HP LTO Ultrium x 2 - 400 GB Storage Media Item # 705424
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Backed by HP's unique and exhaustive media selection process, C7972A HP Ultrium 400GB data cartridges support the new HP StorageWorks 460 tape drive. HP Ultrium 2 tapes merge low cost of ownership with exceptional reliability and performance.
- High-performance: delivers up to 60 MB/sec compressed transfer rate
- Comprehensive: is read-backwards compatible with Ultrium 1
- Reliable: combines the best of proven technologies to offer users improvements in capacity and performance
- Open standard: for use in all HP and non-HP Ultrium 2 products
- Easy to use: Possesses a distinctive red cartridge shell. Superior "smart grabber" mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing (a key weakness of DLT media). Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape.
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear
- Lowest media cost per GB at launch of any tape technology
LTO cartridge memory in media improves access time and provides enhanced media monitoring.
|Additional Information||Basefilm: PEN (Polyethylene Napthalate); Recording Density: 188 kbits/inch; Number of Data Tracks: 584; Coercivity: 2100 to 2400 Oe; Tape Thickness (um): 8.9; Day to Day Storage Temperature: 60° to 90° F (16° to 32° C); Maximum Wet Bulb Temperature: 79° F (26° C); Durability: 1000000 passes on any area of tape, equates to over 20000 end-to-end passes/260 full tape backups|
|Product Name||LTO Ultrium 2 Tape Cartridge|
|cartridge type||data cartridge|
|Native Storage Capacity||200 GB|
|Compressed Storage Capacity||400 GB|
|media compressed capacity||200 GB|
|media capacity||100 GB|
|warranty length||limited lifetime|