- Home /
- Product Details
- High-bandwidth 8-port switch lets you add capacity to your network for up to 8 users. Great for demanding, speed-intensive network usage.
- Gigabit Ethernet support provides high-speed data transfers of up to 1000Mbps. Auto-sensing 10/100/1000Mbps ports make setup easy.
- Switch allows 10, 100 and 1000Mbps devices to exist on the same network. Honors Layer 2 priority tags.
- Auto Uplink™ eliminates the need for toggle switches or crossover cables.
- Self-cooling, with no fan, for quiet operation.
- Power, link, speed and activity LED indicators are provided for each port.
- Sleek, space-efficient design allows horizontal or vertical use (vertical stand included).
- Backed by the manufacturer's 2-year limited warranty.
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet|
|plug and play||yes|
|power source||AC Adapter|
|maximum data transfer rate||1000 Mbps|
|Total Number of Network Ports||8|
|Additional Information||Network Latency (100 to 100 Mbps): 20 µ Network Latency (1000 to 1000 Mbps): 10 µ (max)|
|System Requirements||UTP Category 5 cables or better; Gigabit Network card for each PC or server|
|Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports||8|
|Certifications & Standards||IEEE 802.3i: 10BASE-T Ethernet; IEEE 802.3u: 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet; IEEE 802.3ab: 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet; IEEE 802.1p: priority tagsSafety Agency Approvals:; UL (UL 60950); cUL; C-Tick; CE MarkEmissions:; FCC Class A and VCCI Class A; CE Class A|
|package contents||8-port 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Switch GS608; Vertical Stand; Power Adapter; Installation Guide; Warranty/Support Information card|
|Product Name||ProSafe GS608 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch|
|Twisted Pair Cable Standard||Category 5|
|number of users per network||8|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||8 x Gigabit Ethernet Network|
|dimensions||1.2"H x 7"W x 4.6"D|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair|
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|Product Type||Ethernet Switch|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
From the Manufacturer|
The NETGEAR SOHO Ethernet Unmanaged Switches provide easy and affordable network connectivity to home and small offices. They are easy to use and reliable. With these Plug-N-Play switches, you can expand your network connections to multiple devices instantly. This series of switches also implement various energy saving technologies, helping you save power and money.
- Connects up to 10x faster than Fast Ethernet for maximum performance
- Move large files such as multimedia, gaming and Internet access across your network at high speeds
- Fanless design for quiet operation
- Plug-and-play installation delivers ease of use
• Connects up to 5 or 8 devices delivering speeds up to 10x faster than Fast Ethernet†
• Plug-and-play technology
• Dual color LEDs monitor link, speed,and activity
• Supports Fast and Gigabit Ethernet devices with automatic speed-sensing and AutoUplink™ technology
• Supports Windows® and Macintosh® platforms
Upgading to Gigabit Five great reasons to upgrade your network with Gigabit!
1. 10x faster than Fast Ethernet—Gigabit Ethernet delivers speeds of up to 1000 Mbps†
2. Significant boost in performance for bandwidth-intensive applications like video conferencing, video streaming, and gaming
3. Eliminates bottlenecks in your network
4. Backward compatible with 10 Mbps and 100 Mbps network devices
5. Affordable prices make it possible for you to join the technological revolution
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 31 x 177 x 117mm (1.2 x 7.0 x 4.6in)
- Weight: 0.31kg (0.69lb)
- 8-port 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Switch (GS608)
- Vertical stand
- Power adapter
- Installation guide
- Warranty/support information card
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability