HP EliteBook 840 G2 Laptop, 14" HD+ Screen, Intel® Core™ i7, 8GB Memory, 180GB Solid State Drive, Windows® 7 Professional Item # 834519
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Whether you're working at home, the office or the library, you need to stay connected and productive. With this HP Elitebook 840 G2 LED laptop, you can connect to all the people and tasks that matter most.
- 14" HD+ (1600 x 900) display provides crystal-clear images. HP EliteBook 840 G2 14" LED laptop computer features an active-matrix TFT-LCD screen with LED backlighting that provides a thinner, more energy-efficient screen.
- Powered by 5th Gen Intel Core i7 processor. Multitask with ease – play, work and surf.
- 8GB of memory is available to run your powerful programs and games. Memory is not expandable.
- 180GB solid state drive holds your songs, photos, documents and other files. Keeps your running programs active, while your computer resumes from suspension in about 2 seconds.
- Features Wireless-AC (802.11ac) for high-performance, cable-free networking. Access wireless networks to share files, surf the Web and exchange e-mail. Fully compatible with 802.11b/g/n. Wired networking is also supported.
- Memory card reader for file transfers made fast and easy. Transfer your digital photos, music and other files from 3 types of memory cards. (SD, SDXC, SDHC)
- Features 4 USB 3.0 ports for ultra-fast data transfers. USB 3.0 is up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0, yet fully compatible with USB 2.0.
- HP EliteBook 840 G2 laptop computer features a built-in, front-facing webcam and microphone so you can keep in touch with others via video and voice messaging.
- Features Bluetooth® wireless technology. Permits short-range wireless data transfers at up to 30' with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as phones, speakers and printers.
- HDMI™ port lets you view videos and photos on your HDTV. (HDMI cable sold separately.)
- Runs on Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional. Includes license for Windows 8.1 Pro.
- Backed by the manufacturer's 3-year limited warranty.
- Eco-conscious choice — has one or more meaningful eco attributes or eco-labels.
- ENERGY STAR certified — meets federal guidelines for energy efficiency.
- EPEAT Gold certified — has multiple eco-attributes. Ranked in three tiers: Bronze, Silver or Gold.
- Intel, the Intel Logo, Intel Inside, the Intel Inside logo, Intel Core, Intel Atom, Celeron, Pentium and Pentium Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
|processor speed||2.6 GHz|
|Environmental Certification||ENERGY STAR; EPEAT Gold; IT Eco Declaration; WEEE; EU WEEE; RoHS|
|Graphics Controller Manufacturer||AMD|
|Graphics Memory Capacity||Up to 1 GB|
|screen size||14 inches|
|Graphics Memory Accessibility||Dedicated|
|video hardware||AMD Radeon R7 M260X|
|Memory Card Supported||SDHC; SDXC; Secure Digital (SD) Card|
|Wireless LAN Model||Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac|
|Preinstalled OS||Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Edition|
|processor type||Intel Core i7|
|Bluetooth Standard||Bluetooth 4.0|
|hard drive capacity||180 GB|
|Number of Graphic Controllers||2|
|Graphics Controller Model||Radeon R7 M260X|
|ports||4 USB 3.0; 1 RJ-45; 1 DisplayPort; 1 VGA|
|Maximum Turbo Speed||3.2 GHz|
|Solid State Drive Capacity||180 GB|
|Headphone/Microphone Combo Port||Yes|
|maximum memory capacity||8 GB|
|hard drive type||Solid State Drive|
|Total Number of USB Ports||4|
|battery type||lithium polymer (Li-polymer)|
|package contents||EliteBook 840 G2 Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR); Lithium Polymer Battery; AC Adapter; Windows 8.1 Pro License Media|
|wired connectivity||10/100/1000 Ethernet|
|wireless connectivity||802.11a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth|
|Operating Systems||Windows 7 Pro|
|model||EliteBook 840 G2 (L3Z74UT#ABA)|
|operating system details||Windows 7 Professional|
|memory type||DDR3L SDRAM|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||4|
|Solid State Drive Interface||Serial ATA|
|Pointing Device Type||TouchPad|
|screen resolution||1600 x 900|
|Near Field Communication||Yes|
|memory card reader||Yes|
|Wireless LAN Manufacturer||Intel|
|eco-label/standard||ENERGY STAR; EPEAT Gold; RoHS; WEEE|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro 64)
Intel® Core™ i7 processor
Starting at 3.4 lb (non-touch); Starting at 3.76 lb (touch)
The HP EliteBook 840 thin and light notebook allows users to be ultra-productive in and out of the office. Work with confidence thanks to proven technologies, security, performance, and management features that will meet all your enterprise needs.
Never fear bumps and minor drops. The thin, light, and stylish HP EliteBook 840 G2 endures HP’s Total Test Process and passes rigorous MIL-STD 810G testing.h6
Get all the features IT expects including an expanded security portfolio and manageability options to help keep your business protected and running efficiently.
HP Sure Start detects corruption and self-heals the BIOS.
The latest storage options, including PCIe SSD,f7 ensure optimum performance from your HP EliteBook.
HP BIOSphere secures your notebook with customizable security.f12
The latest storage options ensure optimum performance from your HP EliteBook. Choose from dual storage options featuring a range of HDD and SSDs as well as flash cache and a mini-card SSD.f7
- Operating system
- Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro 64)
- Memory, standard
- 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
- Memory slots
- 2 SODIMM
- Hard drive description
- 180 GB SATA SSD
- Processor family
- Intel® Core™ i7 processor
- Intel® Core™ i7-5600U with Intel HD Graphics 5500 (2.6 GHz, up to 3.2 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Starting at 3.4 lb (non-touch); Starting at 3.76 lb (touch)
- Weight note (imperial)
- Weight will vary by configuration.
- 14" diagonal HD+ SVA anti-glare flat LED-backlit (1600 x 900)
- 14" diagonal HD+ SVA anti-glare flat LED-backlit (1600 x 900)
- Display size (diagonal)
- AMD Radeon™ R7 M260X (1 GB DDR5 dedicated, dual graphics)
- Battery type
- HP Long Life 3-cell, 50 WHr Li-ion polymer prismatic
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 33.9 x 23.7 x 2.1 cm (non-touch); 33.9 x 23.7 x 2.26 cm (touch)
- 720p HD webcam
- Pointing device
- Glass touchpad (with chemically etched surface) with on/off button, supports 2-way scroll, taps and gestures enabled by default, two-finger scrolling, two finger zoom (pinch)
- 3 USB 3.0; 1 USB 3.0 charging; 1 DisplayPort 1.2; 1 VGA; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 AC power; 1 RJ-45; 1 docking connector; 1 secondary battery connector
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.0 Combo; Near Field Communication (NFC) module
- Expansion slots
- 1 multi-format digital media reader
- Security management
- Security lock slot (lock must be purchased separately); TPM 1.2/2.0 (Infineon, soldered down); Integrated smart card reader (active); Fingerprint reader (optional)
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- 3-year limited warranty (optional Care Packs available, sold separately), 3-year limited warranty on HP Long Life Battery (available only with the 3-year limited platform warranty)
DisclaimersProduct image may differ from actual product h1 Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com. h2 Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance. h4 Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel® Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers. h3 Slice battery sold separately or as an optional feature. h5 Built in Qualcomm® Gobi® modules available in select HP products and require wireless data service contract, network support, and is not available in all areas. Contact service provider to determine the coverage area and availability. 4G LTE not available in all regions. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. h6 MIL STD 810G testing is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions. f7 Sold separately or as an optional feature. f9 HP Touchpoint Manager supports Android™, iOS and Windows operating systems and PCs, notebooks, tablets and smartphones from various manufacturers. Not available in all countries see www.hp.com/touchpoint for availability information. Touchpoint Manager requires purchase of a subscription. Out-of-band HP only Wipe, Lock, Unlock and reporting of BIOS boot error codes is planned to be available on select HP EliteBooks and requires an internet connection, Intel® vPro™ technology and functions in S3/Sleep, S4/Hibernate and S5/Soft Off power states. SATA drives are wiped. The remote wipe of Self Encrypting Drives that have hardware encryption active is not supported. f8 AMD Dynamic Switchable Graphics technology requires either an AMD "A" series APU or an Intel processor, plus an AMD Radeon™ discrete graphics configuration and is not available on FreeDOS and Linux OS. With AMD Dynamic Switchable Graphics technology, full enablement of all discrete graphics video and display features may not be supported on all systems (e.g. OpenGL applications will run on the integrated GPU or the APU as the case may be).