Epson® FastFoto™ FF-640 High-Speed Photo Scanning System Item # 807699
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Scan and save memorable photos quickly and in full color
- Scans as many as sixty 4" x 6" landscape photos per second at 300 dpi resolution. Produces 33 higher-quality 600 dpi scans per second.
- 48-bit internal/24-bit external color depth.
- Scan your favorite wallet-sized, standard and panoramic photos. Also accommodates paper documents with a maximum page size of 8.5" x 120".
- Use Epson FastFoto with Smart Photo Fix software to restore, save, organize and share your scanned images. Features red eye removal and color enhancement tools to touch up old photos.
- Makes it easy to produce gifts and presentations your loved ones will remember. Great for personalized photo albums and wedding or birthday slideshows.
- Special handling sheet, custom rollers and paper path handle your delicate pictures with care.
- USB 2.0 interface offers a high-speed connection to your computer. Comes with a USB 2.0 cable.
|maximum black and white scan speed||60 photo; 45 document ppm|
|color depth||48-bit internal/24-bit external|
|maximum color scan speed||60 photo; 45 document ppm|
|maximum resolution||600 dpi|
|dimensions||8.7"H x 8.1"W x 11.8"D|
|automatic document feeder capacity||30 photo; 80 document sheets|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 10; Windows 8.1; Windows 8; Windows 7; Mac OS X 10.9.x+|
|connector type||USB 2.0|
|grayscale depth||16-bit internal/8-bit external|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
Preserve What’s Priceless with the World’s Fastest Photo ScannerPreserve what’s priceless. Quickly scan your photo collection in a whole new way with the innovative FastFoto FF-640 — the World’s Fastest Photo Scanner1. Protect your photos and save time and money by doing it yourself. With the FF-640, you can scan thousands of photos — as fast as 1 photo per second2 at 300 dpi. Single-step Technology automatically scans both the image and handwritten notes on the back. Restore faded photos, and upload high-quality images to the cloud. Seamlessly digitize life’s special memories. The FF-640 was designed to accommodate fragile photos or even large panoramic photos.
- World’s Fastest Photo Scanner1 — scan thousands of photos as fast as 1 photo per second2
- High-quality scans up to 600 dpi — scan precious images, from wallets to panoramic photos
- Preserve what’s priceless — Restore, Save, Organize and Share images
- Ideal for life’s special events — easily create slideshows, displays and more for anniversaries, weddings and family reunions
- Custom FastFoto software — bring new life to old photos automatically with Smart Photo Fix (SPF) Technology, red-eye removal and color enhancement features
- Single-step Technology — capture both the image and handwritten notes on the back in a single scan
- Special design — special handling sheet, custom rollers and paper path to accommodate fragile photos
- Perfect Picture Imaging System — Epson’s proprietary image-processing technology optimizes image quality across printers, projectors and scanners
- Do more than just photos — scan and save documents and memorabilia; scan documents as fast as 45 ppm/90 ipm3
- Organize documents — Document Capture Pro and ABBYY® FineReader® software included
World’s Fastest Photo Scanner
Quickly scan stacks of photos. (Single-step Technology captures both the image and handwritten notes on the back in a single scan.) Or, scan double-sided documents. With its 50-page/30-photo auto feeder, the FastFoto FF-640 scans thousands of photos as fast as 1 photo per second2 and documents as fast as 45 ppm/90 ipm3.
Scan Directly to Services Such as Facebook, Dropbox and More
The FastFoto FF-640 scans directly to your designated hard drive. Share on Facebook or upload to Dropbox or Google Drive™. Just install the included software on your PC or Mac® and you’re ready to get started. Restore, scan, share and send images or data wherever you desire.
Smart Photo Fix (SPF) Technology. Restore. Save. Organize. Share. Restore faded color photos back to their original brilliance. Just scan your old photos and renew the color with one click.
High-Quality ScansFeaturing 600 dpi resolution, the FastFoto FF-640 ensures high-quality results. Images can be used for enlargements, or to save as part of an overall photo collection.
Scan and Organize Important Documents with the Included Software
Scan documents to email, an FTP server, online storage account or any folder on your PC. The FastFoto FF-640 includes TWAIN and Mac drivers. And, it includes OCR software for creating searchable PDFs (Windows® only) or scanning into editable formats like Word® and Excel® files.
Save Time and MoneySpeed through your project by scanning stacks of photos at a time with the FastFoto FF-640. You may save money as well — by purchasing the FastFoto scanner rather than sending your photos to a service and paying per scan. Plus, you won’t risk losing your priceless photos.
Accommodates Fragile PhotosA special handling sheet (carrier sheet) is included with the FastFoto FF-640 to protect old, damaged or fragile photos. A microfiber cloth is also included to lightly dust photos and clean off dust buildup on the scan heads.
Epson Advanced Sensor and Paper Feed Technology
Custom designed to handle your precious memories – from wallets to panoramic photos, the FastFoto FF-640 incorporates DSC (Dynamic Skew Correction) and a sophisticated multi-roller paper feed design. It automatically corrects the angle at which the photo or paper enters the scanner to prevent jams. The Ultrasonic sensor allows Double Feed Detection to help avoid misfeeds. And, Auto Size Detection makes it easy to scan multiple sizes in a single stack.
1 In its class, as compared to other consumer photo scanners priced under $1,000 MSRP USD (sold into the United States and Canada as of November 2015).
2 Based on average speed from start of scan to end, using Windows driver, scanning thirty 4" x 6" photos at 300 dpi in landscape orientation. Auto-feed tray accommodates 30 photos at a time.
3 Based on letter-sized scans at 300 dpi in Black-and-White, Grayscale or Color Mode, using the USB interface.
4 For convenient and reasonable recycling options, visit www.epson.com/recycle
5 SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.