SonicWALL NSA 250M Wireless-N Firewall Appliance Item # 734743
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Dell SonicWALL NSA 250M Series high-performance, modular Next-Generation Firewalls offer branch offices and distributed enterprises in-depth frontline security, application and user control, network productivity and optional 802.11 dual-band wireless. The NSA 250M acts as the first line of network defense against viruses, Trojans, key-loggers and other application layer attacks, without compromising network performance. The NSA 250M can be extended with a variety of modules, such as T1/E1, DSL and SFP Modules, in order to provide deployment flexibility and additional failover capabilities. By consolidating equipment, the modular solution reduces acquisition and maintenance costs.
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet|
|power source||Power Supply|
|Flash Memory||32 MB|
|Features||NAT; IPSec NAT Traversal; PAT; NAT Traversal (NAT-T)|
|Compatible Rack Unit||1U|
|Encryption Standard||DES; 3DES; AES (128-bit); AES (192-bit); AES (256-bit); SHA-1; MD5|
|Environmental Certification||RoHS; WEEE|
|Product Name||NSA 250M Wireless-N Firewall Appliance|
|Number of Antennas||3|
|Antenna Gain||5 dBi|
|Memory Card Supported||CompactFlash|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11n|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Standard Memory||512 MB|
|Total Number of Ports||5|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||1|
|Virtualization||50 x Site-to-Site VPN Tunnel; 35 x 802.1Q VLAN Support; 3000 x Connections Per Second; 110000 x Concurrent User; 15 x SSL VPN Client|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
Deep security that grows with your business
The NSA 250M is designed specifically with the needs of growing small businesses and branch offices in mind. The hardware and associated security services prevent intrusions, block malware and control access to questionable web content. Featuring Dell’s patented single-pass Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection® engine, the NSA 250M leverages the power of more than one million connected sensors around the world, so organizations are protected from the newest threats as they emerge.
- Intrusion prevention with sophisticated anti-evasion technology
- Network-based anti-malware with CloudAssist for 24x7 protection from over 14M variants of malware
- Optional integrated 802.11n access point with Clean Wireless technology
- Easy-to-integrate user authentication (SSO/LDAP/RADIUS) support for numerous user identification technologies
- WAN Failover/Load Balancing – supported out of the box for easy configuration
- SSL decryption and inspection to protect against threats hidden in encrypted traffic
- Over 50 categories of content/URL filtering to prevent undesirable web content
- Easy to use real-time application visibility, control, and bandwidth management
Next-Generation FirewallThe NSA 250M provides intrusion prevention, application visibility and control, bandwidth management, network-based malware protection, SSL decryption and inspection and content/URL filtering on a high-performance platform through its comprehensive and intuitive management interface. This powerful combination ensures state-of-the-art security at a low total cost of ownership.
High PerformanceDell SonicWALL’s patented1 Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection engine combined with the NSA 250M’s quad-core security platform is capable of inspecting thousands of simultaneous connections across all ports. The NSA 250M provides Deep Packet Inspection across all interfaces with nearly zero latency and without file size limitation.
Secure Mobile AccessAll Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls deliver secure remote access from a wide variety of platforms including Windows, Linux and Mac OS, enabling organizations to enforce security and access control rules as part of a multilayered BYOD strategy. For mobile devices running iOS or Android, SonicWALL Mobile Connect provides users with simple, policy-enforced access to corporate and academic resources over encrypted SSL VPN connections.
- Next-Generation Firewall
- Intrusion Prevention System
- Network-based malware protection
- Application visibility, control and bandwidth management
- Deep Packet Inspection of SSL-encrypted traffic
- Secure mobile access for a wide variety of platforms
- Integrated wireless controller
- Powerful real-time reporting
- High availability to ensure maximum business continuity
- Centralized policy management
- Support for IPFIX/NetFlow Exporting
- Intuitive graphical user interface
- Easy-to-configure site-to-site VPN
- ‘N-1’ WAN Failover
Service & Support Subscriptions
Gateway Anti-Malware, Intrusion Prevention, Application Intelligence and Control
- Gateway Anti-Malware - Gateway anti-virus and anti-spyware deliver high performance protection against millions of unique pieces of malware with near zero latency and no file size limitation. This provides a first layer of defense and stops malware before it can reach systems on your network.
- Intrusion Prevention - Tightly integrated, countermeasure-based network intrusion prevention protects against a comprehensive array of network and application layer threats by scanning packet payloads for attacks and exploits that attack critical internal systems.
- Application Intelligence and Control - Dell SonicWALL provides real-time insight and control of network traffic broken down by applications, users and content through intuitive on-board visualization. The ability to prioritize important applications, throttle down unproductive applications and block unwanted application components ensures an efficient and safe network.
Content Filtering ServiceDell SonicWALL Content Filtering Service provides granular controls and unequalled content filtering to enforce internet use policies and block access to websites containing information or images that are objectionable or unproductive.
Support ServicesAvailable 8x5 or 24x7, Dell SonicWALL Support Services include telephone, email and Web-based technical support, software and firmware update and upgrades, Advance Exchange hardware replacement, plus access to electronic support tools and moderated discussion groups.
Comprehensive Anti-Spam ServiceWith 94% of email classified as junk, sorting good email from bad can be an administrative nightmare. By adding Dell™ SonicWALL™ Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service (CASS) to a Dell SonicWALL firewall, your business can remove junk email at the gateway and quickly ensure the delivery of only good email to your email server. With one-click activation, businesses with up to 250 users can easily stop spam before it enters the network.
Deep Packet Inspection of SSL encrypted traffic (DPI-SSL)DPI-SSL transparently decrypts, inspects and then re-encrypts SSL encrypted traffic to allow security services to be applied to all traffic that traverses Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls.
Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite - Service & Support Bundle
Dell SonicWALL Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite (CGSS) combines security, productivity and support in a single solution with a low cost of ownership that provides an increased ROI compared with buying each of the services individually. Available on Dell SonicWALL firewalls, CGSS turns your Dell SonicWALL into a complete security and productivity platform.
- Gateway Anti-Malware, Intrusion Prevention, Application Intelligence and Control
- Content Filtering Service
- 24x7 Support
Service & Software License Options
Analyzer Reporting SoftwareDell™ SonicWALL™ Analyzer is an easy-to-use application traffic flow analytics and reporting tool that provides real-time and historical insight into the performance and security of the network.
Global Management System (GMS)The Dell SonicWALL Global Management System (GMS) is a powerful and intuitive solution to centrally manage and rapidly deploy Dell SonicWALL firewall, anti-spam, and secure remote access solutions. Flexibly deployed as software, hardware, or a virtual appliance, Dell SonicWALL GMS offers centralized real-time monitoring, and comprehensive policy and compliance reporting.
Enforced Client Anti-Virus and Anti-SpywareThe Dell SonicWALL Enforced Client Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware service provides an added layer of protection by automatically ensuring network users are actively running the most current McAfee anti-virus software.