HP ProLiant DL380 G9 2U Rack Server - 1 x Intel Xeon E5-2609 v3 Hexa-core (6 Core) 1.90 GHz - 8 GB Installed DDR4 SDRAM - Serial ATA/600 Controller - 0, 1, 5, 10 RAID Levels - 1 x 500 W Item # 728066
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
What is your server bottleneck...storage, processing, expansion? The world's best-selling server just got better. The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server delivers the latest performance and expandability. Reliability, serviceability and near continuous availability, backed by a comprehensive warranty, makes it ideal for any server environment. Deploy the data center standard. Designed to reduce costs and complexity, leveraging Intel's latest E5-2600 v4 processors with 21% performance gain, plus the latest HPE 2400 MHZ DDR4 SmartMemory supporting 3.0 TB and up to 23% performance increase. Supporting 12 Gb/s SAS, 40 Gb NIC with broad range compute options. HPE Persistent Memory, the world's first NVDIMM optimized on ProLiant, offering unprecedented levels of performance for databases and analytic workloads. Run everything from the most basic to mission critical applications, and can be deployed with confidence.
|80 PLUS Certification||80 PLUS Platinum|
|Compatibility||Microsoft Windows Server; Canonical Ubuntu; Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL); SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES); Oracle Solaris; VMware; Citrix XenServer|
|controller type||Serial ATA/600|
|Effective Memory Speed||1600 MHz|
|Ethernet Ports||4 x Gigabit Ethernet|
|Graphics Controller Manufacturer||Matrox|
|Graphics Controller Model||G200eH2|
|Graphics Memory Capacity||Up to 16 MB|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC; 230 V AC|
|Maximum Power Supply Wattage||500 W|
|memory card reader||yes|
|Memory Card Supported||microSD|
|Memory Technology||DDR4 SDRAM|
|Number of 3.5" Bays||4|
|Number of PCI Express x16 Slots||2|
|Number of PCI Express x8 Slots||1|
|Number of Power Supplies Installed||1|
|Number of Processors Installed||1|
|Number of Processors Supported||2|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||3|
|Number of Total Memory Slots||24|
|operating system details||none|
|ports||1 Ethernet (RJ-45); 5 USB 3.0|
|Processor Core||Hexa-core (6 Core)|
|processor model||E5-2609 v3|
|processor speed||1.90 GHz|
|processor type||Intel Xeon|
|Product Series||DL380 G9|
|QuickPath Interconnect||6.40 GT/s|
|RAID Levels||0, 1, 5, 10|
|RAID Levels (SDE)||0; 1; 5; 10|
|RAM Supported||PC4-17000 - 384 GB registered ¦ PC4-17000 - 768 GB Load-Reduced|
|Remote Management Controller||Integrated Lights-Out 4|
|Standard Memory||8 GB|
|Storage Controller Name||HP Dynamic Smart Array B140i|
|Total Number of USB Ports||5|
|wired connectivity||10/100/1000 Ethernet|
|Show More ▾|
HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 E5-2609v3 1P 8GB-R B140i 4LFF SATA 500W PS Entry Server
|What is your server bottleneck...storage, processing, expansion? The world’s best-selling server1 just got better. The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server delivers the latest in performance and expandability. Reliability, serviceability and near continuous availability, backed by a comprehensive warranty, make it ideal for any server environment. Deploy the data center standard. Designed to reduce costs and complexity, it leverages Intel’s latest E5-2600 v4 processors with 21%2 performance gain, plus the latest 2400 MHz HPE DDR4 SmartMemory supporting up to 3 TB and up to 23%3 performance increase. Additional support for 12 Gb/s SAS, 40 Gb NIC with a broad range of compute options. HPE Persistent Memory, the world’s first NVDIMM optimized on HPE ProLiant, offering unprecedented levels of performance for databases and analytic workloads. It runs everything from the most basic to mission-critical applications, and can be deployed with confidence.|
What is New
Flexible Design Makes Your Investment "Future Proof" so it can Grow as Your Business Needs Expand
- The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server has a flexible redesigned chassis, including new HPE Universal Media Bay configuration options with 8 to 24 SFF and 4 or 12 LFF drive options along with NVMe options and additional rear drive support for expandability and investment protection.
- HPE Persistent Memory, the first Non-volatile DIMM (NVDIMM) optimized on HPE ProLiant, offering unprecedented levels of performance and data resiliency for databases and analytic workloads.
- In conjunction with the embedded SATA HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller for boot, data and media needs, the redesigned HPE Flexible Smart Array and HPE Smart SAS HBA Controllers allow you the flexibility to choose the optimal 12 Gb/s controller most suited to your environment.
- You have a choice of embedded 4x1GbE, HPE FlexibleLOM or PCIe standup 1GbE to 40GbE adapters provide you flexibility of networking bandwidth and fabric so you can adapt and grow to changing business needs.
World-class Performance and Industry-leading Energy Efficiency
- The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server supports industry standard Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 and E5-2600 v4 processors with up to 22 cores, 12G SAS and 3.0 TB of HPE DDR4 SmartMemory.3
- High efficiency redundant HPE Flexible Slot Power Supplies provide up to 96% efficiency (Titanium), HPE Flexible Slot Battery Backup module and support for the HPE Power Discovery Services offering.
- Improved ambient temperature standards with HPE Extended Ambient Operating Support (ASHRAE A3 and A4) and optional performance heatsinks help to reduce cooling costs.4
- Enhanced performance with active and passive, single and double-wide GPU support for workload acceleration.
Agile Infrastructure Management for Accelerating IT Service Delivery
- With HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server, HPE OneView provides infrastructure management for automation simplicity across servers, storage and networking.
- Online personalized dashboard for converged infrastructure health monitoring and support management with HPE Insight Online.
- Configure in Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) boot mode to provision local and remote servers with HPE iLO with Intelligent Provisioning and Scripting Toolkits.
- Embedded management to deploy, monitor and support your server remotely, out of band with HPE iLO.
- Optimize firmware and driver updates and reduce downtime with HPE Smart Update, consisting of HPE Smart Update Manager (SUM) and HPE Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP).
Industry Leading Serviceability
- The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server comes with a set of HPE Technology Services, delivering confidence, reducing risk and helping customers realize agility and stability. HPE provides consulting to transform your infrastructure; services to deploy, migrate and support your ProLiant Servers.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise provides consulting advice to transform and modernize your infrastructure; services to deploy, migrate and support your new HPE ProLiant Servers and education to help you succeed quickly.
|Processor||Intel® Xeon® E5-2609 v3 (6 core, 1.9 GHz, 15MB, 85W)|
|Number of processors||1|
|Processor core available||6|
|Memory slots||24 DIMM slots|
|Memory type||1R x4 PC4-2133P-R|
|Memory, standard||8GB (1x8GB) RDIMM|
|Optical drive type||External support only|
|Network controller||Broadcom 4x1Gbe|
|Storage controller||Dynamic Smart Array B140i|
PCIe 3.0, For detail descriptions reference the QuickSpecs
|System fan features||4-single rotor fans|
|Power supply type||(1) 500W Flex Slot Platinum hot plug power supply kit|
|Form factor chassis||Rack|
|Form factor (fully configured)||2U|
|Included hard drives||
(4) LFF SATA
4 LFF Chassis, embedded SATA controller
|Infrastructure management||iLO Management (standard), Intelligent Provisioning (standard), iLO Advanced (optional), HP OneView (optional), HP Insight Control (optional)|
|Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)||17.54 x 26.75 x 3.44 in|
|Weight||32.6 lb (minimum)|