Linksys® WRT54GL Wireless-G Router Item # 787022
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Wireless-G is the upcoming 54Mbps wireless networking standard that's almost five times faster than the widely deployed Wireless-B (802.11b) products found in homes, businesses, and public wireless hotspots around the country - but since they share the same 2.4GHz radio band, Wireless-G devices can also interoperate with existing 11Mbps Wireless-B equipment.Since both standards are built in, you can protect your investment in existing 802.11b infrastructure, and migrate to the new screaming fast Wireless-G standard as your needs grow.The Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router is really three devices in one box. First, there's the Wireless Access Point, which lets you connect Wireless-G or Wireless-B devices to the network. There's also a built-in 4-port full-duplex 10/100 Switch to connect your wired-Ethernet devices. Connect four PCs directly, or daisy-chain out to more hubs and switches to create as big a network as you need. Finally, the Router function ties it all together and lets your whole network share a high-speed cable or DSL Internet connection.To protect your data and privacy, the Wireless-G Broadband Router can encrypt all wireless transmissions. The Router can serve as a DHCP Server, has NAT technology to protect against Internet intruders, supports VPN pass-through, and can be configured to filter internal users' access to the Internet. Configuration is a snap with the web browser-based configuration utility.With the Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router at the center of your home or office network, you can share a high-speed Internet connection, files, printers, and multi-player games with the flexibility, speed, and security you need!
- Provides convenient wireless connectivity for your home. Supports the popular Wireless-G (802.11g) standard, and is compatible with Wireless-B devices. Offers transfer rates of up to 54Mbps.
- Lets you share Internet service. The router permits sharing a high-speed cable or DSL Internet connection among the computers on your network.
- 4 Ethernet ports let you connect your wired devices, too. Connect your wired desktop computers and network printers to your network.
- Built-in firewall helps protect your network from online threats.
- Wireless encryption helps protect your data and privacy.
- Easy to set up. Configuration is a snap with the browser-based configuration utility.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|Broadband Transmission Technology||Ethernet|
|Certifications & Standards||IEEE Standards: 802.3; 802.3u; 802.11b; 802.11g; 802.11n|
|dimensions||1.9"H x 7.3"W x 6.1"D|
|ISM Maximum Frequency||2.40 GHz|
|maximum data transfer rate||54 Mbps|
|Number of External Antennas||2|
|plug and play||yes|
|ports||4 10/100 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 broadband (RJ-45)|
|power source||AC adapter|
|Security Features||DMZ; SPI|
|security/encryption||WEP; WPA2; Wireless MAC Filtering|
|System Requirements||Operating Systems: Windows Vista; Windows XP; Windows 2000; Web Browsers: Internet Explorer 6; Firefox 1|
|Total Number of Antennas||2|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11b/g|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||54 Mbit/s|
|Show More ▾|