OKI® Microline® 491 Dot Matrix Printer Item # 758152
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Wide carriage allows you to use a variety of paper widths
- Versatile! Accepts standard-size and wide paper. Whether you need regular output of continuous multi-part forms, fine business correspondence, or combinations of both, the Microline 491 is your single solution.
- Great for point-of-sale, automation and utility applications. The Microline 491 is built to handle the printing needs of the most demanding environments. In addition to producing letter-quality type and high-resolution graphics for everyday printouts, it's also designed for point-of-sale, automation and utility applications such as wholesale or retail sales counters, financial departments, and manufacturing or ware-house sites.
- Built-in fan provides continuous airflow. This rugged printer is designed to perform demanding tasks hour after hour, and the internal fan keeps cool air circulating to maximize productivity and ensure that it doesn't overheat during long, unattended print jobs.
- Powerful printhead processes 5-part documents. The printhead on the Microline 491 is made up of strong samarium magnets and stored energy pins that deliver precise, well-defined characters all the way through to the last page of a 5-part form. An expandable head gap accommodates multi-part forms and extra-thick stock.
- Durable construction saves you time and money. This printer includes a printhead with an average life expectancy of 200 million characters, offering you built-in reliability and sparing you the time and expense of frequent repairs.
- Efficient printing — up to 475 characters per second. Operating at up to 475 characters per second, this 24-pin impact printer handles the hard assignments at a pace that won't keep you waiting.
- Small footprint — great for countertops. At just 6"H x 21.7"W x 13.6"D, this hardy printer can fit comfortably on almost any desk or counterpart, where it will always be within easy reach.
- 360 x 360 max resolution for sharp printouts. Resolution this high will ensure that the data on your business forms, contracts, spreadsheets and other documents is clear and legible time after time. Extra feed rollers help ensure that characters are precisely placed on the page.
- User-friendly design makes your job easier. Controls are conveniently located on the front panel for fast access, and the automatic loading of continuous and cut stock makes every project easier. The design of the internal sheet separator lets you load tractor-fed paper quickly and effortlessly. The zero-tear feature accurately positions continuous forms for a clean tear at the perforation.
- USB, parallel interfaces for flexible connectivity. The choice of ports lets you hook up quickly and easily to virtually any computer with a standard USB or parallel connection.
- Backed by the manufacturer's 3-year limited warranty on parts and labor (2-year limited on the print head).
- Energy Star compliant. Adheres to the EPA's Energy Star standards, to keep energy consumption and operating costs as low as possible.
|Additional Information||MTBF @ 25% of Duty Cycle: 20,000 hours|
|connector type||Parallel; USB 2.0|
|dimensions||6"H x 21.7"W x 13.6"D|
|Environmental Certification||ENERGY STAR|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC|
|Language Emulation||Oki Microline; IBM Graphics ProPrinter|
|Max Resolution (B&W)||360 dpi|
|maximum black and white print resolution||360 x 360 dpi|
|maximum black and white print speed||475 cps|
|Maximum Mono Print Speed (cps)||475|
|maximum monthly volume||12,000 pages per month|
|Maximum Print Size||Legal - 8.50" x 14"|
|maximum sheet size||Letter - 8.50" x 11"; Legal - 8.50" x 14"; A4 - 8.30" x 11.70"|
|Media Feeders||1 x manual - 1 roll - Roll (16 in)|
|Media Handling||Pull Tractor Top; Push Tractor Rear; Friction Feed|
|media type||Cut Sheet; Roll Paper|
|Number of Pins||24-pin|
|Operating Power Consumption||78 W|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 95; Windows 98; Windows 2000; Windows XP; Windows NT 4.0|
|ports||1 parallel; 1 USB|
|power source||AC Supply|
|printing application||special formats|
|RAM Installed (Max)||128 KB|
|starter ribbon included||yes|
|warranty length||3-year limited; 2-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
OKI MICROLINE 491 Serial Impact Dot Matrix Printer
High-volume versatility in forms and correspondence.
Whether you need regular output of continuous multi-part forms, fine business correspondence—or combinations of both—24-pin OKI® ML490/491 printers are the single solution. They handle the printing needs of the most demanding environments—including point-of-sale, automation and utility applications such as wholesale or retail sales counters, financial departments, and manufacturing or ware-house sites. Yet they also produce letter-quality type and high-resolution graphics for the office and executive suite.
Unequaled performance technology.
The ML490/491 sport features that give them a strong edge over their predecessors as well as the competition:
• An internal cooling fan provides continuous airflow for the printhead— maximizing throughput productivity for long, unattended print jobs
• Additional feed rollers provide precise forms handling and printed-character placement accuracy
• 3-piece top cover provides easy access and unsurpassed break resistance.
Fast, with finesse.
ML490/491 printers run the gamut of paper types and envelopes at lightning speed—reaching 475 cps in Utility/Draft mode and 105 cps in Letter-quality. Their rugged printhead (200 million-character average life expectancy) is made up of powerful samarium magnets and stored-energy pins that deliver precise, sharp characters all the way through to the last page of a 5-part form.
The patented OKI closed-loop feedback system assures character placement accuracy. And a zero-tear feature accurately positions continuous forms for a clean tear at the perforation to eliminate wasted stock.
Sturdy and sophisticated.
Field-proven reliability is just one reason OKI MICROLINE printers are the most widely-used impact printers in North America.1 The rugged, reliable OKI ML490/491 printers are sure to win you over, too!
Built to last, inside and out.
The performance-optimized power supply of the OKI® MICROLINE® 490/491 has been enlarged to easily handle harsh printing conditions. Its energy management capabilities match power expenditures to print-job size, maximizing the life of the 24-pin printhead and other components. A long-lasting rack-and-pinion drive system ensures print quality longer than belt or cable systems.
And the ergonomically-designed, impact-resistant chassis protects the ML490/491 from damage, even in the toughest working environments.
All this performance is user-friendly.
Controls are conveniently placed on the front panel for fast access. The automatic loading of continuous and cut stock makes every print job easier, and the design of the internal sheet separator enables easy loading of tractor-fed paper into the rear push tractor.
OKI provides the edge in performance no competing printer can claim—and backs it with 3 years of warranty coverage 2 and a network of authorized OKI Dealer Service Centers and Service Depots.
The high-quality, highly reliable and highly affordable ML490/491 Impact printers from OKI. Put them to work in your office or behind the counter—and watch them drive your productivity to new limits while they improve the look of your forms printing.
1 2002 NPD Intellect and Evans Research Market Share Data.
23-year standard warranty parts and labor /2-year printhead.
|Print Speed And Quality|
|Super Speed Draft (cps)||475|
|High Speed Draft (cps)||420|
|Utility Speed (cps)||315|
|Near Letter Quality Speed (cps)||N/A|
|Letter Quality Speed (cps)||126|
|Number Of Colors||1|
|Maximum Graphics Resolution (dpi)||360 x 360|
|Fonts and Bar Codes|
|Resident Scalable Fonts||Yes|
|Resident Bar Code Fonts||Yes|
|No. Of Copies||5|
|Automatic Paper Forms Loading||Yes|
|Short Tear Off||Yes|
|Zero Tear Off||Yes|
|Pin Feed Platen||N/A|
|Top Pull Tractors||Optional|
|Paper Feed Rate (inch per second)||4.5|
|Cut Sheet Feeder Option||Optional|
|Roll Paper Stand Option||Optional|
|Number of Pins||24|
|Expanded Head Gap||Yes|
|Printhead Life (characters)||400 million|
|Memory Buffer Size||128K|
|Monthly Workload (pages)||12,000|
|Operating / Physical Specifications|
|Noise Level In Operating Mode (dBA)||56|
|Ribbon Life (characters)||7.5 million|
|Power Voltage||120v or 220v|
|EPA Energy Star Compliance||Yes|
|Dimensions Of Narrow Carriage w/out Box|
(W x D x H) (inches)
|Dimensions Of Wide Carriage w/out Box|
(W x D x H) (inches)
|21.7 x 13.6 x 6.0|
|Weight Of Narrow Carriage w/out Box (lb.)||N/A|
|Weight Of Wide Carriage w/out Box (lb.)||21.2|
|Front Panel Direct Access Controls||Yes|
|Front Panel Limited Function Mode||Yes|
|Warranty||3-year standard warranty parts and labor; 2-year printhead|
|Toll Free Telephone Support (hours/days)||24 / 7|
|Emulations||Epson® LQ, IBM® ProPrinter®, IBM AGM, IBM XL24|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® XP, 2000, 98/95, 3.x and NT® 4.0; MS-DOS®|