of Office, specifically designed for the way you use Office today. Each new subscription offer will include the 2013 versions of the Office applications, for example Word, Excel and PowerPoint, plus offerings such as Skype world minutes and online storage with SkyDrive©. Subscribers will also receive version upgrades as well as use rights across multiple PCs or Macs and select mobile devices - including iPhone and Android phone. Note: The Office applications you can use across PCs, Macs and other devices vary by platform.
- What is the difference between the Office 2013 suites and Office 365 plans?
- Microsoft Office is still the name we use for our familiar productivity software. Office suites have traditionally included applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. All Office 2013 suites include the latest versions of the applications, for use on a single PC. We use the name Office 365 for products that include cloud services, such as additional SkyDrive online storage, features like Skype minutes for home use, Lync web conferencing or Exchange Online hosted email for businesses. Cloud services are features that are enabled over the Internet. Most Office 365 plans also include the full-featured Office 2013 applications, which users can install across multiple computers and devices. All Office 365 products, such as Office 365 Home Premium, are paid for on a subscription basis, annually. Active subscribers will receive version upgrades as a benefit of their subscription. Entitlements vary by product.
- How do I install Office Home & Student 2013, Office Home & Business 2013, or Office Professional 2013?
- Go to www.office.com/setup and follow the onscreen instructions to download the software to your computer. You can install Office on one PC.
- Can someone open Office 365 or Office documents using earlier versions of Office?
- Yes, a person with a previous version of Microsoft Office can easily open documents created with the latest release of Office by using compatibility and service packs.
- How long does it take to download and install Office?
- Office installs more quickly than ever, thanks to Click-to-Run, a streaming technology that lets you begin to use Office applications before installation is complete. All versions of the new Office use Click-to-Run. The actual download speed depends on the speed of your Internet connection.
- Should I install the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office?
- The 32-bit version of Office is installed by default. Even if your computer is running a 64-bit version of Windows, we recommend that you install the 32-bit version of Office, because it is more compatible with the applications and add-ins that work with Office. If you do want to install the 64-bit version of Office, you can do so by taking the following steps:<P>Office 365 Home Premium: Go to www.office.com/myaccount, click Languages and install options, and then click Additional install options. <P>Other Office 365 plans: Log into your account at www.office365.com and choose the option to install the 64-bit version of Office. It is not possible to install both the 64-bit version and 32-bit versions of Office on the same computer.
- What is Office on Demand?
- Office on Demand comes with your Office 365 plan. It allows you to access your documents and settings and lets you use full-featured Office applications on PCs that dont have the latest version of Office installed on them, for example a PC in the library, at a business center, or one that you borrowed from a friend. The full-featured applications are accessible via a web browser, instead of being permanently installed on the PC Streaming speed depends on Internet connectivity speed. Once you close the applications, they are no longer available to other users of that PC. Documents you save to SkyDrive will also no longer be available to other users, unless you saved them locally on the computer. You can use Office on Demand on a PC that is connected to the Internet and running Windows 7 or later.
- Are my documents stored on SkyDrive also available offline?
- Yes. For most PCs and Macs, when you save a document in Office, the default option saves it to a local SkyDrive folder on the computer, which automatically syncs to SkyDrive online. You can access your documents in the local SkyDrive folder on your computer at any time, even if you are not connected to the Internet.
- Can I use Office languages other than the one I originally purchased?
- Your Office 365 subscription enables you to install Office in 40 different languages. If you have Office 365 Home Premium you can choose the language to install Office in by visiting www.office.com/myaccount. Not all languages will be available in all regions. Customer is limited to using Office in two languages at one time.
- Can I use Skype world minutes plan from my mobile phone?
- You can use Skype world minutes from any device where you have Skype installed, whether it's your mobile phone, Windows 8 tablet, TV, or other device.
- For which devices will Office be available?
- At launch, Office supports PCs running Windows 7 or higher, and Macs with Mac OS X 10.6 or higher. Office Mobile supports Windows Phone devices running Windows Phone OS 7.5 and higher, iPhone 4, 4S, or 5, or iPod Touch 5th generation (all must be running iOS 6.1 or later), and Android OS 4.0 or greater. Additional devices will be added in the future.
- How do I install Office 365 Home Premium?
- If you purchase Office 365 Home Premium as a boxed product from a retailer, visit www.office.com/myaccount on the PC or Mac that you want to install Office on, and then enter the product key included in the package. Next, sign in with or create a Microsoft account. Once signed in, click Install Office and follow the onscreen instructions.
- How do I make sure I always have the latest Office applications?
- Office 365 customers with active subscriptions always get the newest versions of the Office applications when they are available. When we release a new version of Office, you will be notified that you have the option to update your software to the latest version.
- How do I manage my Office 365 subscription?
- You can manage your billing information, install or remove Office from additional PCs or Macs, Windows 8 tablets, or select devices and remove Office from PCs, Macs, Windows 8 tablets, and select devices at any time. The steps for doing so depend on which plan youve installed Office 365 Home Premium: Go to www.office.com/myaccount and follow the on-screen instructions. Other Office 365 plans: Log into your Office 365 account at www.office365.com to edit your profile as a user or manage your organization as an administrator.
- Is Internet access required for Office?
- Internet access is required to install and activate all the latest releases of Office suites and all Office 365 plans. After purchase, you must visit www.office.com/setup to enter a product key and create an account (using a Microsoft account). For subscription versions of Office including Office 365 Home Premium you will need to go online to manage your subscription account, for example to install Office on other machines, or to change billing options. You will also need to connect to the Internet regularly to keep your version of Office up-to-date and benefit from automatic upgrades. Internet connectivity is also required to access the Office 365 cloud services such as SkyDrive and Skype world minutes.
- Can I install the new Office on my Mac?
- If you buy an Office 365 subscription, you can install Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on your Mac. The applications available for Mac users and the version numbers may be different from those available for PC users. Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 is also available for purchase as a standalone product.
- What are Skype world minutes?
- Skype world minutes let you easily call people internationally. And now Office 365 Home Premium comes with 60 minutes per month of Skype calls to phones in over 40 countries. Its easy. Just dial from Skype and your friends and family can pick up on their phone. Skype world minutes are included with Office 365 Home Premium at no additional cost.
- What happens to the documents I have stored in SkyDrive when my subscription expires?
- Your documents will remain accessible to share and download. You will have the option to access and edit your documents saved on SkyDrive using Office Web Apps. You may save your SkyDrive documents to another computer or disk drive at any time. If you have reached your free 7 GB storage limit, you wont be able to add any further documents to SkyDrive.
- What happens when my subscription ends? How can I continue to work with my documents?
- As the expiration date approaches, you will receive notifications in the Office applications and via email, alerting you to the upcoming expiration. Once your Office 365 subscription expires, the Office software applications enter reduced functionality mode, which means that you can view or print documents only, but you will not be able to create new documents or edit existing documents. To return to full Office functionality, you can purchase a new subscription or another version of Office, from Office.com or any participating retailer. You could also return to using an older version of Office, or use the free Office Web Apps on SkyDrive for basic editing.
- What if I want to change which devices have Office 365 installed?
- Office 365 Home Premium can be installed on up to five PCs, Windows 8 tablets, or Macs and select devices. If you have already installed Office on five PCs or Macs and want to use Office on another PC or Mac, you can deactivate a computer from your subscription on the My Account page, and then install Office on a new PC or Mac. The copy of Office on the PC or Mac that was removed from the subscription will revert to reduced functionality mode, but you will not lose the documents that are saved locally on the original PC.
- What is my Microsoft account and why do I need it for my Office software?
- A Microsoft account is the new name for what used to be called a Windows Live ID. Your Microsoft account is the combination of an email address and a password that you use to sign in to services like Hotmail, Messenger, SkyDrive, Windows Phone, Xbox LIVE, or Outlook.com. If you use an email address and password to sign in to these or other services, you already have a Microsoft accountbut you can also sign up for a new one at any time. With this release of Office, you can associate your Microsoft account with your Office subscription. You need to sign in to your account or create a Microsoft account when you start an Office 365 Home Premium subscription or when you install the latest Office suites. The Microsoft account you use to sign up for your Office 365 subscription or install your Office suite will be the one you sign in with every time you want to manage your account, for example, when you install Office on a new computer in your household, or change your subscription billing details. Any time you want to install Office on another PC or Mac, choose a new language for an installation, or make other changes to your account, all you have to do is return to www.office.com/myaccount and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- What is SkyDrive?
- SkyDrive is a service that enables you to upload files to cloud storage and then access them from a Web browser, PC or Mac, or devicesno manual syncing or cables needed. Use your SkyDrive storage and youll never be without the documents, notes, photos, and videos that matter to you. Just log on to a web browser, sign in to skydrive.com, and go to work viewing or editing.
- What is the difference between the Office Web Apps and Office on Demand?
- Office Web Apps are best suited for quick viewing and editing. Like Office Web Apps, Office on Demand allows users to access Office and their documents from anywhere. The difference is that Office on Demand can quickly stream the full-featured Office applications on any Internet-connected PC running Windows 7 or higher. Office Web Apps are available across a variety of operating systems, devices and browsers, providing access to Office tools and your documents when working from PCs with earlier versions of Windows, as well as from other platforms.
- Which countries are included with Skype world minutes?
- Skype world minutes are not available in all countries and calls may be made only to select countries. To learn more about Skype World Minutes, go to office.com/information Note that special, premium, and non-geographic numbers are not covered by Skype World Minutes. Additionally, it isnt possible to place emergency calls.
- Why does Office save documents to SkyDrive?
- Saving your documents to SkyDrive allows you to easily access and edit them on multiple devices from virtually anywhere. Office 365 Home Premium subscriptions include an additional 20 GB of storage space on SkyDrive for each household member (up to 100GB total) 4. (Note: All SkyDrive users receive 7GB SkyDrive storage for free).
- Will Office be identical on a PC, a Mac, and a mobile device?
- No, Office applications are tailored to work best on each platform and device.
Thank you for submitting your question
- Ask questions relevant to this product.
- Provide as much detail as possible in your question.
- Write your question in English.
- Avoid asking about price and shipping information.
- Do not use obscenities, offensive, or vulgar language.
- Do not include information about other products or websites.
- Do not include personal information such as phone number.
Legal Guidelines for Question Submissions
- In submitting your Questions or other postings ("Questions"), you agree to the following guidelines:
- You grant Webcollage and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, and sub-licensable license to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, adapt, republish, translate, and publicly display the Questions (in whole or in part) and to incorporate the Questions into other works in any format.
- You may not submit any Questions that infringe any third party rights, that contain false or damaging information, or that are unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate.
- You may not submit Questions which contain advertisements, solicitations of business or spam, or which transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs.
- If you were compensated in exchange for submitting a Question, you are REQUIRED to disclose it in your Question. You are also required to disclose if you or a member of your household or immediate family member is an employee of the manufacturer of the product for which you are submitting a Question.
See for yourself.
What's new with Office?
Check off your to-dos faster.
- Experience Office at its best on Windows 8 devices, with an improved user interface optimized for touch, pen, and keyboard.
- An improved look and feel reduces distractions for a better reading experience.
- The new Start screen gives you a selection of recent documents and templates to get going quickly.
Simplify how you share information.
- Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, and more.
- Allow others to scroll through your Word docs in a browser, even if they don’t have Word.
- Focus on your audience with PowerPoint tools that let you zoom in or skip to any slide without seeing the slides in between.
Take advantage of smarter applications.
- Incorporate content from PDFs into Word documents quickly and easily.
- Add pictures, videos, or online media to a Word doc with a simple drag and drop.
- Recommended Charts helps you visualize data quickly and effectively in Excel.
See the difference.
Which version is right for you?
Office Home & Student 2013 is the best value for households who want Office on one PC. But if you're still not sure which version is right for you, check out our comparison chart.
Download or ship your new Office
Choose this option if you:
Choose this option if you:
Computer and Processor
- 1 GHz or faster x86 or 64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 1 GB RAM (32-bit); 2 GB RAM (64-bit) recommended for graphics features, Outlook Instant Search, and certain advanced functionality2
- 3.0 GB available disk space
- 1366 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2 with .NET 3.5 or later
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10; Firefox 10.x or later; Safari 5 (Mac) and Chrome 17.x
- A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. New touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8.
- Internet functionality requires an Internet connection. Fees may apply.
- Speech recognition functionality requires a close-talk microphone and audio output device.
- Microsoft and Skype accounts.
- Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
- 1 An appropriate device, Internet connection and Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari browser are required.
2 GHz processor or
faster and 1 GB RAM or more recommended for OneNote Audio Search. Close-talking microphone required. Audio Search not available in all languages.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability