- Home /
- Product Details
Does your data center face the challenges of keeping pace with data growth while effectively managing and protecting your data? Do you need a cost-effective, enterprise-class server that can grow with you? The HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server delivers essential performance for data centers to meet their compute and storage needs today with scalability to grow as business requirements change. With improved performance, security and efficiency, the HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server helps businesses stay ahead of data growth quickly and easily. Its embedded management tools simplify server administration and automate mundane IT tasks, saving businesses valuable time and resources. Proactive, automated service support ensures quick resolution to issues. The HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 provides a cost-effective solution for data centers requiring essential compute and storage today with changing requirements over time.
|80 PLUS Certification||80 PLUS Gold|
|Certifications & Standards||ACPI 2.0b Compliant; PCIe 3.0 Compliant; PXE Support; WOL Support; Microsoft Logo certifications; USB 2.0 Compliant; FCC Class A; CISPR 22; EN55022; EN55024; FCC CFR 47, Pt 15; ICES-003; CNS14336-1; CNS13438; GB4943; GB9254; EN 61000-3-2; EN 61000-3-3; EN 60950-1; IEC 60950-1|
|Compatibility||Microsoft Windows Server; Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL); SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES); Oracle Solaris; VMware|
|controller type||Serial ATA/600|
|Effective Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Environmental Certification||WEEE; REACH|
|Ethernet Ports||4 x Gigabit Ethernet|
|Graphics Controller Manufacturer||Matrox|
|Graphics Controller Model||G200|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Maximum Power Supply Wattage||460 W|
|memory card reader||Yes|
|Memory Card Supported||SD|
|Memory Technology||DDR3L SDRAM|
|Number of 3.5" Bays||8|
|Number of External 5.25" Bays||1|
|Number of PCI Express x16 Slots||1|
|Number of PCI Express x8 Slots||3|
|Number of Power Supplies Installed||1|
|Number of Processors Installed||1|
|Number of Processors Supported||2|
|Number of Total Expansion Bays||9|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||4|
|Number of Total Memory Slots||12|
|operating system details||none|
|Optical Drive Type||No|
|ports||1 Ethernet (RJ-45); 7 USB 2.0|
|Processor Core||Quad-core (4 Core)|
|processor model||E5-2403 v2|
|processor speed||1.80 GHz|
|processor type||Intel Xeon|
|Product Series||DL380e G8|
|QuickPath Interconnect||6.40 GT/s|
|RAID Levels||0, 1, 10|
|RAID Levels (SDE)||0; 1; 10|
|RAM Supported||PC3-12800 - 192 GB - registered ¦ PC3-10600 - 384 GB - Load-Reduced ¦ PC3-10600 - 96 GB - low voltage - unbuffered - ECC ¦ PC3-10600 - 192 GB - low voltage - registered ¦ PC3-12800 - 96 GB - unbuffered - ECC|
|Rated Memory Speed||1600 MHz|
|Remote Management Controller||Integrated Lights-Out 4|
|Standard Memory||4 GB|
|Storage Controller Name||HP Dynamic Smart Array B120i|
|Total Number of USB Ports||7|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|wired connectivity||10/100/1000 Ethernet|
HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 E5-2403v2 4GB-R B120i Hot Plug SATA 4 LFF 460W PS Server
|Does your data center face the challenges of keeping pace with data growth while effectively managing and protecting your data? Do you need a cost-effective, enterprise-class server that can grow with you? The HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server delivers essential performance for data centers to meet their compute and storage needs today with scalability to grow as business requirements change. With improved performance, security and efficiency, the HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server helps businesses stay ahead of data growth quickly and easily. Its embedded management tools simplify server administration and automate mundane IT tasks, saving businesses valuable time and resources. Proactive, automated service support ensures quick resolution to issues. The HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 provides a cost-effective solution for data centers requiring essential compute and storage today with changing requirements over time.|
Essential Performance and Configuration Flexibility to Accommodate Data Growth
- The HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server provides a wide selection of controllers, drives, I/O expansion, and rear drive options for customers to meet their varying storage requirements today, with scalability to extend their solution tomorrow in a cost-effective manner.
- Supports up to two Intel® Xeon® E5-2400 v2 processors offering improved performance, efficiency and security.
- Provides flexible configuration for customers who need large storage capacity as well as those who want to benefit from the high performance storage controllers. Supports up to twenty-seven (27) 2.5-inch SFF or fourteen (14) 3.5-inch LFF SAS, SATA, or SSD drives.
- Increase your storage capacity and stay ahead of data growth with HP Dynamic Workload Acceleration, which converges storage, compute, and I/O to turbo-charge performance and eliminate bottlenecks.
High Availability and Efficiency for the Dense Storage Environment
- The HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server provides a range of features that ensure data security and high availability. It includes ECC memory protection, TPM, secured bezel, as well as redundant power supply and fan options.
- Latest HP Smart Array Controllers are designed to maximize data availability, performance and capacity.
- HP SmartMemory, with speeds up to 1600 MHz at low voltage, now prevents data loss and downtime with enhanced error handling, while improving performance and power efficiency. Maximum memory supported is 384 GB.
- HP Common Slot Power Supplies provide 96% server power efficiency to reduce power consumption, while HP Automated Energy Optimization reclaims space, power, and cooling resources to extend your data center capacity.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified server configurations illustrate a continued commitment to helping customers conserve energy and save money.
Built-in Innovations that Simplify Management and Free Up Limited IT Resources
- With embedded management tools, the HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server simplifies server management and maintenance tasks enabling quick and simple deployment (HP Intelligent Provisioning), system health monitoring (HP Active Health System), and ease of firmware updates (HP Smart Update Manager).
- HP Smart Storage Administrator provides a single display screen for management and configuration of all HP Smart Storage products and solutions.
- User-inspired design features that prevent data loss, reduce downtime, and improve serviceability include HP SmartDrives, HP Smart Socket guides, rail kit options, and tool-less access to components.
Proactive Service and Support to Redefine Service Experience
- The HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server offers HP proactive support services, which integrate industry leading performance, uptime, and productivity into a personalized, simplified support experience.
- HP Insight Online with HP Insight Remote Support provides 24x7 remote monitoring and anywhere, anytime personalized access to your IT and support status.
- Through HP ServiceOne partners, you get responsive qualified partners to help you plan, manage and deliver solutions spanning the entire IT lifecycle.
|Processor||Intel® Xeon® E5-2403 v2 (4 core, 1.8 GHz, 10MB, 80W)|
|Number of processors||1|
|Processor cache||10MB L3|
|Processor core available||4|
|Memory type||1R x4 PC3L-10600R-9|
|Memory, standard||4GB (1x4GB) RDIMM|
|Optical drive type||Optional|
(1) 1Gb 366i Ethernet Adapter 4 Ports per controller
Applicable to all models
|Storage controller||(1) Dynamic Smart Array B120i/ZM|
For detail descriptions reference the QuickSpec
|Power supply type||(1) 460W Gold hot plug power supply kit Common Slot|
|Form factor chassis||Rack|
|Form factor (fully configured)||2U|
|Included hard drives||
None ship standard
Supports up to (8) LFF SAS/SATA hot plug drives
Hot plug SFF SAS
Hot plug SFF SATA
Hot plug SFF SSD
Hot plug LFF 3.5-inch SAS
Hot plug LFF 3.5-inch SATA
|Infrastructure management||iLO Management Engine, Insight Control (optional)|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||17.54 x 27.5 x 3.44 in|
|Memory slots||12 DIMM slots|
|Memory protection features||
Memory Online Spare Mode
Memory Lock Step Mode
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability