This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
- Home /
- Product Details
Tough, slim and light, the ThinkPad X230 combines the latest functionality of a business laptop with the practical benefits of a tablet. With a vivid reversible IPS display, purer sound and peerless keyboard ergonomics it's a zero compromise mobile business tool.
|battery type||lithium ion (Li-ion)|
|Bluetooth Standard||Bluetooth 4.0|
|Environmental Certification||EPEAT Gold; ENERGY STAR 5.0; GREENGUARD; RoHS|
|Expansion Slot Type||ExpressCard/54|
|Finger Print Reader||Yes|
|Focus Modes||Fixed Focus|
|Graphics Controller Manufacturer||Intel|
|Graphics Controller Model||HD 4000|
|keyboard type||Physical Keyboard|
|laptop battery life range||8 hours (or more)|
|LCD Backlight Technology||LED backlight|
|manufacturer||Lenovo Group Limited|
|maximum battery life||9.90 hours|
|maximum memory capacity||16 GB|
|memory card reader||yes|
|Memory Card Supported||SD; SDHC; SDXC; MultiMediaCard (MMC)|
|memory type||DDR3 SDRAM|
|Number of Batteries Supported||2|
|Number of Free Memory Slots||1|
|operating system details||Windows 7 Professional|
|Operating Systems||Windows 7 Pro|
|package contents||ThinkPad X230 Tablet (3437-27U); Lithium Ion Battery; AC Adapter; Stylus|
|Pointing Device Type||TouchPad; Trackpoint; Stylus|
|ports||1 DisplayPort; 1 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 USB 2.0; 2 USB 3.0; 1 VGA 15-pin D-sub|
|Processor Generation||3rd Gen|
|processor speed||2.60 GHz|
|processor type||Intel Core i5|
|screen resolution||1366 x 768|
|screen size||12.5 in.|
|Solid State Drive Capacity||128 GB|
|Solid State Drive Interface||Serial ATA/600|
|Total Number of USB Ports||3|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|wired connectivity||10/100/1000 Ethernet|
|Wireless LAN Manufacturer||Intel|
|Wireless LAN Model||Centrino Advanced-N 6205|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n|
Lenovo Thinkpad X230 Laptop: Performance for Extreme Mobility
Freedom. Mobility. Productivity in an Ultraportable Package
The Lenovo® ThinkPad® X230 offers the power and expansive feature set of a full-size laptop in a thin and lightweight ultraportable. ThinkPad® X230. Whether you are travelling around the world or commuting between offices, this powerful laptop is easy to carry - at just 2.96lbs! Engineered for mobile professionals, the ThinkPad X230 is built on the Intel® Core™ processor with workhorse performance from Intel® Turbo Boost technology 2.0.
The laptop offers world-class features which combines the speed of solid state drives with the storage capacity of hard disk drives to increase boot time and application performance. Boot and resume the laptop much faster with Lenovo RapidBoot and InstantResume. The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 allows you to transfer data ten times faster. The all-day battery life keeps the laptop operational for up to 24 hours.
Long Battery-Life and Incredibly Lightweight.Work wherever, whenever, with ThinkPad® X230 Series ultraportable laptops. Lenovo's Power Manager, carefully selected low-voltage processors, less power-hungry displays, and the latest battery technology allow hours of unplugged computing, perfect for on-the-go. Lenovo RapidCharge is designed to last three times longer than a standard notebook battery and charge up to 80% capacity in just 30 to 35 minutes. Plus Lenovo Battery Stretch lets you temporarily extend battery life — get up to 24 hours on the ThinkPad X230 with a single charge! In fact, your X230 will retain a charge for more than 30 days when in standby mode.
The X230 Series models weigh as little as 3 pounds, or less, with an 11.6-inch display and full-sized, spill-resistant keyboard. The ThinkPad X230 features a 12.5 HD display.
Powered for Productivity.The X230 laptop is built for speed, letting you use time to focus on your business — not your computer. Blazing fast technology quickens the pace of doing business so you can do more with less time.
- Windows® operating system.
- For a difference you can see and feel in multitasking or multimedia, the X230 is powered by the visibly smart Intel® Core™ processor, with top-of-the line performance for your most demanding tasks.
- Up to 100% increase in 3D and visual performance with Intel® HD graphics.
- Like a smartphone, close the lid for instant-suspend and open for instant-resume with the X230.
- Connect with 3G technology on the X230. You can even use the X230 as a mobile hotspot to connect multiple devices nearby.
- USB 3.0 ports feature up to 10 times faster file transfer time — especially useful when copying large media files.
Rock-Solid Reliability.Baked, battered, blistered, and blown with sand, ThinkPad X230 notebooks are designed to pass eight, rugged military-spec tests against extreme environmental variables, including temperature, pressure, dust, humidity, and vibration testing. ThinkPad X230 laptops are more than tough enough to endure the rigors of business travel — or the schoolyard, for that matter
- ThinkPad roll cage
- Magnesium-alloy top and bottom covers
- Spill-resistant keyboard
- Reliable, sturdy metal hinge construction designed for daily use
- Redesigned hinge closing mechanism with magnetic latching support
Magnificent Multimedia FeaturesX230 Series includes superior VoIP experience with HD camera and HD microphones for advanced noise and echo cancellation Plus the X230 is Polycom® ready and the 720p HD webcam includes face tracking for most excellent video conferencing. Convenient one-touch access with microphone, speaker, and camera mute buttons allow for quick and easy control.
Enjoy the crisp, clear surround sound experience of Dolby® Advanced Audio™ v2.
- ThinkVantage® Rescue and Recovery® helps you recover from system crashes quickly, even if the primary operating system won't boot.
- The Lenovo Solution Center provides a simplified dashboard that reflects total system health. This hardware diagnostic tool allows quick and convenient access to frequently-used system management tools, including backup and restore, antivirus and firewall settings, system/software updates, internet connections, and service and support.
- ThinkVantage Client Security Solution, a unique hardware-software combination, helps protect your company information, including passwords, encryption keys and electronic credentials, while helping guard against unauthorized data access.
- BIOS disablement of ports acts as a final layer of protection for your business-critical data.
- Intel® Anti-Theft protection (AT-p), an extra layer of security and manageability incorporated with Computrace® Data Protection™ and Intel® vPro™ technology, which helps you recover your laptop in the event of theft.
- Remote data disablement lets you disable your laptop's hardware if it's ever compromised.
Friendly to the Environment & Your Bottom Line.The X230 makes it easy to be green.
- EPEAT® Gold-compliant
- ENERGY STAR-certified
- ULE Gold Sustainable Product Certification
- Uses post-consumer content (PCC)
- Cooler and quieter thermal design with dual vents, which also prevents dust from collecting
- Energy-saving, low-voltage processors, LED backlit displays
- Arsenic-free glass and mercury-free displays
- 90% recyclable packaging (by weight)
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability