- Home /
- Product Details
Like many tablets, Kindle Fire HD uses In-Plane Switching (IPS) to improve color reproduction. But displays that only use IPS still appear washed out at various angles, such as laid sideways when reading in bed, laid flat on a table, or held between you and a friend when sharing a movie. Kindle Fire HD addresses this issue by applying an advanced polarizing filter directly to the LCD panel. This results in a display that shows the same deep contrast and rich, detailed color when viewed at any angle.Kindle Fire HD uses the power of Dolby Digital Plus to create a world class audio experience, with or without headphones. Dolby Digital Plus includes technology used to adjust volume, create virtual surround sound, and deliver easier-to-understand dialog in movies and TV shows. Kindle Fire HD is designed to automatically optimize the audio profile based on what you're doing, such as watching a movie, listening to music, or talking on Skype. It even optimizes the audio differently when you have headphones plugged in, so you can just sit back and enjoy.
- 1GB of RAM keeps your tablet running at peak performance.
- 1.5GHz dual-core CPU provides incredible processing power.
- 7" high-definition LCD display ensures vivid, lifelike text and images. 1280 x 800 resolution with more than 1,000,000 pixels ensures crisp picture and video quality.
- Listen to high-quality audio. Dolby audio with dual stereo speakers makes it easy to enjoy music and videos.
- 8GB hard drive capacity lets you store your favorite texts, documents, photos, videos and more. Free Cloud storage offers expanded storage options.
- Control what your children can and can't access. Kindle FreeTime makes it easy to create profile for your kids, set daily time limits and choose what books, apps, games and videos they can access.
|diagonal screen size||7 inches|
|storage capacity||8 GB|
|hard drive type||Hard Drive|
|tablet operating systems||Fire OS|
|tablet operating system details||Fire OS 3.0|
|Graphics Controller Manufacturer||Imagination Technologies|
|Optical Drive Type||No|
|Product Line||Kindle Fire HD|
|package contents||Kindle Fire HD 7" Tablet; AC Adapter; USB 2.0 Cable; Quick Start Guide|
|sensor type||Accelerometer; Gyro Sensor|
|computer battery type||Amazon|
|Display Screen Technology||In-plane Switching (IPS) Technology|
|Product Name||Kindle Fire HD 7" Tablet|
|wired connectivity||10/100/1000 Ethernet|
|Audio Line Out||Yes|
|model||Kindle Fire HD|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n|
|tablet processor speed||1.5 GHz|
|Wi-Fi capability included (Wi-Fi ready)||yes|
|screen type||high-definition LCD display|
|processor type||1.5GHz dual-core CPU|
|maximum battery life||10 hours|
|keyboard type||Touchscreen Keyboard|
|Pixel Density||216 ppi|
|screen resolution||1280 x 800|
|Processor Core||Dual-core (2 Core)|
|memory card reader||no|
|Total Number of Micro USB Ports||1|
|ports||USB 2.0 micro-B connector|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Display Screen Type||Active Matrix TFT Color LCD|
|audio hardware||Dolby audio; dual stereo speakers|
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability