HP OfficeJet 3830 Wireless Color Inkjet All-In-One Printer, Scanner, Copier And Fax Item # 884948
Easy printing from your smartphone or tablet, even on-the-go! Optional quiet mode keeps noise to a minimum.
- HP Officejet 3830 color All-In-One printer features HP wireless direct. WiFi capable mobile devices can connect directly to your printer without accessing a network.
- Manage print tasks and scan on-the-go with the free HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app. Your pages come out great, even if you're not there!
- Also has local Wi-Fi connectivity. Mobile printing is enabled via AirPrint™ and other solutions. Supports printing from most smartphones and tablets using these operating platforms/systems: Android, iOS, BlackBerry®, Symbian, Windows® 8 and Windows RT.
- Easy setup — printer automatically connects to your wireless network so you can start printing right away.
- ISO speeds: up to 8.5 ppm black; up to 6 ppm color.
- Scan resolution: up to 1200 x 1200 dpi (hardware); up to 1200 dpi (optical).
- Copy resolution: up to 600 x 300 dpi black (text and graphics); up to 600 x 300 dpi color (text and graphics).
- Standard connectivity: 1 hi-speed USB 2.0 port.
- Paper handling: 60-sheet input tray; 25-sheet output tray.
- Duty cycle: Up to 1,000 pages.
- Get high-quality prints time after time with this reliable printer.
- Full of value — print up to twice as many pages with Original HP high-yield ink cartridges. Print photos and documents for the same low price with HP Instant Ink.
- Save up to 50% on ink ordered by your printer and delivered to your door.
- Easy-to-use 2.2-inch touch-screen display.
- HP Officejet 3830 inkjet printer features a 35-page automatic document feeder that lets you quickly fax, scan, and copy multi-page documents.
- Save your space. This compact unit is designed to fit on your desk, on a shelf, or anywhere you need it.
- Optional quiet mode helps keep noise to a minimum.
- Access coloring pages, recipes, coupons and more with free HP Printables.
- Instant Ink eligible. HP Ink ordered by your printer based on the number of pages you print monthly. Compatible with select HP printers.
- Eco-conscious choice — has one or more meaningful eco-attributes or eco-labels.
- ENERGY STAR certified — meets federal guidelines for energy efficiency.
|auto double-sided printing||no|
|compatible toner/ink||HP 63 Black Instant Ink-Ready Cartridge (~190 pages); HP 63 Tri-Color Instant Ink-Ready Cartridge (~165 pages)|
|connector type||USB 2.0|
|dimensions||17.71"H x 22.55"W x 10.66"D|
|functionality||copy; fax; print; scan|
|ink/toner cartridge(s) included||full-capacity cartridge(s)|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC; 230 V AC|
|maximum black and white print speed||8.5 ppm|
|maximum color print speed||6 ppm|
|maximum monthly volume||1,000 sheets|
|maximum optimized color print resolution||4800 x 1200 dpi|
|Maximum Print Resolution||4800 x 1200 dpi|
|maximum sheet size||legal (8 1/2" x 14")|
|Media Handling||1 x Input Tray 60 Sheet; 1 x Output Tray 25 Sheet; 1 x Automatic Document Feeder 35 Sheet|
|Media Size||Legal - 8.50" x 14"; A4 - 8.30" x 11.70"; Photo - 4" x 6"; B5 - 6.90" x 9.80"; DL Envelope - 4.30" x 8.60"; A6 - 4.10" x 5.80"; Envelope No. 10; 5" x 7"; 8" x 10"; 3" x 5"|
|media type||Photo Paper; Inkjet Paper; Envelope; Brochure Paper; Plain Paper|
|mobile printing||app based|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 10; Windows 8; Windows 7; Mac OS X|
|package contents||OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer; HP 63 Setup Black Instant Ink Ready Cartridge (~115 pages); HP 63 Setup Tri-color Instant Ink Ready Cartridge (~100 pages); Software CD; Setup Poster; Power Cord; Phone Cord|
|power source||AC Supply|
|print technology||Ink-jet - color|
|recommended use||Plain Paper Print|
|total paper tray capacity||125 sheets|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Wireless Print Technology||HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint; Wi-Fi Direct|
|Show More ▾|
Get more done with the easiest way to print from your smartphone or tablet.h1 Simplify tasks—and save up to 50% on inkh2 —with this affordable, easy-to-use all-in-one with fax. It fits in nearly any space and works quietly in the background.
Free up more time to focus on what’s important. Manage print jobs easily at the device, using the intuitive display. Copy, scan, and fax multipage documents from one versatile device.
Set up this space-saving all-in-one wherever you choose. It’s designed to work quietly in the background, so you can print, scan, and copy almost anywhere.
Easily recycle your Original HP ink and toner cartridges for free.
Easily print from your smartphone, tablet, and notebook at work, home, or on the go.
Manage your all-in-one or MFP from your smartphone or tablet, using the HP All-in-One Printer Remote app.
Print photos, documents, and more when you're on the go, using HP ePrint.
Allows multiple pages to be copied or scanned at one time
Borderless photos are printed right to the edge of the paper. You get beautiful photo prints with no trimming!
Save time by sending scanned documents or photos directly from your printer to email recipients.
- HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer
- HP 63 Setup Black Instant Ink Ready Cartridge (~115 pages)
- HP 63 Setup Tri-color Instant Ink Ready Cartridge (~100 pages)
- Software CD
- Setup Poster
- Power cord
- Phone cord.
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- 1 Phone cord
- Print speed color (draft, letter)
- Up to 16 ppm
- Print speed black (draft, letter)
- Up to 20 ppm
- First page out color (letter, ready)
- As fast as 17 sec
- Recommended monthly page volume
- 100 to 250
- Print technology
- HP Thermal Inkjet
- Print quality black (best)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 rendered dpi
- Print quality color (best)
- Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a computer on selected HP photo papers and 1200 input dpi)
- 2.2 in (5.5 cm) touch mono display with magic frame
- Processor speed
- 180 MHz
- Number of print cartridges
- 2 (1 black, 1 Tri-color)
- Print languages
- HP PCL 3 GUI; PCLm (HP Apps/UPD); URF (AirPrint)
- HP ePrint capability
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint™; Wireless Direct Printing
- Wireless capability
- Yes, built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- Connectivity, standard
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Connectivity, optional
- Network ready
- Standard (built-in WiFi 802.11b/g/n)
- Minimum system requirements
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer. Windows Vista: 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer 8. Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only): any Intel® Pentium® II, Celeron® or 233 MHz compatible processor, 850 MB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer 8.
- Minimum system requirements for Macintosh
- OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite; 1 GB HD; Internet; USB
- Compatible operating systems
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7; OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite
- Memory, maximum
- 512Mb DDR1, 128M flash
- Paper handling input, standard
- 60-sheet input tray
- Paper handling input, optional
- Not Applicable
- Paper handling output, standard
- 25-sheet output tray
- Paper handling output, optional
- Not Applicable
- Duplex printing
- Manual (driver support provided)
- Media sizes supported
- Letter; legal; 4 x 6 in; 5 x 7 in; 8 x 10 in; No. 10 envelopes
- Media sizes, custom
- 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media types
- Plain paper, photo paper, brochure paper, envelopes and other specialty inkjet papers
- Media weight, recommended
- Borderless printing
- Scanner type
- Flatbed, ADF
- Scan file format
- pdf, bmp, jpg, gif, tif, tif, png
- Scan resolution, optical
- Up to 1200 dpi
- Scan size, maximum
- 8.5 x 11.69 in
- Automatic document feeder capacity
- Standard, 35 sheets
- Digital sending standard features
- Scan to PC
- Copy resolution (black text)
- Up to 600 x 300 dpi
- Copy resolution (color text and graphics)
- Up to 600 x 300 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum
- Up to 50 copies
- Yes, color
- Fax transmission speed
- 4 secs per page
- Fax memory
- Up to 99 pages (black and white), based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will take longer and use more memory.
- Fax resolution
- Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- 100 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption
- 10 watts maximum, 0.1 watts (Off), 2.83 watts (Standby), 1.17 watt (Sleep)
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- Operating temperature range
- 41 to 104ºF
- Operating humidity range
- 20 to 80% RH
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 17.72 x 14.33 x 8.54 in
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 17.71 x 22.55 x 10.66 in (with trays extended)
- 12.37 lb
- One-year limited hardware warranty; For more info please visit us at http://support.hp.com
DisclaimersProduct image may differ from actual product h2 Savings claim is based on HP Instant Ink Service plan price for 12 months using all pages in plan without purchase of additional pages compared with the cost per page (“CPP”) of the majority of color inkjet printers <$399 USD, market share reported by IDC Q2 2014. CPP comparisons for standard capacity inkjet supplies are based on estimated street price and page yield as reported by Gap Intelligence MFP Weekly and IJP Weekly Reports 9/20/2014. Actual savings may vary depending on number of pages actually printed per month and content of pages printed. h10 Based on Internet connection to an eligible HP printer, valid credit/debit card, email address, and delivery service in your geographic area. h1 In comparison to the majority of consumer/home office inkjet all-in-one printers <$399 USD as of November 2014, based on market share as reported by IDC as of Q3 2014, and typical time to set up and/or presence of preloaded plug-in. App download required for printer setup. Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same network or have a direct wireless connection to the printer. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. See hp.com/go/mobileprinting for more details. h3 Requires HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app download and is compatible with iPhone® 4 and later, iPad® 4th generation, iPad mini™, iPad Air®, iPod®, and mobile devices using Android™ 4.0.3 or later. Printer and mobile device must be on the same local wireless network with Internet access. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. For a full list of supported operating systems, see hp.com/go/mobileprinting. h5 Mobile device requires wireless access point and an Internet connection. Compatible with iPhone® 4 and later, iPad® 4th generation, iPad mini™, iPad Air®, iPod® 5G using iOS 7or later, and mobile devices using Android™ 4.0.3 or later. Features controlled may vary by mobile device operating system. Scan/copy control requires mobile device and printer be on the same wireless network or through wireless direct connection to printer. For mobile scanning, device camera requires 5 megapixels or greater with autofocus capability.