This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
- Home /
- Product Details
What is your server bottleneck...storage, processing, expansion? The world's best-selling server just got better. The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server delivers the latest in performance and expandability. Reliability, serviceability and near continuous availability, backed by a comprehensive warranty, make it ideal for any server environment. Deploy the data center standard. Designed to reduce costs and complexity, it leverages Intel's latest E5-2600 v4 processors with 21% performance gain, plus the latest 2400 MHz HPE DDR4 SmartMemory supporting up to 3 TB and up to 23% performance increase. Additional support for 12 Gb/s SAS, 40 Gb NIC with a broad range of compute options. HPE Persistent Memory, the world's first NVDIMM optimized on HPE ProLiant, offering unprecedented levels of performance for databases and analytic workloads. It runs everything from the most basic to mission-critical applications, and can be deployed with confidence.
|80 PLUS Certification||80 PLUS Platinum|
|Certifications & Standards||ACPI 2.0b Compliant; PCIe 3.0 Compliant; PXE Support; WOL Support; Microsoft Logo Certifications; ASHRAE A3/A4; FCC Rating Class A; CISPR 22; EN55022; EN55024; FCC CFR 47, Pt 15; ICES-003; CNS13438; GB9254; K22; K24; EN 61000-3-2; EN 61000-3-3; EN 60950-1; IEC 60950-1|
|Compatibility||Microsoft Windows Server; Canonical Ubuntu; Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL); SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES); Oracle Solaris; VMware; Citrix XenServer|
|controller type||12Gb/s SAS|
|Effective Memory Speed||1866 MHz|
|Ethernet Ports||4 x Gigabit Ethernet|
|Graphics Controller Manufacturer||Matrox|
|Graphics Controller Model||G200eH2|
|Graphics Memory Capacity||Up to 16 MB|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC; 230 V AC|
|Maximum Power Supply Wattage||500 W|
|Maximum Turbo Speed||3.20 GHz|
|memory card reader||Yes|
|Memory Card Supported||microSD|
|Memory Technology||DDR4 SDRAM|
|Number of Internal 2.5" Bays||8|
|Number of PCI Express x16 Slots||2|
|Number of PCI Express x8 Slots||1|
|Number of Power Supplies Installed||1|
|Number of Processors Installed||1|
|Number of Processors Supported||2|
|Number of SFP+ Slots||2|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||3|
|Number of Total Memory Slots||24|
|ports||1 Ethernet (RJ-45); 5 USB 3.0|
|Processor Core||Hexa-core (6 Core)|
|processor model||E5-2620 v3|
|processor speed||2.40 GHz|
|processor type||Intel Xeon|
|Product Series||DL380 G9|
|QuickPath Interconnect||8 GT/s|
|RAM Supported||PC4-17000 - 384 GB - registered ¦ PC4-17000 - 1.5 TB - Load-Reduced|
|Rated Memory Speed||2133 MHz|
|Remote Management Controller||Integrated Lights-Out 4|
|Standard Memory||16 GB|
|Storage Controller Name||Smart Array P440ar with 2GB FBWC|
|Total Hard Drive Capacity||No|
|Total Number of USB Ports||5|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|What's Included||ProLiant DL380 G9 Server; 6-Foot IEC C-13/C-14 Jumper Cord; HP 96W Megacell Battery 145mm Cable; Rail Kit|
|wired connectivity||10/100/1000 Ethernet|
HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 E5-2620v3 1P 16GB-R P440ar 8 SFF 500W PS Server/S-Buy
|What is your server bottleneck...storage, processing, expansion? The world’s best-selling server1 just got better. The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server delivers the latest performance and expandability. Reliability, serviceability and near continuous availability, backed by a comprehensive warranty, makes it ideal for any server environment. Deploy the data center standard. Designed to reduce costs and complexity, leveraging Intel’s latest E5-2600 v4 processors with 21%2 performance gain, plus the latest HPE 2400 MHZ DDR4 SmartMemory supporting 3.0 TB and up to 23%3 performance increase. Supporting 12 Gb/s SAS, 40 Gb NIC with broad range compute options. HPE Persistent Memory, the world’s first NVDIMM optimized on ProLiant, offering unprecedented levels of performance for databases and analytic workloads. Run everything from the most basic to mission critical applications, and can be deployed with confidence.|
Flexible Design Makes Your Investment "Future Proof" so it Can Grow as Your Business Needs Expand
- The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server has a flexible redesigned chassis, including new HPE Universal Media Bay configuration options with 8 to 24 SFF and 4 or 12 LFF drive options along with NVMe options and additional rear drive support for expandability and investment protection.
- HPE Persistent Memory, the first Non-volatile DIMM (NVDIMM) optimized on HPE ProLiant, offering unprecedented levels of performance and data resiliency for databases and analytic workloads.
- In conjunction with the embedded SATA HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller for boot, data and media needs, the redesigned HPE Flexible Smart Array and HPE Smart SAS HBA Controllers allow you the flexibility to choose the optimal 12 Gb/s controller most suited to your environment.
- You have a choice of embedded 4x1GbE, HPE FlexibleLOM or PCIe standup 1GbE to 40GbE Adapters provide you flexibility of networking bandwidth and fabric so you can adapt and grow to changing business needs.
World-class Performance and Industry-leading Energy Efficiency
- The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server supports industry standard Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 and E5-2600 v4 processors with up to 22 cores, 12G SAS and 3.0 TB of HPE DDR4 SmartMemory.3
- High efficiency redundant HPE Flexible Slot Power Supplies provide up to 96% efficiency (Titanium), HPE Flexible Slot Battery Backup module and support for the HPE Power Discovery Services offering.
- Improved ambient temperature standards with HPE Extended Ambient Operating Support (ASHRAE A3 and A4) and optional performance heatsinks help to reduce cooling costs.4
- Enhanced performance with active and passive, single and double-wide GPU support for workload acceleration.
Agile Infrastructure Management for Accelerating IT Service Delivery
- With HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server, HPE OneView provides infrastructure management for automation simplicity across servers, storage and networking.
- Online personalized dashboard for converged infrastructure health monitoring and support management with HPE Insight Online.
- Configure in Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) boot mode, provision local and remote with HPE iLO with Intelligent Provisioning and Scripting Toolkits.
- Embedded management to deploy, monitor and support your server remotely, out of band with HPE iLO.
- Optimize firmware and driver updates and reduce downtime with Smart Update, consisting of SUM (Smart Update Manager) and SPP (Service Pack for ProLiant).
Industry Leading Serviceability
- The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server comes with a complete set of HPE Technology Services, delivering confidence, reducing risk and helping customers realize agility and stability. HPE provides consulting to transform your infrastructure; services to deploy, migrate and support your ProLiant Servers.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise provides consulting advice to transform and modernize your infrastructure; services to deploy, migrate and support your new ProLiant servers and education to help you succeed quickly.
|Processor||Intel® Xeon® E5-2620 v3 (6 core, 2.4 GHz, 15 MB, 85W)|
|Number of processors||1|
|Processor cache||15 MB L3|
|Processor core available||6|
|Processor speed||2.4 GHz|
|Memory type||DDR4 SmartMemory|
|Memory, standard||16 GB (1x16 GB) RDIMM|
((4) or (12)) LFF SAS/SATA/SSD
((8), (10), (16), (18) or (24)) SFF SAS/SATA/SSD
(2) SFF Rear drive optional or
(3) LFF Rear drive optional
(6) SFF NVMe (optional)
NVMe support via Express Bay will limit max drive capacity
|Optical drive type||None included|
|Network controller||1 HPE embedded 1 Gb Ethernet 4-port 331i adapter|
|Storage controller||1 HPE Smart Array P440ar/2 GB with Smart Storage Battery|
|Expansion slots||3 PCIe 3.0, 2 full-height/half-length and 1 half-length/full-height slots|
|System fan features||4 hot-plug fans, redundant|
|Power supply type||1 HPE 500W flex slot platinum power supply|
|Form factor chassis||Rack|
|Form factor (fully configured)||2U|
|Included hard drives||None included, up to 8 SFF drives supported|
|Infrastructure management||iLO Management (standard), Intelligent Provisioning (standard), iLO Advanced (optional), HPE Insight Control (optional)|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||3.44 x 17.54 x 26.75 in|
|Memory slots||12 DIMM slots|
|Maximum memory||768 GB|
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability