APC Back-UPS CS 500VA Tower UPS Item # 726143
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The Back-UPS battery backup offers guaranteed power and surge protection for wireless networks, computers, gaming consoles and other electronics in your home or business. Models supply battery backup during outages and unsafe voltage fluctuations, as well as provide protection from damaging surges and spikes. They’re available in 'tower' or 'floor' styles, and together with a variety of standard features, they are the perfect choice to protect your data and keep you connected.
|Load Capacity (Watt)||300 W|
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||3 Minute|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||8 Hour|
|Additional Information||Lifetime data recovery warranty; Serial Connectivity; USB Connectivity|
|Certifications & Standards||UL 1449, FCC Part 15 Class B, Industry Canada, UL 1778, cUL Listed|
|Output Voltage||120 V AC|
|battery type||Sealed Lead Acid|
|package contents||Back-UPS CS 500VA Tower UPS; CD With Software; Cord Management Straps; USB Cable; User Manual|
|Product Name||Back-UPS CS 500VA Tower UPS|
|manufacturer||American Power Conversion Corp|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA 5-15|
|Battery Characteristics||Spill-proof, Maintenance-free|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||15 Minute|
|Load Capacity (VA)||500 VA|
|Receptacles||3 x NEMA 5-15R|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
Product Q & A
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
From the Manufacturer|
- Backup power for computers, networking devices, gaming systems, and more
- Surge protection for electronics and phone/data lines
- Three of six outlets provide battery backup
- ENERGY STAR certified
- $100,000 equipment protection policy
- Three-year limited warranty
Backup Power for Important Devices
The APC by Schneider Electric Back-UPS BK350 keeps home and office electronics running in the event of a power outage. Unexpected outages can damage computer, gaming, and networking equipment while causing the loss of data and work productivity. The APC Back-UPS BK350 provides battery backup power so you can safely shut down your devices or work right through short outages. The BK350 includes PowerChute power and energy management software to maximize your protection and prevent data corruption. This Back-UPS unit offers six surge protected outlets, three of which provide battery backup, and a 210-watt/350-volt ampere output power capacity.
Protection from Dangerous Surges and SpikesThe APC Back-UPS BK500 shields devices from sudden voltage surges that can damage sensitive electronic equipment. Additionally, the BK500 also protects phones, faxes, and modems from dangerous "backdoor" surges and spikes travelling along data lines. Just route the phone or data line through your BK350 to protect your devices from lightning, surges and spikes.
Auto-Shutdown Software IncludedAPC PowerChute Personal Edition power and energy management software is included. PowerChute prevents data corruption by automatically saving files and shutting down your system in an extended power outage or low-battery condition. PowerChute monitors and displays energy usage and reduces costs via customized energy management planning. Connect the included USB cable to your computer to easily use the software.
ENERGY STAR Certified for Energy EfficiencyThe BK500 has earned the ENERGY STAR rating for efficient operation and its ability to help realize lower energy costs.
Warranty and Equipment Protection PolicyThis Back-UPS is covered by a three-year limited warranty. This product also comes with a lifetime equipment protection policy of up to $100,000. APC will repair or replace office equipment that sustains surge-related damage while properly connected to a registered APC Back-UPS unit.
Package ContentsAPC Back-UPS BK500 unit with 6-foot power cord, PowerChute Personal Edition software CD, cord management straps, USB cable, and user manual.
Back-UPS Product Selector
- Output Power Capacity: 300 Watts / 500 VA
- Max Configurable Power: 300 Watts / 500 VA
- Nominal Ouput Voltage: 120V
- Outpout Frequency (sync to mains): 50/60Hz +/- 3Hz
- Topology: Standby
- Waveform Type: Stepped approximation to a sinewave
- Output Connections: (3) NEMA 5-15R (Battery Backup), (3) NEMA 5-15R (Surge Protection)
- Nominal Input Voltage: 120V
- Input Frequency: 50/60Hz +/- 3Hz (auto sensing)
- Input Connections: NEMA 5-15P
- Cord Length: 1.83 meters
- Input Voltage Range for Main Operations: 98 - 140V
Batteries & Runtime
- Battery Type: Maintenance-free sealed Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte : leakproof
- Typical Recharge Time1 : 16 hour(s)
- RBC Quantity: 1
Communications & Management
- Interface Port(s): USB
- Control Panel: LED status display with On Line : On Battery : Replace Battery and Overload indicators
- Audible Alarm: Alarm when on battery : distinctive low battery alarm : overload continuous tone alarm
Surge Protection & Filtering
- Surge Energy Rating: 480 Joules
- Filtering: Full time multi-pole noise filtering : 5% IEEE surge let-through : zero clamping response time : meets UL 1449
- Data Line Protection: Analog phone line for phone/fax/modem/DSL (RJ-11 connector)
- Maximum Height: 6.50 in
- Maximum Width: 3.60 in
- Maximum Depth: 11.20 in
- Net Weight: 13.80 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 15.30 lbs
- Shipping Height: 10.35 in
- Shipping Width: 6.89 in
- Shipping Depth: 14.06 in
- Color: Beige
- Regulatory Approvals: cUL Listed, California (CEC) Battery Charger, ENERGY STAR (USA), FCC Part 15 Class B, Industry Canada, UL 1778
Sustainable Offer Status
- RoHS: Compliant
- REACH: Contains no SVCHCs
- 1 The time to recharge to 90% of full battery capacity following a discharge to shutdown using a load rated for 1/2 the full load rating of the UPS.