Buffalo™ DriveStation Axis Velocity 3TB External SATA/USB 3.0 Hard Drive, Black, HD-LX3.0TU3 Item # 866722
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Holds plenty of media files
- 3TB maximum capacity expands the storage of your computer.
- Includes a USB 3.0 interface and a Serial ATA drive interface for fast and easy connectivity. USB 3.0 is compatible with USB 2.0.
- Quick response time provides data transfer rates up to 5Gbps via USB 3.0 and up to 480Mbps via USB 2.0.
- 7200 rpm speed for fast performance.
- Universal plug-and-play connectivity for compatibility with both PC and Mac.
- Optional 256-bit AES hardware encryption prevents unauthorized access so all you have to do is assign a password at setup.
- Schedule regular backups on your PC with Buffalo Backup Utility or on your Mac with Time Machine.
- Feature-rich software suite enhances functionality. Buffalo Tools suite includes Eco Manager, RAMDISK, Buffalo Backup Utility, SecureLock and TurboPC.
- Horizontal or vertical form factor enables versatile placement options on your desktop. Sleek, attractive chassis adds a stylish touch to your workspace.
- Backed by the manufacturer's 2-year warranty.
|device connector type||SATA; USB 3.0|
|rotational speed||7200 rpm|
|storage capacity||3 TB|
|maximum data transfer rate||5 Gbps|
|System Requirements||Operating Systems:Windows 7 (32/64-bit); Windows Vista (32/64-bit); Windows XP; Mac OS(r) X 10.5 - 10.8|
|Features||256-bit Hardware Encryption; 256-bit AES Encryption; Quiet Fanless Design|
|hard drive type||hard drive|
|drive connector type||USB 3.0|
|Product Line||DriveStation Axis|
|package contents||DriveStation Axis Velocity HD-LXU3 Hard Drive; USB 3.0 Cable; AC Adapter; Quick Setup Guide; Warranty Statement|
|Product Name||DriveStation Axis Velocity HD-LXU3 Hard Drive|
|Compatibility||Apple Time Machine|
|model||DriveStation Axis Velocity HD-LX3.0TU3|
|Spindle Speed (rpm)||7200|
|Maximum Internal Data Transfer Rate||300 MB/s (2.3 Gbit/s)|
|dimensions||4.8"H x 1.5"W x 7.5"D|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP; Windows Vista (32/64-bit); Windows 7 (32/64-bit); Windows 8 (32/64-bit); Mac OS X 10.5 - 10.8|
|Platform Supported||Mac; PC|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1)
SuperSpeed USB delivers effortless audio/video streaming, music and photos to your home, office, car, and anywhere in between. SuperSpeed USB transfers data up to 5Gbps, up to 10X faster than Hi-Speed USB. SuperSpeed USB works with all USB products. It’s backward compatible with USB 2.0.
USB 3.1 SpecificationThe USB 3.1 specification includes definitions for both 5Gbps (Gen 1) and 10Gbps (Gen 2) data rates:
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 – SuperSpeed USB (Products signal at 5Gbps)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 – SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps (products signal at 10Gbps)
Note: The terms USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 3.0 are synonymous
What the Logos Mean to YouTo use the SuperSpeed USB logo and icons, products must pass USB-IF certification testing to ensure they are built to meet the USB specifications and interoperate with other USB devices. This means you can be confident that Certified USB products will work with other Certified USB products. This content is being provided for educational purposes only and does not imply that the associated product has been certified. To confirm if a device has been certified, visit the www.usb.org website or look for the Certified SuperSpeed USB logo on the product or product packaging.