- Home /
- Product Details
Tripp Lite Smart Online UPS systems offer high performance power protection ideal for critical server and network equipment in datacenters, computer rooms and network closets. Online, double-conversion Uninterruptible Power Supply(UPS) maintains perfectly regulated output power by continuously converting raw AC input to DC, then re-converting output back to AC. Fully regulated sine wave AC output with +/-2% voltage regulation powers network equipment continuously, even during severe brownouts and overvoltages, all without depleting UPS battery reserves. Maintains battery-derived AC output during power failures with zero transfer time. Extended runtime options available. High 97% efficient operation in optional economy mode saves BTU heat output and energy costs. Network management interfaces support communications via USB, RS-232, contact-closure and PRE-INSTALLED SNMPWEBCARD network interface. Built-in DB9 port offers both enhanced RS-232 data and basic contact closure monitoring ability. HID-compliant USB interface enables integration with built-in power management and auto shutdown features of Windows and Mac OS X. Includes PowerAlert monitoring software and complete cabling. Emergency Power Off(EPO) interface. LED display reports UPS operating mode, line power availability, battery mode operation, inverter operation and output power availability. Audible alarm with push-button momentary alarm-cancel. Programmable self-test. Fault-tolerant auto-bypass mode. Field-replaceable, hot-swappable internal batteries and external battery packs.
|Alarm||UPS StartUp; Power Failure; Low Battery; Overload; UPS Fault; Remote Shutdown|
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||4.50 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||14 Minute|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|Certifications & Standards||UL1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC Part 15 Category A (EMI)|
|cord length||10 ft|
|Dataline Protection||RJ-11; RJ-45|
|Emergency Power OFF||Yes|
|form factor||Tower/Rack Mountable|
|Frequency Provided||50/60 Hz|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA 5-15|
|Input Current||16 A|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC|
|Load Capacity (VA)||2200 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||1600 W|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||6 Hour|
|Network Management||SNMP Manageable|
|Output Voltage||120 V AC|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA 5-20P|
|ports||1 serial; 1 USB|
|protection type||Over Voltage; Under Voltage; EMI / RFI; Brownout|
|Receptacles||6 x NEMA 5-15/20R; 1 x NEMA L5-20R|
|software included||PowerAlert Software|
|Sound Emission||45 dB|
|Status Indicators||14 LEDs indicate line power, online mode, economy/bypass mode, on-battery, overload, battery low, replace battery and fault status information; 4-LED meter displays load and battery charge levels; LED panel rotates for viewing in rack/tower formats|
|Surge Energy Rating||570 J|
|Thermal Dissipation||238.24 W|
|Total Number of Expansion Slots||1|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Waveform Type||Sine Wave; Pure Sine Wave|
|Weight (Approximate)||47.40 lb|
|What's Included||SU2200RTXL2UN UPS with Pre-installed SNMPWEBCARD; Poweralert Software and Cabling; Mounting Hardware For 4 Post Rack Enclosures; Instruction Manual|
SU2200RTXL2UN SmartOnline® Double-Conversion Rack/Tower Sine Wave UPS with Expandable Runtime, Pre-Installed Network Card
POWER PROTECTION AND EXPANDABLE BATTERY BACKUP
for servers and network hardware
This on-line, double-conversion UPS system protects critical network systems from damage, downtime and data loss.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?The success of your organization depends on critical information systems like servers and network hardware. If your critical systems don't have reliable power, employees can't work, communications go down, automated systems malfunction and productivity grinds to a halt. It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and hazards lurking inside your own walls, your servers and network hardware are under attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can damage your equipment, corrupt your data, bring down your network and hurt your bottom line.
The potential costs of downtime are alarming. Surveyed averages range from $1,167 per minute for mid-size businesses (IDC) to $7,908 per minute for larger operations (Ponemon Institute). For a tiny fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this SmartOnline UPS system. True on-line double conversion is the highest level of power protection available. It provides precise voltage regulation, delivers continuous sine wave output and isolates equipment from power problems.
Common ApplicationsProtect Mission-Critical Servers and Network Hardware
Application Servers, Storage Servers, Database Servers, File Servers, Virtualization Servers, Proxy Servers, Web Servers, Cloud Platform Servers, Media Servers, VoIP Servers, Converged Infrastructure, Network Switches, PoE Switches, Firewalls, Network Appliances, Bridges, Gateways, Routers
Protect Equipment with Active PFC Power Supplies
Active PFC power supplies found in many devices require sine wave power.
Expandable Battery Backup
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (800W) for up to 14 minutes using the included batteries.
- Extended Runtime: This UPS system allows you to connect one or more optional external battery packs to provide additional backup runtime. Some external battery packs can also be daisy-chained, allowing you to scale runtime to match almost any application requirement.
- Hot-Swappable Batteries: You can add or replace batteries without turning off the UPS system and disrupting the operation of connected equipment.
On-Line, Double-Conversion OperationThis UPS system provides the highest level of power protection available:
- Continuous on-line, double-conversion operation provides precise voltage regulation and sine wave output. It isolates connected equipment from most power problems, including blackouts, brownouts, overvoltages, transient voltages surges, electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise, harmonic distortion, electrical impulses and frequency variations.
- Zero transfer time to battery prevents malfunctions and reboots of sensitive equipment potentially caused by the transition from line power to battery-derived power during outages.
- Fault-tolerant automatic bypass maintains utility output and avoids downtime during a variety of fault and overload conditions.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are several ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the front-panel LEDs for convenient local management.
- Use the USB port with your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB or serial port with your computer and Tripp Lite's PowerAlert® software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. Select UPS models include a convenient CD-ROM, or you can download the latest version of PowerAlert for free at Tripp Lite's website.
- Use the pre-installed network card for standalone network management via SNMP, Web, SSH or telnet. The network card has an Ethernet connection and embedded graphical user interface, allowing you to access advanced monitoring, control and notification features without connecting the UPS system to a computer. The network card also supports connecting one or more optional sensors for remote temperature, humidity and contact closure monitoring.
LED Control PanelIntuitive multicolor LEDs display a variety of helpful and important information:
- During an outage, the battery meter displays the percentage level of battery charge remaining.
- During normal operation, the load meter displays the equipment load as a percentage of maximum capacity.
- Other diagnostic LEDs display several fault conditions (including wiring faults in the wall outlet) and warning conditions (including the need to recharge or replace the UPS system's internal battery). They also indicate UPS system operational status, including normal on-line operation, economy mode operation, bypass operation (due to fault or overload) or on-battery operation (due to a blackout or severe brownout).
- Economy Mode: This UPS system provides user-selectable economy mode operation to increase efficiency and cut operating costs. In economy mode, the UPS system suspends double conversion and operates with increased efficiency as long as input power quality is satisfactory. If input power quality becomes unsatisfactory, the UPS system immediately resumes double conversion until power quality returns to normal.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 2-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SU2200RTXL2UN
Load Capacity: 2200 VA (1600 W)
Power Factor: 0.7
Nominal AC Input: 110V; 120V (50/60 Hz)
Nominal AC Output: 110V; 120V (50/60 Hz)
Output Voltage Regulation (Line Mode): +/- 2%
AC Outlets: 6 x 5-15/20R; 1 x L5-20R
Switched Outlet Banks: 2 switchable 3-outlet 5-15/20R load banks
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Input Cord: 10 ft. (3 m) Cord with 5-20P Plug
Half-Load Runtime (Included Batteries): 14 min. (800 W Load)
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (RBC94-2U)
Expandable Battery Runtime: Yes (Requires Optional External Battery Pack)
Compatible External Battery Packs: BP48V24-2U (Limit 1); BP48V60RT-3U (Multi-Pack Compatible); BP48V27-2US (Multi-Pack Compatible)
Data Line Protection: Tel/Network (1 Line)
Communications: USB Port (HID-Compliant); Serial Port (DB9); Contact Closure; Pre-installed Network Card; EPO
Primary Form Factor: 2U Rack (Supports 4-post rack installation with included kit. Add 2POSTRMKITWM for 2-post rack or wall-mount installation. Add 2-9USTAND for tower installation.)
Dimensions: 3.5 x 17.5 x 19 in. (8.9 x 44.5 x 15.3 cm)
Unit Weight: 47.4 lb. (21.5 kg)
Standards: UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC A (EMI); RoHS
Product Warranty (Worldwide): 2-Year Limited Warranty
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What's Included: UPS, Pre-installed Network Card, 4-Post Rack Installation Kit, USB/Serial/EPO Cabling, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability